Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Pretend you were drafting a playoff pool....

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 03/05/2008 : 17:26:13
Pretend you are drafting a playoff pool. Rank your players from best to wrost, including 20 forwards, 10 defense, 5 goalies, solely based on points and wins / shutouts. This will help us all get a better idea of who we should draft in our respective pools, I think. Nothing like a bunch of online guys helping each other out

Giguere
Nabokov
Brodeur
Price
Fleury ?

Selanne
Morrow
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Ribeiro
Crosby
Malkin
Lehtinen
Thornton
Getzlaf
Richards
Alfredsson
Heatley
Spezza
Kovalev
Sakic
Perry
Statsny
Parise
Forsberg ?
Hossa ?

Lidstrom
Rafalski
Zubov
Campbell
Pronger
Neidermayer
Markov
Gonchar
Boucher
Schneider

All aboard the Price bandwagon
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PainTrain Posted - 03/07/2008 : 14:27:11
Playoffs are a completely different season. Look at Travis Moen last year. 7 goals and 3 of them were game winners. Just think about this, Kris Draper has won 3 cups where Thornton hasn't won one. Like 99pickles said, sometimes taking those checking line forward can really turn in your favour.
99pickles Posted - 03/06/2008 : 22:12:38
The best way to win a playoff pool is to take all your players from 2 teams only...one from the East, one from the West. You just have to do your best to guess who the most likely finalists will be. I usually win the playoff pools that I am in by using this method. Last year I went with all Sabres and Ducks and won the pool. It was close though since I was wrong about the Sabres. I successfully use the same method for playoff check-box pools too.

You just have to remove your heart from the situation and not think that your own personal favourite team is going to win. It's also tougher when you get into the later rounds, you start getting scared when you are taking the 9th highest scorer from the same team. But trust me it truly works !!
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 03/06/2008 : 10:19:22
Ya I have to agree with Pucknuts it's way to early to draft a pool. Who knows Ottawa might not even make the playoffs if they keep this up.

Good defense is good offense!
PuckNuts Posted - 03/05/2008 : 21:25:27
Does it not matter who makes the playoffs?

It seems a little early to start drafting players...

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
Guest8815 Posted - 03/05/2008 : 17:40:01
You pretty much got it down pat what i was getting at. Elias is also another clutch performer wouldn't be a bad pickup in my opinion. J.P Dumont is also pretty good in the playoffs, if you think Nashville's going far, could be a questionable pick though as Nashville may not even make it. Your call though.
Guest8815 Posted - 03/05/2008 : 17:32:00
Marleau, Briere adn Drury would be a nice additions. I wouldn't count on Fleury, Stastny or Hossa. Other than that list looks pretty solid.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page