Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 The Great Debate (2)

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BradTheBadDad Posted - 06/22/2008 : 17:40:29
Hey guys! Do you remember that great game we had going a couple months ago? It alone convinced me to join as a member and now sadly it has come to a screeching halt.

Check it out:

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3766&SearchTerms=The+Great+Debate

Basically we get 8 members to compete in a debate contest. Each contestant has three posts (alternating between himself and his opponent) to debate a topic thrown out at the beginning of each round. Members of the game vote at the end to see who moves on. We keep doing this until we have our winner!

Here's a look at one of the old debates to get an idea:

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3815&SearchTerms=The+Great+Debate

So how about it - do I have any takers??
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 07/23/2008 : 19:03:33
Takin' my brilliant idea eh?

I'd be interested but I wont be around much next week so my debating will have to occur the following week. Hopefully thats not to much to ask.

BradTheBadDad Posted - 07/23/2008 : 18:10:12
Last call! If no new members join I'll be forced to have a round-robin with Pickles, Alex and Fat Elvis.

The winners of the most debates will square off in the finals.

''Eat. Sleep. Hockey''
BradTheBadDad Posted - 07/06/2008 : 08:20:30
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Count me in if you're still going ahead with it....thanks

Great, 3 members! We're looking for one more guys... who's it going to be??

''Eat. Sleep. Hockey''
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 06/25/2008 : 11:16:12
Count me in if you're still going ahead with it....thanks
BradTheBadDad Posted - 06/24/2008 : 15:37:46
Apparently it's a slow season... So far we only have two members, Alex and 99pickles, and one ombudsman (ahem )

Unless things pick up at PickUpHockey, I'll start this debate contest with four people and we can have a round robin, or if no one else joins we could just have a best-of-three debate contest between 99pickles and Alex.

Guys, don't let it get to that!

''Eat. Sleep. Hockey''
99pickles Posted - 06/24/2008 : 14:42:21
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Ah the memories! That game really was the turning point in my career on this website.

I'd love to join, count me in! I hope guys like fat_elvis_rocked and 99pickles join, their genious is way up there but unfortunately they don't post so often. Slozo, andyhack and SuperSakic are also names that jump to mind, it would be nice to have you boys back for this one!

On a seperate note, I'm starting another debate tomorrow in my blog (trying to reproduce the effects of the 'Most Dominant Athlete' debate, but I can say off the bat that the opinion pool probably won't be as deep for this one) and I'd like to get through that before starting something here; but I'm in and I'm ready!

-The New Kid on the Block

Post-Script: I'm trying hard to get Steve Dangle (check him out on YouTube) to join our site. Hopefully he can be a member in this. Time will tell...

Excellent job using compliments to bait us, LOL!!

I'm in, no matter what happens.
Alex Posted - 06/22/2008 : 18:09:44
Ah the memories! That game really was the turning point in my career on this website.

I'd love to join, count me in! I hope guys like fat_elvis_rocked and 99pickles join, their genious is way up there but unfortunately they don't post so often. Slozo, andyhack and SuperSakic are also names that jump to mind, it would be nice to have you boys back for this one!

On a seperate note, I'm starting another debate tomorrow in my blog (trying to reproduce the effects of the 'Most Dominant Athlete' debate, but I can say off the bat that the opinion pool probably won't be as deep for this one) and I'd like to get through that before starting something here; but I'm in and I'm ready!

-The New Kid on the Block

Post-Script: I'm trying hard to get Steve Dangle (check him out on YouTube) to join our site. Hopefully he can be a member in this. Time will tell...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page