Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Quarterfinals

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dallasj Posted - 02/21/2006 : 14:05:46
The quarterfinals are all set. Should be some great matchups as this tournament really gets going and the hearts will be in the throats of many around the world tomorrow. Predictions anyone?

Switzerland v Sweden - So which teams are going to show up? The Swiss team that beats Canada and the Czechs or the one that struggles to tie Germany and Italy? And Sweden has been more than a little inconsistent (a theme I figure in the prelim round for a lot of teams). I'm thinking that the slipper doesn't fit on Switzerland and Sweden win this one.

Finland v USA - As well as the US played in the Russia game, I don't see them beating Finland. Although I haven't seen Slovakia, Finland has been the best team I have seen.

Slovakia v Czech Rep. - This is nearly as big as a game as the Canad-Russia game given the history of the two nations. The Czechs haven't been playing nearly as well as they are capable of and Vokoun looked weak against Canada, but I picked the Czech Rep. to win the tournament and I won't go back on that now.

Russia v Canada - The "big one" of the quarterfinals. Both teams have been inconsistent throughout the prelims, but Canada has shown improvement in the Czech game. On any given night, the Russians could light up the scoreboard or self destruct, so it's just a matter of what team will play. At times today, they looked like scoring at will and will prove a real test for the Canadian defence. Like the previous game, I picked Canada to win silver and won't go back on that now as I have a feeling that no matter how the team plays, Brodeur will put them on his back to at least two more wins.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ryan Harper Posted - 02/22/2006 : 08:26:36
After seeing the play of the Fins and Slovaks so far it is tough to go against them. Even though I chose the Czechs to go to the Gold medal game, I think the Slovaks will take it. The Fins should roll over the US. The Swedes will most likely win today but they wont get past the Semi Finals.

Canada/Russia. So we meet again. Prediction: Canada 5 Russia 3.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page