Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 who's winning the stanley cup

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2309 Posted - 03/06/2008 : 13:15:24
who do you think is going to win the stanley cup this year.
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4912 Posted - 03/13/2008 : 11:34:21
buti hope its phillie
Guest4912 Posted - 03/11/2008 : 11:45:38
my guess would be either the devils or pengiuns even tho i hate crosby, but anyone of them could could take it home
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/10/2008 : 17:02:08
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4912

there is now way to decide a winning team this early you cant even decide in the playoffs!! 2006 every body said that the oilers were down and out and wouldnt even make the play offs every body said the the wings will win it. then sharks, then the ducks, the oilers beat them all but whenevery body thought that the oilers were gunna win it all, they gave up the big show to the canes. so really you cant pick a team to win.

Well said. What teams do you think could be the Edmonton of 2006 although there is no way you can choose.

Go Stars
Guest4912 Posted - 03/10/2008 : 13:15:41
there is now way to decide a winning team this early you cant even decide in the playoffs!! 2006 every body said that the oilers were down and out and wouldnt even make the play offs every body said the the wings will win it. then sharks, then the ducks, the oilers beat them all but whenevery body thought that the oilers were gunna win it all, they gave up the big show to the canes. so really you cant pick a team to win.
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 03/08/2008 : 14:39:14
Hey guests the sharks got way better goaltending, better offensive although Detroit has better defense and guess what Detroit sucks s*** in the playoffs. By the way thisn isn't who would you want to win the cup, it's who is going to win the cup, duh.

Good defense is good offense!
Guest4475 Posted - 03/07/2008 : 15:00:31
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Toronto will win the Stanley Cup this year for sure. Since McCabe's return they have been on a roll paralled by no other team. This roll is going to carry over right into the playoffs and on to the winning of the Holy Grail. I am buying my souvenirs now in order to beat the Leaf bandwagon jumpers who will turn out in the millions by the end of the first round. Everybody loves an underdog and everyone will love the Leafs as Toronto will be the site of the single most largest sports trophy victory party and parade the whole world has ever seen. We'll be dancing in the streets celebrating our own form of Madi Gras while banging back our Canadian beer and trading the bottle caps for bra removals. Make your hotel reservations now as you're not going to want to miss a minute of this happening baby!!!!!!! Leafs rule.....Leaf's win..........................Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Why not wait until April to buy your souvenirs, I guarantee you the lineups will be shorter once the season ends and there may even be stuff on sale. ;)
Pasty7 Posted - 03/07/2008 : 13:23:06
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Ever consider that the team that wins the cup, be it based in the US or not, tends to have the highest or close to the highest concentration of Canadian players? Don Cherry goes through the rosters every final and proves his point very well and with a lot of passion

All aboard the Price bandwagon

oh forsure alex last year i went for the ducks in the final way more canadien boys could get a ring that year,,, but its time that teams that can barely put 9000 people in the stands stop being a part of our league,,, like antro said people will care in the city of toronto if the leafs win in anahiem come on nobody cared i want to see our game appreciated
!

Pasty
Alex Posted - 03/07/2008 : 12:51:52
Ever consider that the team that wins the cup, be it based in the US or not, tends to have the highest or close to the highest concentration of Canadian players? Don Cherry goes through the rosters every final and proves his point very well and with a lot of passion

Pasty7 Posted - 03/07/2008 : 12:43:26
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Toronto will win the Stanley Cup this year for sure. Since McCabe's return they have been on a roll paralled by no other team. This roll is going to carry over right into the playoffs and on to the winning of the Holy Grail. I am buying my souvenirs now in order to beat the Leaf bandwagon jumpers who will turn out in the millions by the end of the first round. Everybody loves an underdog and everyone will love the Leafs as Toronto will be the site of the single most largest sports trophy victory party and parade the whole world has ever seen. We'll be dancing in the streets celebrating our own form of Madi Gras while banging back our Canadian beer and trading the bottle caps for bra removals. Make your hotel reservations now as you're not going to want to miss a minute of this happening baby!!!!!!! Leafs rule.....Leaf's win..........................Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Antro i gurantee if this happens i will be right there with you in the parade dropping beer after beer for bra removals,,,,,,,, i'd take the leafs in the playoffs before any u.s team! even though im a habs fan

Pasty
Antroman Posted - 03/07/2008 : 12:08:22
Hey Axey.....Don't get too excited about Perry. The club says six weeks but I think it will be about four. It is only a leg laceration and I think he will make the first round. Second at the latest.
Antroman Posted - 03/07/2008 : 12:04:34
Devils Fanatic Posted - 03/07/2008 : 11:59:57
Devils, if only they could pick up the offensive slack. Marty is doing his job.

