Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Joe Thornton winning the scoring title this year?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 03/09/2008 : 17:20:47
Smoking Joe Thornton was a sleeper all season always up there in points but as of late he has turned it up a notch,, now i know he is still 14 points back from ovie and malkin but remeber 3 years ago when he won the title he trailed jagr by 6 points going into the last 2 games and still came out on top ,,,, who knows maybe he can do it again??

Pasty
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mytor4 Posted - 03/11/2008 : 19:24:36
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

As awesome as that would be, i do not see it happening. I'm afraid that 14 points is too much for even Joe Thornton to catch up. But who knows? Hopefully he will prove me wrong and prove to everyone once again that he is the best player in the NHL!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.

i agree.14 pts behind with only what 15 games to go ,doesn't look good. now if there were 25 games to go than i would say he would have a chance.

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/11/2008 : 18:06:38
of course i'm Joey's PR guy! I got his back! Nobody can talk crap about my man! lol but completely agree with the whole underrated thing. I would love to see him with like, Kovalchuk or Hossa or someone like that! Wow! His skill would be completely showcased!

Brett Hull.
Alex Posted - 03/11/2008 : 14:07:33
You ''truly are sorry'' --

What are you like his PR man? Haha no I am sure Thornton is a nice guy, he seems like such a good person.

And he is definitely a great athlete. I think he is underrated just slightly. Really, who is he working with? Cheechoo, who, though some people get blurred by the 50 goal season, is not an all-star, and Marleau the underachiever. Thornton is doing a great job in San Jose and he deserves to bring them their first cup

All aboard the Price bandwagon
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/11/2008 : 04:46:01
I have to disagree! although i have never met the man (it's on my "bucket list" tho) many of my friends have! one of my friends recently got a picture taken with him, one of my friends got an autographed stick and a kiss on the head from him (that friend was a girl), and a ton of my friends have gotten autographs from him and said he is a great guy! maybe he was having a bad day, gostarsgo, but i truly am sorry for your bad experience.

Brett Hull.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/10/2008 : 16:40:46
ya he is one of the best players in the NHL but off the ice he's the worst of all of them. When i asked for his autograph once he is just shook his head at me and walked away. I was 13 at that time

Go Stars
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/10/2008 : 05:31:36
As awesome as that would be, i do not see it happening. I'm afraid that 14 points is too much for even Joe Thornton to catch up. But who knows? Hopefully he will prove me wrong and prove to everyone once again that he is the best player in the NHL!

Brett Hull.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/09/2008 : 20:17:48
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Alex[/i]
[br]Personally I would not be surprised.

But if there is one thing I learned this year, my first real year of pooling, it is that the NHL has two seasons in terms of fantasy hockey.

Joe Thornton is a second season beast. This year, Vanek and Cheechoo also fell under that category. Surprisingly, so did the Leafs and Habs, and therefore their goalies.

I think that this is an article that maybe Dobber should do or someone else knowledgeable in the game. I am sure there are motives behind it and logical reasoning.

For example, drawing from a personal example, I can show you rationale behind both methods of play.

One season, I started off with no real purpose. I was on a good team, and I wasn't so important in the process. If I did not score, we still won. But near the middle of the season, I had a change of heart. So what if I didn't NEED to score? I wanted to score! So I put my mind to it and had a great second half. The first half was really filled on a team concept. The second half, once I got comfortable, I started to play for the stats, to try and find my grove so the team could rely on me come post season, if others can not produce.

This season, I was playing on a team that needed me. I started stronger than ever, scoring 2 goals a game and a couple assists, having a plus minus of around 25 in 12 games, you get the picture. My team was bad, and once we started winning, I went back to the call of duty, nothing above. Guess what? We lost in the first round.

This example ain't perfect, far from it. But I am sure Jason Spezza taking it cool is a reason for the team starting to fade. We saw it in last years final, they only played intensely once they were down.

Mentality has a lot to do with stats, you would be surprised.

Your like the master yoda of the forums

Go Stars
Alex Posted - 03/09/2008 : 17:44:09
Personally I would not be surprised.

But if there is one thing I learned this year, my first real year of pooling, it is that the NHL has two seasons in terms of fantasy hockey.

Joe Thornton is a second season beast. This year, Vanek and Cheechoo also fell under that category. Surprisingly, so did the Leafs and Habs, and therefore their goalies.

I think that this is an article that maybe Dobber should do or someone else knowledgeable in the game. I am sure there are motives behind it and logical reasoning.

For example, drawing from a personal example, I can show you rationale behind both methods of play.

One season, I started off with no real purpose. I was on a good team, and I wasn't so important in the process. If I did not score, we still won. But near the middle of the season, I had a change of heart. So what if I didn't NEED to score? I wanted to score! So I put my mind to it and had a great second half. The first half was really filled on a team concept. The second half, once I got comfortable, I started to play for the stats, to try and find my grove so the team could rely on me come post season, if others can not produce.

This season, I was playing on a team that needed me. I started stronger than ever, scoring 2 goals a game and a couple assists, having a plus minus of around 25 in 12 games, you get the picture. My team was bad, and once we started winning, I went back to the call of duty, nothing above. Guess what? We lost in the first round.

This example ain't perfect, far from it. But I am sure Jason Spezza taking it cool is a reason for the team starting to fade. We saw it in last years final, they only played intensely once they were down.

Mentality has a lot to do with stats, you would be surprised.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page