Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Better Conference

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 03/19/2008 : 11:41:38
Does the West or the East have better chances of winning this year?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tbar Posted - 03/19/2008 : 12:57:10
I can see the East taking home the Cup this year not because they are better but because whoever comes out of the West will be alot more banged up. Every series in the West is going to be a hard fought battel and its going to be great. As far as Montreal their not tough enough to make it all the way in my mind but who knows.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/19/2008 : 12:49:00
I don't think Montreal will do as well as people think in the playoffs. They have a rookie goalie that doesn't yet know how to handle pressure situations, an offense that has the possibility of going cold and a solid but at times incompetent defense.

The Habs did nothing at the deadline, whereas the Stars, Sharks and Pens made changes that help their team. The Canadians made thier team worse in my mind by trading Huet. I think it also says one of two things about Carey Price and their entire team.

1). Carey Price can backstop us to a win and will be as, or more, clutch then Huet would have been.

-----or--------

2). Give Price the majority of the action so thta in a few years when we go for the Cup again Carey will have the nessicary experience and wil thrive.

I think right now it's a crapshoot for the Habs, just because they traded Huet. In my mind that says that they aren't committed to the playoffs this year.

But who do I think will win? Either the Stars or the Sharks. They made the proper upgrades at the deadline and now have solid starters, rock solid defense and scoring. The additions of Brian Campbell to San Jose and Richards to Dallas fixed the two problems these franchises had and gives them the nessicary tools to win a Cup. I think they can do it.

But can the Habs? NO.

Alex Posted - 03/19/2008 : 11:46:37
Obviously, this poll has a couple of intertwining factors. The west may be more stacked, but all it takes is the best team to be in the east, and all those great monsters out west can kiss the cup good bye.

However, I have to say the west edges the east. I mean, come on. The team that wins in the west will have to be the best of the best in the west. One team will have to beat out the rest.

Red Wings, Sharks, Stars, Ducks, Avalance, Flames: all these teams can realistically make runs, and the one of them in the Finals when all is said and done will have had to be that much better than the rest.

Who is the competition in the east? Montreal, Jersey, Ottawa, Pittsburgh. Montreal in my mind takes it by a landslide. They will bulldoze over their first round matchup. They will be the dominators in the second round match up. They may face bumps in the conference final, but will come out on top.

It is a really hard question because in my mind the two best teams right now going into the playoffs are San Jose and Montreal, but anything can happen.

All aboard the Price bandwagon

EDIT: Can all the members who look at this join the PickUpHockey Cyber Cup? It only will take two minutes, I am trying to get participation from all the active members. All you need to do for now is read the intro and tell me you will join. Time is of the essence. Thanks guys, I know I can count on you
This is the link:
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3820#51395

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page