Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Luc Bourdon killed in Motorcycle accident

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Axey Posted - 05/29/2008 : 11:54:41
Vancouver Canucks defenceman Luc Bourdon has been killed in a motorcycle accident in northern New Brunswick. He was 21.

Bourdon, a promising young defenceman who played his junior hockey with the Moncton Wildcats, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles and Val d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL, split his first pro season in 2007-08 between Vancouver and the American Hockey League's Manitoba Moose.

He scored two goals and was a plus-7 in 27 games with the Canucks last season.

The Shippagan, New Brunswick native was drafted 10th overall by the Canucks in 2005 and was among the last pre-season cuts at training camp just a few months later. He was an integral part of Brent Sutter's gold medal-winning squad in the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championship and ended the season with Ted Nolan's Moncton Wildcats in the Memorial Cup.

After a nine-game stint with the Canucks the following season, he was returned to the QMJHL and helped lead Canada win its third straight gold medal at the world juniors.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 06/01/2008 : 13:51:40
Like Wow, they should have like at least one minute of "moment of silence". I aslo do remember Luc in the World Juniors a couple of years ago. He was then thenomenal and Again R.I.P Luc Bourdon

>>>Wings<<< for the cup!
Guest4043 Posted - 06/01/2008 : 00:11:48
That was a pretty wimpy "moment of silence" tonight in Pittsburgh. What was it, like 10 seconds? Pathetic! The NHL should be ashamed of themselves.
leigh Posted - 05/30/2008 : 15:06:31
I was lucky enough to watch Luc play in the 2006 World Juniors. I got to watch the Gold Medal game at GM Place. WOW!!! What a game! A very fond memory of mine! Luc was tremendous in that tournament...didn't he get the MVP?

Living in Vancouver I also got to see him play a few times. I'll never forget when the crowd started to cheer "LUUUUUUUUUUUUC!!!" (a carry-over from the World Juniors). I can only imagine what a feeling that must have been for him.

I was, and I still am a huge fan. All the best to his family.
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 05/30/2008 : 14:25:36
When I first heard this on the radio this morning I just couldn't believe it! This is a sad day, I've been to many of his games in Winnipeg (Manitoba Moose). He was a great defenceman and I always loved how he played. Luc you will be remembered by my family for your great talent for the game and always going as hard on the ice as you could.

R.I.P Luc Bourdon all the Moose fans love you.

Guest5372 Posted - 05/30/2008 : 07:02:26
Terrible to happen to such a young and potentially very good player.

However, I've heard a doctor a while back nicknaming motorcycles as "organ donor machine". He used this term in the grim term and not as a joke since any collision or accident involving motorcycles (and he has seen too many) results in death. Most of the operations that he is involved in is to take to usable and donated organs in these crashes to help those in need. If you are going to ride one of these things, be careful. Your very fast vehicle has absolutely no protection in a crash and you will lose should there be any collision.

Let's hope this tragedy will teach the youths so that future occurences are reduced. Remember kids:

Motorcycles = Organ Donor Machines
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 05/29/2008 : 17:48:58
This is terrible. What a promising young defenceman. My cousin and I were fortunate to see him play a short time ago. He looked very good.

R.I.P Luc.

Datsyuk 1 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 16:30:37
Omg R.I.P Luc Bourdon, he was on my favorite hockey team and he would of helped us lots. God Bless you Luc.
Guest9378 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 15:47:04
the only 2 players to play in a nhl game(s)from this town in new brunswick have both died in a vehicle accident. goalie yanik degrace who was a flyers prospect in the 90's and was killed more less after the fact his pro career was over, yanik died in his late 20's both at a very young age.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 15:45:15
R.I.P. Luc.
PainTrain Posted - 05/29/2008 : 15:14:28
Very sad accident. R.I.P Luc Bourdon, you were a great player and could have been a great D-man in the NHL.

When the going gets tough....the tough get going!
nashvillepreds Posted - 05/29/2008 : 14:49:48
Wow, I neer even heard about it. He was apromising young hockey player

RIP

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Guest9536 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 13:48:42
[img]http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20080529/bourdon-second_49788.jpg[/img]
admin Posted - 05/29/2008 : 13:41:24
Absolutely Tragic! From everyone at PickupHockey.com, our thoughts and best wishes go out to his family and friends, and the Vancouver Canucks organisation.

Full story: http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=7011108662
SuperSakic Posted - 05/29/2008 : 13:30:18
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

No problem. I'll change it right now.

Thanks bud!
leafsfan_101 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 13:20:22
No problem. I'll change it right now.
SuperSakic Posted - 05/29/2008 : 13:16:17
That just sucks. And at such a young age too...

On a different note. leafsfan_101 can you please change your avatar? I usually go on to this site at work. And I get a little nervous whenever I read your posts as someone walking by may report me and charge me with visiting inappropriate websites. Although, I do like looking at it
But again, it does make it tough, as there are individuals here at my work that would love to make life difficult for others.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 13:02:35
WOW

RIP. All I can say. It's kinda surreal to think this would happen. RIP.
Guest6452 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 13:00:50
no way he was quite good at hockey
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 05/29/2008 : 12:46:38
that sucks

R.I.P

Leafsfan_94

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page