Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Boring Playoffs

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 04/28/2008 : 00:00:19
Just a thought here: aren't these the lamest playoffs you've seen in a while? With the exception of the Caps/Flyers, or crazy avery, the first round was a snooze...Maybe I just don't like the teams, but there's no good stories this post season, and if it's the stars/wings in the western finals, don't expect one there.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KeithQuinn Posted - 05/14/2008 : 15:57:26
boring they all are one sided ex)

pens ott 4-0
pens nyr 4-1
det col 4-0

and so on there are more only good or ok series are wash an phill an cal an sj
barrett.oliver Posted - 05/14/2008 : 12:28:48
I disagree with IHC, most likely because my team is Pittsburgh. I know it cuts series off short, but there is nothing better than seeing your team sweep a series.
As for the rest of the playoffs, I loved some of the first round match-ups. i.e. Montreal/Boston. Can't knock Boston for fighting tooth and nail all the way until the end. Oh god, and that San Jose/Calgary series, I even got to see Game 4 in Calgary. Even though the home team lost it, the whole 59 minutes and 40 seconds of it was a gas.
Round 2 I still disagree with IHC, watching the Stanley Cup Finals unveil itself before round three even starts anyone? Detroit will be my nemisis when it comes to the finals, but wow the skill set this teams has too! Combined with the grit of Holmstrom and Franzen?
Round 3 is just a confidence booster for both of these teams I would say, although some people would contest this. Pittsburgh is putting on a defence clinic, as Philly sits back and watches the puck get cleared play after play.
Bring on the Cup Finals!

Barrett Oliver
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 05/14/2008 : 11:45:06
..OK, Now they really,really suck!

It's hard enough to get into the NHL by late May-early June, and now it's impossible.

They have to get back to the old scheduel...Start in SEPTEMBER so the season's over by now.

Timay Posted - 05/01/2008 : 19:33:53
I watched a ton of games in the first round and only watched the series that seemed exciting to me. I really enjoyed the Wsh/Phi one and I thought S.J/Cgy was the best of them all. Also I kept my eye on the Pittsburgh and Montreal series. I thought it was a pretty good round but so far these second round games haven't drawn me into them as much. Maybe cause its all 3-0, 3-1 series... nothing seems close or dramatic. Hopefully we can see one game seven.. but I think we'd be lucky to see a game six. Oh ya, it does suck that OT's are getting decided by the PP and ending so quickly. I miss the seemingly endless overtimes. We need to have one soon! Maybe third round between Detroit/Dallas or Pittsburgh/Philadelphia. Or the Pittsburgh/Detroit final?

Phaneuf pher Norris
Guest6578 Posted - 05/01/2008 : 07:09:40
Wow, I think these have been some the best playoffs I have seen in years, lots of goals, comebacks, no seemingly endless overtimes..what more do you want??? Or maybe you are putting down the playoffs because the team of player you hate is having a great run.
Guest6196 Posted - 05/01/2008 : 06:57:06
A penalty is a penalty if it occurs in the first or in overtime.

Do you want hockey to become a show like the WWE.

Hockey is a sport complete with a rule book which needs to be followed. It's a shame players are breaking the rules in overtime (taking penalties) and costing there teams wins.

If you want the referees to judge the game and only call penalties when it suits the pace of the game, you are not asking to watch a sport, you are asking to watch a show. I like sports which have and follow the rule book. You state when fans leave then a penalty is called and called in from the guys in the front office. Also a serious offence to draw a penalty in OT. Is that in the rule book?

Mabye my rant is useless because you do like the show not the sport.

I think these playoffs are great.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 04/30/2008 : 23:37:18
And let me add one more little tid-bit to my reasoning....Pretty much every game has been decided on a power-play.......

Overtimes being decided on powerplays are taboo to me......It use to take a pretty serious offense to draw an OT penalty. Now it seems as soon as fans leave, the front office is calling down to tell them to call a penalty...And what the hell is with all this 10am games?

No, these are horrrible playoffs where the majority of goals are on (mostly random) powerplays.

andyhack Posted - 04/28/2008 : 19:51:03
The first round had some very exciting games. Calagary-San Jose (Game 3), Philly-Wash (Game 4) and Bos-Mont (Game 6) come to mind first for me.

But I have to agree that, outside of the Mont-Philly games, this round has been a bit so-so in terms of excitement (not as boring as a John McCain speech mind you, but missing a little something I would say).

Some of it depends on whether your team is around too (or whether you hate a team's success so much that you are willing to pay not to see it again). And my guess is that of those who are really high on this year's playoffs, quite a number are Hab fans. Understandable as this year their team really has a chance to at least get close to the Cup (I still think they're okay even after tonight - I thought the third period tonight was very exciting actually).

I think a big part of the perceived lack of excitement this round stems from disappointment with the Colorado-Detroit series so far. Aside from it being a real shame about Forsberg, Jose Theodore getting the flu really was too bad as he was SO terrific in the first round (Jose, by the way, being another former Hab who gets trashed by Hab fans these days despite the fact that he almost singlehandedly won that 2002 series against the Bruins - but I digress).

Anyway, overall, I'd give the playoffs so far about a 7.5 out of 10. Not amazing, but pretty good.

Edit - Game 7 Philly-Wash was exciting too of course
Guest0302 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 16:21:45
best playoffs in years...my benefit plan works! ;)
Beans15 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 14:43:47
Let's keep the personality out of this please gentlemen (and ladies.)

In regards to this years playoffs, I have to somewhat agree with IHC on this. I think the hype behind the games are better than the games themselves. I watched a ton of the first round, and I have to say that the only games I really enjoyed were the NY/NJ, DAL/ANA, WAS/PHI and COL/MIN.

The rest, in my opinion, were not all that great. In fact, many games I started watching and lost interest.

That's just me though.
Axey Posted - 04/28/2008 : 14:24:45
You're ridiculous ... the playoffs are unreal this year lol
Guest8391 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 12:01:51
You can't just disagree with the guy without being insulting and abusive?

And, "Obviously a Canuks Fan" ? Do you know how to read or maybe you just don't know anything about hockey? "Sugar Ray over Hasek any day" would imply a Sens fan not a Canuck fan.
Guest4493 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 11:41:53
obviously a Canuck fan but not a hockey fan. You have no knowledge about hockey...playoffs have been fantastic this year.
Guest9817 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 11:20:23
Boring? Buddy don't read the headlines. Watch the games.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 04/28/2008 : 11:14:35
you know, just beause a series goes the distance, doesn't make it great.....Ya, maybe I underrated the first round...but this second round has boring matchups.

Guest8361 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 06:23:22
Boring? I think not...
Guest6472 Posted - 04/28/2008 : 05:57:47
absolutely BORING! 3 game 7s...upsets all around..Dallas up 2-0..Avery being a clown..more fights than ever..

I suggest you using the eye portion of your benefit plan.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page