Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Henrik Zetterberg the next Sergei Federov?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 06/10/2008 : 16:49:23
Is it just me or does anyone else see the uncanny similarities in these two,, obviously i'm talking about Federov in his prime,, but they play the exact same game the same offensive flaire with the same defensive responsability,, this same strong skateing and inteligence with the puck if there is any great you can compare Zet to it has to be Federov, i wonder if he will keep it up and be as great as federov is/was i hope so i love watching this kid play

Pasty
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 07/03/2008 : 09:31:06
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy12

What do you mean the next federov?
He pretty much is better than Ferderov and he proved it this season

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]

are you kidding?? he hasn't even cracked the 100 pt plateau Federov was one of the most complete players the nhl ever had,,, Zet has done nothing close to what Federov has done

Pasty
Jeremy12 Posted - 06/25/2008 : 19:58:25
What do you mean the next federov?
He pretty much is better than Ferderov and he proved it this season

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Guest6563 Posted - 06/21/2008 : 14:41:18
I think not...in my opinion, Fedorov is a quicker and smoother skater, and Zetterberg is a heart and soul team player, Fedorov had a reputation for being a sulker.
Pasty7 Posted - 06/13/2008 : 06:56:47
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

I think it's very unresonable to compare Datsyuk or Zetterberg to Forsberg and Federov. D and Z have alot of hockey to play before they even start to reach F and F status, ALOT.

agreed and they're both two old almost to even com close to catching at least Federov statisticly but right now in the nhl if you were picking one player that resembles Sergei Federov's style of hockey it would have to be Zetterberg,,, or is it just the jersey?

Pasty
MSC Posted - 06/13/2008 : 03:34:51
I think it's very unresonable to compare Datsyuk or Zetterberg to Forsberg and Federov. D and Z have alot of hockey to play before they even start to reach F and F status, ALOT.
PainTrain Posted - 06/11/2008 : 15:28:00
Did you guys see Pavel Datsyuk hit Ryan Malone? I can't find a link. But he really hit Ryan Malone and remember Ryan Malone is 6 foot 5 or something.

Datsyuk finishes most of his checks. That means he has a physical game. He is a complete player in my mind and I would compare him to Peter Forsberg. Forsberg might hit a little bit more but we'll have to wait and see, because for all we know Datsyuk could start hitting a lot too.

EDIT: Just watched that Video of Datsyuk playing keep away. Those are some sick hands, he does the toe drag to perfection. Just amazing!
When the going gets tough....the tough get going!
Guest7005 Posted - 06/11/2008 : 08:24:07
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

Is it just me or does anyone else see the uncanny similarities in these two,, obviously i'm talking about Federov in his prime,, but they play the exact same game the same offensive flaire with the same defensive responsability,, this same strong skateing and inteligence with the puck if there is any great you can compare Zet to it has to be Federov, i wonder if he will keep it up and be as great as federov is/was i hope so i love watching this kid play

Pasty

I don't see Z as smooth a skater as Federov. I think I'll have to go back a little further and say Guy Carboneau in his selke year is more similar. Most of you will say Carbo? YUP.

As for Datsyuk, I see Denis Savard similarities. I think Willus brought that up sometime earlier.
Guest1603 Posted - 06/11/2008 : 02:40:30
Canīt really complain when you mention two of my absolute favourite hockey players in Forsberg and Datsyuk. However I donīt think they have similar playing styles. Forsberg played very physical, he was an intimidating unstoppable force of nature. Datsyuk rely more on pure skill in a sneaky way. They have one thing in common though, they are pracically impossible to take the puck from and got great passing skills. Another difference will probably be career length.

Zetterberg will just get better and better the next couple of years.

This video of a reporter playing keep away with Datsyuk got me literally LOL. Besides the stick work look at the difference in skating, Datsyuk didnīt even break a sweat but beeing humble as usual, gotta love the guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3E0ve6rl0
Pasty7 Posted - 06/10/2008 : 18:04:17
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Yeah Zetterberg being compared to Federov is a good comparison. But you know who I believe should get a little more credit. Pavel Datsyuk. I mean that guy is just amazing on both ends of the rink. He can steal the puck better then anyone and he has a physical game. I would compare him to Peter Forsberg. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are just amazing and I believe both of them should be talked about the same. What gives Zetterberg the edge is he plays center and takes key face offs. But who was watching game 5? Datsuk was playing center and he was VERY good at face offs. But when he's with Zetterberg he plays the wing. I heard this one guy on the radio say that Pavel Datsyuk should win the Hart Trophy. I don't think that's true but I think he should be given a lot more credit.

agreed 100%,, i was actually thinking of makeing a pole on who would you prefer for your team mostly because i don't know if i could choose either way,,

Pasty
PainTrain Posted - 06/10/2008 : 16:55:12
Yeah Zetterberg being compared to Federov is a good comparison. But you know who I believe should get a little more credit. Pavel Datsyuk. I mean that guy is just amazing on both ends of the rink. He can steal the puck better then anyone and he has a physical game. I would compare him to Peter Forsberg. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are just amazing and I believe both of them should be talked about the same. What gives Zetterberg the edge is he plays center and takes key face offs. But who was watching game 5? Datsuk was playing center and he was VERY good at face offs. But when he's with Zetterberg he plays the wing. I heard this one guy on the radio say that Pavel Datsyuk should win the Hart Trophy. I don't think that's true but I think he should be given a lot more credit.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page