Devils fan for life
Guest4449 Posted - 03/07/2008 : 11:20:23
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

We have had many polls just like this and also about the poll. The San Jose because they got offense, defense and great goaltending.

Detroit has everything the Sharks have and more.
Guest4449 Posted - 03/07/2008 : 11:17:57
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

We have had many polls just like this and also about the poll. The San Jose because they got offense, defense and great goaltending.

What gives man? You call yourself Datsyuk, you have an Avalanche player in your picture and you pick the Sharks to win the Cup???
Axey Posted - 03/07/2008 : 09:38:58
i voted for the habs .. im obliged to .. but anaheim has just lost corey perry. This makes me happy, i hope their demise all beings here
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/07/2008 : 08:31:15
Dude, don't you have school today? lol, yes, Bettman would be very happy! Canada would mourn! except for me! because Thornton would get his cup!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Alex Posted - 03/07/2008 : 08:27:07
Imagine, Tampa Carolina Anaheim and San Jose as the last 4 winners of hockey's holy grail. Four first time winners in four years, and all American! I'm sure Gary Bettman will be very very happy. The rest of Canada won't though

ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/07/2008 : 07:59:50
The Ducks are slipping. Not to mention that Perry got hurt last night for who knows how long, and that could hurt them! I'm gonna go with a SHarks, Devils matchup with the Sharks taking it. Their offence is starting to pick it up and their defence is stellar, not to mention they have probably the second best goalie in the league! If their power play can continue to click, they will be very tough to beat!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Alex Posted - 03/07/2008 : 06:35:01
The thing is, so many teams could take it in the West. Even those who are not really stacked are contenders. I can see Anaheim, San Jose, Dallas, Detroit, Colorado, and even Minnesota or Calgary, all going to the final. Now in the east I think it is a little clearer.

I have no faith in the Penguins, simply because they are rellying way too much on an overly stacked offense with no apparent direction or purpose. Malkin does not know his role, Crosby is going to be shifted around, Hossa is thrown into the mix... for a young team that is a lot to digest, especially if the offece doesn't produce. On defense they have good vets in Gonchar and Whitney, but not much else. And in goal, Fleury is not a playoff goalie, Sabourin who knows, Conklin I would argue deserves the job, but that's not how the coach is going to run things.

Meanwhile in Ottawa, I'm hesitant. I think that they might even place in the bottom half of the conference. If they play this way, they will barely make it in. Now, their offense is uninspired, their defense is nowhere, and I said it once I will say it again, their entire goalie situation I would not touch with a ten foot pole. I thing they could go past the first round and maybe gain momentum, but again, they need a sense of clear cut direction, which means, decide on a goalie, decide on your lines, decide on the roles, and then go with it. Every game the plan is different, no wonder they can't get in to a grove.

New Jersey and Montreal in my mind are the favourites. I was hesitant when they chose Price alone to start, but he not only has proven himself this season, he has proven himself elsewhere, i.e. international play and especially in the Memorial Cup, where he was thrust in to the spotlight right before the playoffs.

Jersey meanwhile has the best goalie of the decade and change, as voted by the very knowledgeable people in the thread Top 20 since 1930

Again, if you look at what seperates these teams, it is direction. They are not stacked ith stars by any means. But they have role players doing their jobs and it is working fantastically. I guarantee had any of them made a big splash at the deadline, for Hossa let's say, Pittsburgh would be playing as they were two weeks ago, and Montreal / Jersey would start to slip.

I predict a Jersey / Montreal East. As for West, I would like to say Wings and Ducks again, but it will be hard because of the way teams finish in the tight as hell West... that match up may just not be possible, only time shall tell.

HabsBiggestFan Posted - 03/07/2008 : 05:57:53
Like I said a couple days ago... If Price can pull it off in the playoffs the Habs will win the cup. AGAIN!

"There is a light at the end of every tunnel, just pray it's not a train"
semin-rules Posted - 03/07/2008 : 05:45:17
Once again...
Stars vs. Habs in finals.
Stars in 6

~~~GO STARS~~~
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 03/06/2008 : 15:48:25

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page