Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Fastest in a game

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2303 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 15:02:20
Who is the fastest in a game situation?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SuperSakic Posted - 03/14/2008 : 06:45:44
I thought Pavel Bure was the best at knowing what to do with the puck when at high speed. When he was going full out you knew he was going to score...Gaborik is a good one from today, but I still think Bure tops him.
Antroman Posted - 03/13/2008 : 20:30:46
I used to love watching Modano.. he could flat out fly with complete control of the puck. I haven't seen him play too much of late but I would bet he still isn't slow. By the way, Ovie isn't exactly slow either?
leigh Posted - 03/12/2008 : 16:31:07
Matthew Lombardi of the Flames. For flat out, straight ahead speed he can't be beat. But for maneuvering at high speed with the puck, Gaborik is at or near the top.

Also Ryan Kessler of the Canucks is pretty stupid fast. But he is completely out of control sometimes.

Kariya was the man about 5 or 8 years ago but no longer.

Pavel Bure, in his first few years in the league, might have been the fastest skater I have ever seen in my life.
willus3 Posted - 03/12/2008 : 15:17:40
From that list I'd say Kariya. He has incredible acceleration.
Fedorov is pretty phenomenal as well. I remember watching a game, Wings vs Blues where he and Kravchuk (Blue's player) took off in a race for the puck from between the blue and red line and by the time they were at the other blue line Fedorov was 4 strides ahead. The most impressive part though was that Kravchuk looked like he was skating for all his worth while Fedorov looked like it was effortless.
Alex Posted - 03/12/2008 : 15:13:07
Marian Gaborik should be on this list. First of all, he is one of the few that utilizes his speed to his potential.

The proper way to use speed is to make a good play into a great play.

If you look at his highlights, most will be on breakaways, because he simply knows how to break away from the pack at the right moment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XxSr1JzP99A

Check the clip at 0:48 and see his masterful ability to hone his speed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FDN_S7mO6jo

Here at 2:25 -- what could the D possibly have done?

Now, other players, like Afinogenov I think I read, have incredible, incredible speed and conditioning, but simply can not harness it. They are flying around all over the ice and don't know whether they are coming or going.

And finally, you have your Alfredssons. He a good skater? He admits, he stinks at skating. But it is his ability to read the play and anticipate that let him pick up loose pucks, intercept passes, and land up on the right side of the puck more times than not.

Speed is only as useful as its beholder

All aboard the Price bandwagon

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page