Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 top 8 d-man in the league

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mytor4 Posted - 03/11/2008 : 19:49:36
hey guys i want you to list the top 8 d-man in the league.opinions are always wanted. here's my top 8
1-lidstrom
2-pronger
3-neidermayer
4-zubov
5-markov
6-chara
7-kaberla
8-rafalski
hm----phaneuf

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex Posted - 03/12/2008 : 14:35:03
I think we should try and break down our choices too, guys.

1 - Lidstrom

Was there ever a doubt? I mean, just Detroit's record without versus with him is testimony to his incredible impact and contribution to making his squad the 5 runaway candidate for the President's Trophy. He is first in points among defense, fourth in ice time, first in plus minus for the entire NHL, and is a team player, only taking 36 PIM, significantly near the lower end of the spectrum in comparison to other elite defensemen.

2 - Markov

OK, so he isn't the sexiest pick for the number two spot. Sue me. I like to pick players who really make an impact, not just score a goal a game on a team that nets 5 a game. You saw at the skills competition, in the one timer shootout -- he was perfect, or if my memory fails me, at least close to perfect, in accuracy, and his speed was not compromised. His leadership is incredible in the dressing room, not to mention he is arguably the number one factor in the number one PP in the NHL. It is players who can make plays like he does that end up stealing games for teams, on the powerplay. Being third in points as a D, and in the top 20 for ice time can't hurt either.

3- Gonchar

A leader in Pittsbrugh, when times were tough over there it was this guy you could look to as one of your leaders. He is second defensemen in points, but more importantly, plays good defense on a offense oriented team.

4- Campbell

On Buffalo he was on all star, and on San Jose the sky is the limit. Another champion of the special teams, he can pass with the best of them, has uncanny vision of the ice, and plays well back in his own zone too.

5- Kaberle

In my mind, he is the Campbell of Toronto. Amidst all the noise and distractions around him, Kaberle remains one of the best in his department. His accuracy speaks for itself, his skating is top tier quality, and his presence of mind and ability to make big plays when guys are dropping like flies (figuratively) around him and are playing like they have farm animals up their ass and around the corner, is what really stands out.

6- Pronger

Big mean defense machine. You wouldn't think that such an incredibly talented defensive defenseman would be able to rack up so many points on the front end. Maybe his point production can be somewhat credited to the guys in front of him, but no one can argue that his nack for playing disciplined, positional hockey is incredible.

7- Zubov

Underrated is the story of this guy, and even on this list he may be more deserving of a seventh spot. An injury is partially to blame for that, my inability to catch any of his games also up there. I mean, his stats speak for themselves, as do his highlights on the Stars website. He is definitely one of the best, and more deserving than the spot I gave him in all likeliness.

8- Keith

Just think that he is second among defensemen in the plus minus department, playing on Chicago. They are having a great year in comparisson to some of the previous campaigns, and he is such a big reason. He is a leader, he is a producer, he is a guy you can turn to... I expect more great things to come from this one.

All aboard the Price bandwagon
Guest2536 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 08:47:48
1- Pronger
2- Lidstrom
3- Chara
4- Jovanovski
5- Phaneuf
6- Niedermeyer
7- Markov
8- Bouwmeester
--- Komisarek
kingwoody2 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 05:53:37
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8023

1. Lidstrom - best by a longshot
2. Chara - monster on the ice, can do it all
3. Niedermeyer - look what the ducks have done since he came back
4. Phaneuf - best body checker since my idol Scott Stevens
5. Gonchar - racks up the points very quietly
6. Zubov - does the same great work every year
7. Pronger - not having his best season
8. Campbell - surpise...hopefully he keeps this up

No idea why it didnt have me as logged in.
Guest8023 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 05:52:55
1. Lidstrom - best by a longshot
2. Chara - monster on the ice, can do it all
3. Niedermeyer - look what the ducks have done since he came back
4. Phaneuf - best body checker since my idol Scott Stevens
5. Gonchar - racks up the points very quietly
6. Zubov - does the same great work every year
7. Pronger - not having his best season
8. Campbell - surpise...hopefully he keeps this up

ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/12/2008 : 05:06:48
1. Lidstrom - duh
2. Pronger - 43 points, big mean defence
3. Neidermyer - 4 stanley cups, 1 conn smythe, 1 james norris, nuff said
4. Zubov- consistently one of the top defence in the league
5. Campbell- 50 points this year and starting to come into his prime. hasn't lost since coming to San Jose
6. Chara- monstar! who wants to play this guy? has a cannon from the point, and will dish out big hits
7. Phaneuf- best hitter in the league. has had 49 points at least in first 3 years
8. Bouwmeester- most minutes in the league, has always had a positive +/- while ON THE PANTHERS

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
mytor4 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 02:35:50
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

I think Duncan Keith is having a fantastic year. He has 27 points and is a +28.
He's obviously playing very, very well in his own end. He may be a Norris contender in the future.

yes he is .i also like seabrook even more. there are a few young guts having great seasons but i put only the vets down as they have proved themselfs over time.

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs
willus3 Posted - 03/11/2008 : 21:05:46
I think Duncan Keith is having a fantastic year. He has 27 points and is a +28.
He's obviously playing very, very well in his own end. He may be a Norris contender in the future.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page