Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 We miss Niedermayer and Jovo

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 02/21/2006 : 10:14:37
Canada sure misses these two right now. Sure they pulled of the win but their defense is noticably hurting right now. Pronger is taking too many penalties, Blake isn't himself and Regher is just plain awful. Seriously, I am not sure why he is on this team the way he is playing.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blade Posted - 02/23/2006 : 12:52:24
Jovo is crap. Neidermayer is a hockey god, too bad he was injured.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/22/2006 : 15:00:06
Oh Ok I wasn't sure if he was or not, I guess that's a decent reason why he's not playing!

Sure McCabe's defensive play leaves room for improvement, but he's just an offensive-minded D and that's his role on the Leafs.
pucker Posted - 02/22/2006 : 08:31:09
Brewer is hurt, otherwise he would have been a decent pick. http://www.pickuphockey.com/hp/hp_injuries.aspx

You are way off on McCabe. Nothing to do with Leafs hatred. I picked him in my pool and he has done a great job for me. Offensively he is great and has a wicked shot but his defensive play is awful.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/21/2006 : 10:45:11
I sense a little bit of Leafs hatred. McCabe is a great defensemen of recent, it's just that he along with many others aren't having a good tournament. McCabe seems lost on the ice because he's not being used as much as he is with the Leafs. Don't let it slip your mind too quickly that he saved a goal when the puck went right through Brodeur's pads and was going in. He outmuscled Ales Hemsky who was just about to slide it in, to save what would have been an easy goal.

I'm a little curious, in hindsight, why Eric Brewer wasn't considered to fill either of those spots. He was at the 2002 Olympics after all, and if I remember correctly, had a pretty decent tournament.
dallasj Posted - 02/21/2006 : 10:43:46
The defense has looked pretty sloppy and just too slow. I lost count of how many passes they let go by at the blueline. Today was definatly an improvement, and the defensive zone coverage was very solid. But there is no one defenseman that can create something for the forwards. My vote for most useless Canadian defenseman would have to be Bryan McCabe, he's been just plain crap.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page