Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Playoff Turning Points

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 04/12/2008 : 18:45:29
I'm watching he Habs / Bruins game. It is 2-2, Bs tied it up by scoring 2 in the third. The Habs had a 5-on-3 and a four minute double minor and could not score! Markov missed a bouncing puck on an open cage on Thomas's right, and Brisebois hit the post with a second left on the clock! The top ranked powerplay is 0-10 in the playoffs!

That Brisebois play may just be the turning point in the game, and the PP may be the turning point in the series.

As the playoffs progress, for those who watch the games, I thought it would be fun to record what, to you, were the big moments in any given game or series.

It will be fun to revisit these archives in say a year or two and look back at some fun hockey history!

Let the posting begin! I think everyone can get in on this one, and it will be fun as fans to post, comment and discuss!

Gotta go watch the OT, but one last thing to leave you with:

GO HABS GO! (I am even getting my braces changed on Thursday to match their colours! Woot woot!)

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks

EDIT: The Bruins end up taking another penalty in overtime, making that something like 7 straight penalties to end the game right after trying it up. Reich, who took the penalty that cost the game, actually got high sticked upon video replay. He reacted by rushing his hands to his face, and as a reaction, tripped the Montreal puck carrier. In actuality, Montreal should have gotten the penalty, put the ref at the other end of the rink only noticed the trip.

Montreal goes on yet another PP, wins a faceoff, gets the puck to Kovalev who winds, fires -- ET C'EST LE BUT!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex Posted - 04/22/2008 : 06:53:22
Up 2-0 and not showing any signs of letting up, at home, with a 3-2 series lead as a comfortable cushion, the Flyers can not capitalize (excuse the pun) on chance after chance after chance.

The rest you saw in the honour roll. Backstrom-Semin-Backstrom-Semin-NET! Semin off the point shot past a sprawling Biron. Ovechkin's heroics all alone in on Biron. And the late insurance on the PP cranked from the slot by no other than AO.

Heck, we got ourselves a series boys!

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks
SuperSakic Posted - 04/21/2008 : 11:16:25
For me it was the last game of the Habs/Bruins series.
Kovalev fails to get the puck out of his zone. Instead of just backhanding it out, he tries to shoot it all the way around the boards in his own end and it goes to a Bruin. I was like "this looks like it's going to be ugly". And sure enough the Bruin passes it across to a team-mate and GOAL! I think I saw that same play, where they failed to get the puck out and it killed the Habs in the previous game.
I wanted to throw my beer at the tv!

Also, when Ottawa came back from 3-0 to tie the game, and then in the last minute of the game Marty Lapoint gets a penalty for highsticking. You knew the Pens were going to score after that....Had they killed off the penalty, who knows what might have happened...
leigh Posted - 04/20/2008 : 20:12:59
Flames rallied tonight and handed the Sharks their asses. Big time turning point. Game 7 Tuesday April 22 at 7pm.
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/20/2008 : 19:52:34
I really didn't expect Montreal to be blown out by the Bruins but now i'm starting to think it might happen...With the bruttle loss last night the Bruins have all the confidence on their side. Let's hope Price comes big at his home rink; Le Centre Belll!

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
Axey Posted - 04/18/2008 : 12:05:07
The 5th goal really looked like a dagger in the confidence of Price, that was the first time I've ever seen that look on his face.. it scared me. Though his confidence may be rocked Guy must start him game 5, or he will have no confidence at all. I say Price will bounce back and have a good game 6 and send the bruins packing.
Alex Posted - 04/18/2008 : 09:55:42
Last night, Habs hit two posts on the man advantage while they are up 1-0. They let the Bs escape the period unscathed relative to the pressure they put on.

Boston gets a quick goal, and then the Habs regroup. Finally the game is starting to calm down a little bit when Price makes a glove save. He waits for a whistle and doesn't get one. So, he drops the puck for his D-man who is not ready for it. Bing, bang, boom the Bruins jump all over it and Glen Metropolit wins the game.

If, although it would not happen, the Habs lose the series, this is the big turning point so far.

-Herb Brooks
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 04/14/2008 : 20:03:57
I think that one of the turning points will be game #4 Montreal vs. Boston-if Montreal wins that game they should win the series, but if they don't then that might mean trouble. I hope that Montreal realized that they can't just "dogg it" during the first round of the playoffs because if they do that they will certainly lose (if you watched last night's game (#3)).

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
Alex Posted - 04/14/2008 : 13:58:05
In the first playoff game I watched this year, Ottawa was putting great pressure on Pittsburgh in I believe the first. Don't remember how, probably a shot got fired, and it was rolling around the boards and back to the point.

Malkin hesitated for a second because they already up 1-0. He decided to expose himself defensively a little, and tried to poke the puck by the D. Turns out it worked, as the puck got chipped off the boards, Malkin side-stepped the guy, and was off to the races on a 2-0n-1 with Sykora.

Then, Malkin charges over the blue line, passes despite and extended Ottawa stick (in his situation I would have shot. Interesting to note, Montreal players have been passing a lot from in tight and if you look at the replay they could have scored a bunch of goals had they just shot) and the puck made it to Sykora who banged it over a sprawling Gerber for the 2-0, game changing, momentum shifting goal.

All of a sudden, the building erupts, Murray is pissed, Spezza starts to break down due to frustration and, in my mind, any hopes Ottawa may have had were lost as soon as they had a chance to surface with that first period second goal.

-Herb Brooks
leigh Posted - 04/14/2008 : 00:49:40
Don't know if you saw the Flames/Sharks game tonight (game 3) but the Sarich hit on Marleau was a major turning point for the Flames.

They were down 3 - 0 in the first 4 minutes of the game and the building was silent (saddledome). The Flames were running around like lost children for the entire first period. They were terrible...then came the hit...Marleau looked up ice and all was clear, then curled up the boards to leave his zone. Sarich timed it perfectly and put his shoulder through Marleau's nose. Maybe one of the prettiest hits I've ever seen. Hat's off to Marleau for getting up right away though (especially considering he got smoked by Phaneuf half a period earlier)

Anyway, the building became energized and the Flames scored shortly afterward. Then Calgary started picking up momentum from there and ended up winning 4 - 3 in regulation, with the winning goal coming with only a few minutes left in the game.

Huge turning point in the game...maybe the series.
Axey Posted - 04/13/2008 : 20:27:12
After tonights Habs-Bruins game, I'm kind of cautioning my Habs but I believe they can do it, although Boston was the team I didn't want to face in the playoffs at all, just because the streak had to end sometime, luckily we have 2 wins already. Tonight's game some may say has given the Bruins confidence and whatnot, but I think the loss makes the Habs a better team and shakes the "Cant lose" attitude out of them about Boston and brings them back to reality and time to start playing again. The powerplay had been down immensely but I think the streak ALSO must end soon and Kovalev has to start skating, and these missed chances will soon end as well.

But when it comes down to the topic, if the Flames win tonight the series is theirs and the turning point will be Sarich' HUGE hit on Marleau.

And just like that its now 3-2 ...

And now its 3 all ...

And the Flames have just taken the lead 4-3 ...

And now the Flames lead the series 2-1

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page