Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 best/favorite goal celebration

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 07:35:28
It doesn't have to be an NHL one it can be from any league my personal favorite is the Milan Hejduk celebration when he pretends to be a duck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7FjshFJZ24

Go Stars
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 18:37:15
quote:
Originally posted by shinnyafterschool

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Some players are so eager to showboat. Case in point... me!

On my first year playing higher than houseleague, I was so eager to be this big arrogant NHLer at nine years old. I picked fights, mouthed off... the Avery's of the world had made their mark on me, needless to say.

But it got ridiculous. I wanted so bad to celebrate a goal; problem was, I didn't have any goals for which to celebrate.

Then one game at the end of the year, we had a powerplay. All I did (I was playing the point) was fire it back around the boards when it came around, to the guy waiting behind the net.

Eventually, we scored.

My team went to high five each other. And where was I? At centre ice, doing like five celebrations in a row. The horse, the Selanne, the Briere, and to cap it off, the Fleury. I looked RETARDED! But in retrospect, it must have been fun to watch!

All aboard the Price bandwagon

Wow, story of my life! I played 'A' for the first time as a 12 year old for the first time in my life. (I;m a good house player at best) Anyway's goals were few and far between for me so I decided I also should celebrate when I get one. So..at one point in a game I found the puck in the crease and I tapped it in. I skate to the boards do the laraque thing, fall over,(that was hard plexiglass!) while me teammates are applauding my linemate! They thought he had scored! Needless to say I got made fun of for the rest of the season, and I still get poked fun at because of it to this day.
-how goals should be celebrated-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fL0FWkJJcxs

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "

Great story I've done the same celebration before and i fell lol pretty embarrassing but great celbraton.

Go Stars
shinnyafterschool Posted - 03/12/2008 : 18:34:37
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

On my first year playing higher than houseleague, I was so eager to be this big arrogant NHLer at nine years old. I picked fights, mouthed off... the Avery's of the world had made their mark on me, needless to say.

But it got ridiculous. I wanted so bad to celebrate a goal; problem was, I didn't have any goals for which to celebrate.

Then one game at the end of the year, we had a powerplay. All I did (I was playing the point) was fire it back around the boards when it came around, to the guy waiting behind the net.

Eventually, we scored.

My team went to high five each other. And where was I? At centre ice, doing like five celebrations in a row. The horse, the Selanne, the Briere, and to cap it off, the Fleury. I looked RETARDED! But in retrospect, it must have been fun to watch!

Wow, story of my life! I played 'A' for the first time as a 12 year old for the first time in my life. (I;m a good house player at best) Anyway's goals were few and far between for me so I decided I also should celebrate when I get one. So..at one point in a game I found the puck in the crease and I tapped it in. I skate to the boards do the laraque thing, fall over,(that was hard plexiglass!) while me teammates are applauding my linemate! They thought he had scored! Needless to say I got made fun of for the rest of the season, and I still get poked fun at because of it to this day.
-how goals should be celebrated-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fL0FWkJJcxs

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
Alex Posted - 03/12/2008 : 17:24:01

Eventually, we scored.

Datsyuk 1 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 17:14:27
Ya I don't really care when be show off after a goal and also I don't do it unless I score a meaningful goal.

Good defense is good offense!
Alex Posted - 03/12/2008 : 14:11:26
Well personally I think that there is nothing wrong with celebrating and getting a little over the top. Mind you, most of the games elite players that have been there a while, (at the top) as in Sakic Sundin Alfredsson and others, simply raise their stick and let their teammates gather round.

However, the Briere's and Ovechkin's of the world have a place in my heart too. I think that when you look at the passion of these guys, it is incredible, and it is shown in their celebrations.

So, my take on the Avery? Let him do what he wants, I do not mind. I think it is above all, entertaining for the fans, uplifting for the scoring team, thus contributing to the shift of momentum, and I think that there are no bad things to come out of it. If the other team resents it and nails Avery, hey, he asked for it. Most likely the guys to do these crazy celebrations have attitudes that make them targets in the first place.

ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/12/2008 : 10:33:32
lol, i don't need to worry! i never score so i never celebrate. simple as that! and i completely agree with what has been said. I'm not a big fan of hotdogging and showing off after a goal. I don't mind cheering or even really excited cheering (such as Ovechkin) but i don't like when people are too showboaty. (is that a word?). ALthough, i do like original celebrations! but if someone has done the same thing as you are planning on doing, don't do it!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Antroman Posted - 03/12/2008 : 10:10:28
One of my all time favs has be the very first time Tiger Williams did his riding the hockey stick routine down the middle of the ice. It is mundane now but the first time he did it, he had everybody absolutely roaring over it, even the fans from other teams. Unfortunately, it was the start of all kinds of nonsense that I don't really condone to be honest with everybody. I absolutely hate all that celebrating in football. I can't understand why a guy has to show off after a meaning less tackle when he is just doing what he is paid for and expected to do? On the other hand, it does add some color to the games and a celebration after a great goal or important play does have a place in promoting the games. Unfortunately, sometimes it is just a show of poor sportsmanship and at times your opponents might have long memories. Good advise, if you participate in this type of celebration, it might be a real good idea to keep your head up the next time you are on the ice against these same opponents!!!!!
Guest6406 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 08:47:00
Willus I have to agree with you here.

My high school hockey team was up 17-0 one game and we had a
D-man that had not scored all year. He put in the 18th goal of the game for us and he decided he would come back to center ice and do the canoe over the red line. It was embracing for the whole team and it’s safe to say he didn’t get in the line up for a few games after that.
99pickles Posted - 03/12/2008 : 08:33:37
The Fleury goal is the first thing I thought of. The one against Edmonton back in the early 90's. They lose the series in game 7 unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSRFLUBgvzc&feature=related
willus3 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 08:01:46
Personally I can't stand the celebrations. Unless it's a meaningful goal in a tight game or a playoff series it's not warranted. I'm not a fan of the "look at me" players.
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/12/2008 : 07:48:48
Sean Avery's push ups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts9FFr-gxvw

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page