Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Selanne retires from international hockey

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4680 Posted - 05/22/2008 : 19:12:52
In a surprise announcement following Finland's bronze medal victory at the world hockey championships, superstar Teemu Selanne announced he has played his last international game for Finland.

Selanne, 37, temporarily "retired" last year following the Stanley Cup victory by his Anaheim Ducks in the National Hockey League, but he returned to the NHL midway through the 2007-2008 season.

He said he will decide on his NHL future by July 1.

Selanne's career, both internationally and professionally, has been one of for the Hall of Fame. A rookie scoring record of 76 goals, the Calder Trophy as NHL rookie of the year with the defunct Winnipeg Jets and, of course, the Stanley Cup with Anaheim.

He played extensively for the national team, appearing in numerous world championships and winning the silver Olympic medal in the Turin Winter Games in a heartbreaking loss to Sweden.

"It was great to end my career with the national team with a win - although it was only a bronze medal. We came here to win gold."

Selanne said if anyone had told him at 17 what the next 20 years would bring in his hockey life, "I would have asked 'What have you been smoking?' "

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page