Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Chicago's odds improve to host outdoor NHL game

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4680 Posted - 05/22/2008 : 19:16:34
The Blackhawks may be moving closer to being named host for the NHL's outdoor Winter Classic next season.

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said last week that the proposed game at Yankee Stadium isn't as likely to happen because of a "variety of issues," according to Newsday.

"There are some winterization issues, because it is an older stadium," Bettman told reporters in a conference call. "... I don't know whether or not they can be resolved."

Chicago is considered one of the other finalists to be the host for the game, which was played for the first time on New Year's Day at Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The Canadiens and Oilers also played outdoors in November 2003 in the Heritage Classic in Edmonton.

Hawks President John McDonough said he remains interested in having the game in Chicago.

"We made a presentation a few months ago and now it's a decision for the NHL to make," McDonough said. "We've stated we were very interested and we think Chicago would be a great destination. I know it's not an easy decision for the NHL."

McDonough has pitched the idea of playing the game at Wrigley Field, but Soldier Field would seem a better fit. McDonough, who said it's possible a decision will be made in the first week of June, simply wants the game in Chicago and the location doesn't matter.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page