Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Alright no more Habs talk

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 05/05/2008 : 16:48:51
This topic made to counter mytor4's Leafs bash. Same thing, better grammar.

Talk about what went wrong with the Habs this year and does anybody thing they will repeat the success that they seemed to have had this year?

Guest2539 Posted - 05/13/2008 : 12:09:00

HABS SUCK SUCK
freddyboy Posted - 05/12/2008 : 17:25:59
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

I'll tell you why Alex Kovalev had a good year. It's the final year of his contract so he's going to start playing like a superstar he can be and then once another team thinks he can do it again and they sign him for let's say 3 years he will be lazy the first two years and then try hard in his contract year. I think all you Habs fan can notice that this year he tried harder then last year. If you look at all his stats you can basically see where his contract was up. So if they re-sign Kovalev for 2 years, don't expect much out of him.

just for your information Kovalev still have one year left to his contract...

so i don't think he played well to get a big contract

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/11/2008 : 14:21:30
The habs will struggle to match the season they had this year. I think Kovalev will drop off big time and Saku Koivu, while still a good player, isn't good enough to bring this team all the way. Unless they add a big time player (which is doubtful) or add some more canadian toughness and skill to a largley european roster they will crumble under the pressure that will face them next year. Montreal fans and their media will accept nothing less than a conference final appearance next year. Its going to be alot to live up to. Give them credit though, as a die hard leafs fan, its hard to watch a habs team that at least has hope going forward. I can only sit back and pray my leafs get on the right track....
PainTrain Posted - 05/10/2008 : 16:03:35
I'll tell you why Alex Kovalev had a good year. It's the final year of his contract so he's going to start playing like a superstar he can be and then once another team thinks he can do it again and they sign him for let's say 3 years he will be lazy the first two years and then try hard in his contract year. I think all you Habs fan can notice that this year he tried harder then last year. If you look at all his stats you can basically see where his contract was up. So if they re-sign Kovalev for 2 years, don't expect much out of him.
Pasty7 Posted - 05/10/2008 : 14:12:40
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

No I think the Habs next year might not win the East but I think they will be a better team ... and Gainey is doing things very well, he is picking up the lil things we need.. the right players instead of gambling on a superstar like sampsonov and setting them back a year .. the organization is moving forward not backwards ... next year the rookies will not be rookies and i see kyle chipchura being a huge part of our playoff run next year mark my words and i dont mean offensively

i don't, know this year we had a great year, but if one pieace of the puzzle were to fall out we would have dropped big time in the standings paticularly the play of alex kovalev who has proven to be inconsistance and could easily slump back into a lazy 40 point season. Or then you have Carey Price, what if he suffers the sophmore gynxs? Do you fall back on Jaroslave Halak? Not very reassuring, personaly the only constants on the habs are the play of ? Mike Komisarek Roman Hamirlik, thomas plekanec and Saku Koivu you know these guys will give you the same year as this year forsure barring injury but the rest are young and could easily prove unreliable still, and like i said it wouldn't take much to throw this team off.

Pasty
Axey Posted - 05/09/2008 : 16:46:38
No I think the Habs next year might not win the East but I think they will be a better team ... and Gainey is doing things very well, he is picking up the lil things we need.. the right players instead of gambling on a superstar like sampsonov and setting them back a year .. the organization is moving forward not backwards ... next year the rookies will not be rookies and i see kyle chipchura being a huge part of our playoff run next year mark my words and i dont mean offensively
Pasty7 Posted - 05/09/2008 : 16:14:48
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

I was really getting worried that the Habs were going to cake walk to the finals like they have done so many times before. Most notably in 1993 when they smoozed there way past a badly battered LA King team. Anyways, good riddance to them for sure. Calling them a Canadian team is a real stretch when half the population would be only too happy to ditch the rest of us. I can't say I like them in the least!!!!

mark my words habs will struggle to make the playoffs next year if they even manage is,,, gainey and carbo are going to drive this team into the ground, price will suffer from the sophmore gynx kovalev will struggle to score 60 points as usual there will be no big impact player aqquired during the off season i'm telling you yes this is a great young team but if price got tired and mentally unsound in a 12 game playoff imagin a 82 game season,, i dont want this to happen i am a habs fan but im also not blinded but this years success i for one still remember the kovalev from last year and the years before,, carbo could have easily got 20 goals out of ryder this year ,, carbo is a terrible coach has no buissness being up for the jack adams,, and yess feel free to jump all over me and tell me how dumb i am wait and see,,, i hope im wrong

