Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Capitals Flyers Game 7

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 04/21/2008 : 18:53:34
Who will win Game 7, Washington or Philadelphia?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6540 Posted - 04/22/2008 : 11:10:55
Washington will totally win! I have been rooting for them since before the playoffs when nobody believed they would make it! They are making a big bam this year!
Alex Posted - 04/22/2008 : 06:26:41
''Win like a team, lose like a team.'' Is it thrown around too much? Damn straight! Is it accurate, though? Again, damn straight!

Make no mistake about it, the Philadelphia Flyers have a roster that, on paper, puts the Washington Capitals to shame. Big splash-free agents were signed in the off-season, and, had they not gone on that terrible losing streak, Philly would have been way higher in the standings. But, the problem is: they do not play like a team. It is a bunch of talented individuals working for a common goal as opposed to playing like a team. It is interesting to note that in the pre-game (TSN showed a very brief five second clip of the Philly locker room) the guys were all into their own thing. One guy was listening to an MP3 player, another with his head in his hands trying to get mentally prepared -- no interaction among the guys, no discussion, no nothing!

And in Washington? At the top is the coach, but the attitude filters right down. Ovechkin has learned his lesson (read my Crosby vs. Ovechkin debate. Although I said from the beginning I never had a thing against Ovechkin or LF101, just argued fiercely in the spirit of debate) and rallied the troops, if you will. Lack of experience means nothing compared to lack of camradarie. The Caps have the camradarie, and they will win because of it. They are a young, dynamic bunch who can win so many ways past Ovechkin. That being said, Ovie will be the difference in the game, I predict.

In the end, I pick Washington to complete the upset at home in front of their sea of red, with the young, unified guys leading the charge, and vets like Federov making game winning plays out of the ''little things.'' Barring a deep introspection in the Flyers locker room, it is the Caps that will come out on top for a matchup of Sid vs. Ovie in round two! In the words of John Lennon: ''Imagine...!''

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks
n/a Posted - 04/22/2008 : 04:18:06
Both teams have their superstars going; both teams are pretty young, so fatigue shouldn't be a factor; both teams are playing well. But if I had to choose an edge (besides the hometown crowd), it would be toughness.

Historically - and this is without any other evidence other than my aging memory - grit is what wins you those game 7s. I think the Caps have a bit more. Also, if both Briere and OV "bring" it - edge goes to OV, of course, despite Briere's awesome playoffs so far.

This one could go to OT, folks . . . it's win-win for me, as I enjoy the great hockey being played in this series.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 04/21/2008 : 21:26:32
Alex your starting to piss me off with these "members only forums"...

For the question, I think and I'll be rooting for AO and the Caps to take it. The young guns have been performing great thus far and I don't expect that to stop.
Timay Posted - 04/21/2008 : 20:32:03
My vote is and always was for Ovechkin (and the rest of the Caps). It would be huge for them.. I would love to see him vs. Crosby in the playoffs. Can you imagine some of the sick goals in that series?!

Phaneuf pher Norris

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page