Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Quenneville Gone!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 05/09/2008 : 17:05:08
A surprise for me. At one point I thought that he should be considered a coach of the year after making the playoffs even with tons of injuries to key players during the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=237247&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

Go Stars!!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SuperSakic Posted - 05/13/2008 : 09:45:36
I thought that the Leafs were going to hire every coach that gets fired and make a coach-by-committee so that they become the most powerfully coached team in the league?
shinnyafterschool Posted - 05/12/2008 : 20:04:53
Ah, but San Jose needs a new coach as well..
drama.

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
Guest6678 Posted - 05/12/2008 : 20:02:44
I think it will be Burns as coach.
shinnyafterschool Posted - 05/12/2008 : 19:55:05
Quenneville was a good coach, but the fact that he couldn't get the job done was by no means his fault. Don't forget that this team at one point had Smyth, Sakic, and Stastny out due to injury. Svatos went on a crazy run when they were out and Arnason picked it up too. In my mind I think Colorado had one of the best rosters in the league this year. Injuries bite.

TSN was picking Kevin Dineen as the new head coach.
I'd like to see Pat Burns in Denver.

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
Guest6562 Posted - 05/10/2008 : 22:44:13
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

That is a bit weird. The team was devastated with Injuries all year and still managed to make it to the 2nd round only to be defeated by the Presidents Trophy winners (who are an aboslutely DOMINANT NHL team!)

But the coaching industry is strange anyway. Half the time you can't figure these things out. My guess is that this might be an indication of serious change (including maybe the retirement of Sakic)

Quenneville getting fired is not already a significant change in your opinion???
OILINONTARIO Posted - 05/10/2008 : 13:59:03
And already the "Quenneville to Coach the Leafs'" rumours have started. Nonis as GM, too, shortly followed thereafter by Brian Burke, of course.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
leigh Posted - 05/09/2008 : 17:51:43
That is a bit weird. The team was devastated with Injuries all year and still managed to make it to the 2nd round only to be defeated by the Presidents Trophy winners (who are an aboslutely DOMINANT NHL team!)

But the coaching industry is strange anyway. Half the time you can't figure these things out. My guess is that this might be an indication of serious change (including maybe the retirement of Sakic)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page