Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 The Great Debate WJC

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BradTheBadDad Posted - 04/14/2008 : 15:18:23
Thought of a pretty funny analogy. For all those who don't get in to the Great Debate run by LRP or for those who got kicked out, or for anyone in general, we can now have a ''WJC''. Kind of like the WJC for guys who don't get into the cup playoffs

Except that everyone, including the guys in the other debate, are invited. I think that game is really succesful but at the same time is a little slow.

So anyone who wants to ''bud the line'' if you will, come join us over here!

''Eat. Sleep. Hockey''
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OILINONTARIO Posted - 04/16/2008 : 20:21:40
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Whether or not I move on in the Great Debate I'd love to join this bad boy if you let me

Also, I think that learning a little bit from the other game, it would help if we chose topics that really are less one-sided going on.

PainTrain lost that way, and I might become another PT due to the fact that LF101 drew Ovie's side and not I.

It leaves me a little bit sore because I feel that I really had the much better debate in the given circumstances and honestly I could have said everything there is to say it would not matter because everyone out there simply likes Ovechkin more.

We have to make sure that this remains a debate contest and not a popularity contest.

But I am in and excited to go whether or not I move on.

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks

Alex, you are obviously a very bright young man. You have some lessons to learn, however, regarding your character. These are humility, discretion, and respect. There is no doubt in my mind that you will quickly acquire these traits, as you have already exhibited intelligence and confidence. Work on the others. Absolutely no offense intended. Good luck!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
PainTrain Posted - 04/16/2008 : 15:12:17
I'd like to join. Also, I have a idea to make the debates more even. We all throw out some ideas for debates and then we post the ones we are for it or against it. And then we take the person who was for it against someone who is against it. Unlike mine where I had to go against something I don't agree with.
Alex Posted - 04/16/2008 : 04:27:13
Whether or not I move on in the Great Debate I'd love to join this bad boy if you let me

Also, I think that learning a little bit from the other game, it would help if we chose topics that really are less one-sided going on.

PainTrain lost that way, and I might become another PT due to the fact that LF101 drew Ovie's side and not I.

It leaves me a little bit sore because I feel that I really had the much better debate in the given circumstances and honestly I could have said everything there is to say it would not matter because everyone out there simply likes Ovechkin more.

We have to make sure that this remains a debate contest and not a popularity contest.

But I am in and excited to go whether or not I move on.

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page