Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2007-08 NHL Records

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 04/13/2008 : 15:00:07
Which record set this season is the biggest to you?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4130 Posted - 04/17/2008 : 18:44:54
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Which record set this season is the biggest to you?

How about Edmonton number of shootout wins or the number of non-regulation time wins? If it weren't for these wins Brian Burke would have had a lottery pick.

Backstrom 4 points in a game, twice, by a rookie.

sackyistheBEST Posted - 04/16/2008 : 19:11:16
I love ovie he is my fav player but those three consecutive goals by cogliano in overtime that is just amazing!!!!!!!!!

GO OIL GO!!!!!!!!!!!
irvine Posted - 04/15/2008 : 16:45:59
I have to give some props to Chris Chelios. Perhaps not a record that takes skill, but it is a record that takes dedication and love for the game. He could be retired right now, drinking beers in the tropics or at home with his family every day. Yet this guy still laces up the skates and plays every night. Must truly love it.

Also, how about Ovechkin being the first Russian to ever win the scoring title in the NHL? Considering all of the past great Russian players, this is quite the accomplishment.
Axey Posted - 04/13/2008 : 19:31:57
I like the Sakic record ... clutch guy
Alex Posted - 04/13/2008 : 15:10:40
Ovechkin is the big story of the year, no doubt. He is closely linked to the biggest second-half comeback in history, too. However, realistically, Washington will bite the dust before hoisting hockey's holy grail, and the team record will fall into the limelight. Ovechkin's, though, will stand for a while, only to be broken by AO in the next decade or so. As the NHL gets harder and harder for forwards, even I will concede AO made this season a historic one.

Detroit's consecutive playoff apperances all lead back to one man: Ken Holland. And that streak is going to grow and grow and grow. They beat out the Habs for the record with their appearance this year, which is a sore spot for me. That record won't be broken either.

Ottawa's ''record'', if you can call it that, is one for the Hall of Shame if you will. Starting at a lofty 15-2 if my memory serves me right, they fell so low that they almost missed the post-season. They were the favourites for a while to win the cup, or at least breeze through the east. Let's see them score a goal against the Pens, than we can worry about even winning a game!

Washington's comeback won't matter, because they won't win the cup. Hate to be so hard but that's the nature of the beast. No one will remeber that record in the long run.

Playoff game appearances can be capped. Don't think so, but you never know. It will be hard, since Chelios is still active. But I am sure that one day, someone can do it if they actually set out to break that record and did not care about any other. Whereas goals you can't do if you try, this one could technically be beat. It is more likely to be broken than some of these other record's, that's for sure.

The wins can also be broken, though I doubt they will. Some of those records, maybe. No ways all of 'em. However, Marty is slowing down...

Career OT goals in the post-season is definitely a hard one. Not something you can set out to do by any means. That one is really huge, I've got to say.

And last, Cogliano's amazing, in fact, unbelievable feat. This one is so big for me, especially considering the guy is a rookie. I think that 3 consecutive OT game winners is the easiest to achieve yet it will never be beat. First, you need to get in to OT 3 games in a row, then you need to win all three games in 5 minutes, AND you need to be the one to score! This record, though not the greatest, takes it for me!

EDIT: Feature poll? I actually thought of this idea in the shower. It is so much more original than ''who will win the cup (yawn)'' and a lot more interesting. Also, much more to discuss and a lot more new material to be thrown out. Think about it guys!

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page