Pasty
Antroman Posted - 05/08/2008 : 19:11:32
I was really getting worried that the Habs were going to cake walk to the finals like they have done so many times before. Most notably in 1993 when they smoozed there way past a badly battered LA King team. Anyways, good riddance to them for sure. Calling them a Canadian team is a real stretch when half the population would be only too happy to ditch the rest of us. I can't say I like them in the least!!!!
Axey Posted - 05/07/2008 : 12:01:07
Powerplay failed, and the big thing I found we didn't have that one guy willing to pay the price in front of the net, a player like Holmstrom would have really helped us. Kovalev started doing it in the last game but we need a checker to do it not an allstar.
n/a Posted - 05/07/2008 : 05:58:29
Yes, thank goodness! Habs are out, now I can watch the playoffs with none of that "but you have to cheer for a Canadian team" crap . . . good riddance!

As for the reason the Habs lost - well, I think a big, big coaching error was made in the series: replacing Price with Halak for game 4. I don't know if the Habs would have done better or even won if Price had stayed in; but it certainly compounded the mood of the team, deflated confidence in the goalie who they were supposed to be riding the whole way, and somehow put blame on the goaltender instead of where it should have been - the defence, power play, checking lines.

Gainey might have done many good coaching moves during the season to get them where they finished, and that's a fantastic accomplishment, considering where they were projected to finish; but pulling Price was a monumental gaffe, turning point of the series for me.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 05/07/2008 : 04:40:44
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

Really I didn't know that. Its amazing how that happens. I still think its weird that players like Zetterberg and bure were drafted in the 100's. Scouts these days geez.

Go Stars!!!

Brett Hull comes to mind. Pretty good player for a guy that was drafted in the 100's more specifically 117.

I keep laughing how my topic reads "No More Habs Talk" but yet I am asking for more Habs talk.

Beans15 Posted - 05/06/2008 : 15:42:26
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

what went wrong is their rookie goaltending...see i told you this would happen. but everyone thought i was crazy sayin price and halak arent ready.

Leafsfan_94

Can't disagree more. Price did a fine job all year, including the playoffs. Even in a losing effort the kid has a .901 save percent, 2.78 GAA and had 2 shutouts while facing 28 shots per game. The guy did his job.

You might want to point at the 14.6% PP after leading the league in the reg season.

Might also want to give some credit to Philly. They have now beaten 2 of the 3 top seeds in the East. Soon to be all 3.
PainTrain Posted - 05/06/2008 : 15:30:25
quote:

Really I didn't know that. Its amazing how that happens. I still think its weird that players like Zetterberg and bure were drafted in the 100's. Scouts these days geez.

Go Stars!!!

Yeah there's quite a bit of players that get drafted older and turn out to be good picks. Johan Franzen and Lubomir Visnovsky are ones that come of the top of my head.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 05/05/2008 : 21:10:31

Go Stars!!!
PainTrain Posted - 05/05/2008 : 21:06:16
quote:

They'll be good next year they have tons of young talent, get rid of ryder though and add another scorer. Also resign Streit what a season this guy had all for only 600 K !

Go Stars!!!

He was also drafted like 250th overall in his draft year and get this, it was his last year he could be drafted. Turned out to be a good pick for Montreal. It's good to have a player that can go from defence to forward.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 05/05/2008 : 20:46:33
They'll be good next year they have tons of young talent, get rid of ryder though and add another scorer. Also resign Streit what a season this guy had all for only 600 K !

Go Stars!!!
PainTrain Posted - 05/05/2008 : 18:25:01
Bob Gainey came out at the start of the year and said that the Habs are in a rebuilding. And in their rebuilding they get 1st in the East. They have young players all around and they will be fine.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 05/05/2008 : 16:50:41
what went wrong is their rookie goaltending...see i told you this would happen. but everyone thought i was crazy sayin price and halak arent ready.

Leafsfan_94

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page