Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Sharks, Oilers, Canucks - Race to the Playoffs

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 03/31/2006 : 09:25:29
Well, Gretzky's boys did the Canucks another favor and beat the Sharks at home last night. Vancouver needs the win tonight to stay ahead of the pack. Only two of these three teams will make the playoffs as we all know LA is done.
32   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 04/14/2006 : 22:00:25
That's it. I'm calling it. This post is officially dead. Time of death 10pm PST April 14th 2006.

On to the Playoffs....for some of us fans anyway...
bablaboushka Posted - 04/14/2006 : 09:03:49
Just for the sake of rubbing it in...

Told you so! :)
blade Posted - 04/14/2006 : 00:34:42
na na, na na na na, aaay good bye!

too bad canucks fans. Can you say "rebuild"?
blade Posted - 04/13/2006 : 11:47:33
big night tonight! With an Oil win and a Van loss it's all over but the cryin' for the Nucks. As much as I hate to say it as a Flames fan, I think the Oil will clinch tonight.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/13/2006 : 08:54:13
Teehee......................hee

;)

But I mean seriously, the game plan is SOOOO simple, watch JOE THORNTON. It's no fluke he had 4A last night because he does similarly EVERY NIGHT. The GWG in OT was hilarious...Thornton just trotting across the blue line like a teenage girl skips in a park; no one was putting pressure on him. He skates almost all the way into the zone with 3 guys watching him but still no one putting pressure on him. He puts it right on Ehrhoff's tape and game over.

Vancouver doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, and a Sharks win with an Oiler win will make sure that won't happen.
slapshot Posted - 04/12/2006 : 09:38:23
I am starting to wonder if the Oilers and Canucks really want to make the playoffs. Its like they are fighting over who gets an early start on golfing season.
elliot Posted - 04/11/2006 : 22:05:53
Edmonton lost to Detroit tonite! Still some a glimmer of hope for the hapless Canucks...however for them to make it into the post-season, Edmonton will have to lose at least one of their last 2 games for any real shot. Wait & see...
Goose Posted - 04/11/2006 : 19:45:27
Looks like the Oil did those pesky Canucks a favour tonight. Still in the hunt, unlike my doomed Leafs.
Ripley Posted - 04/11/2006 : 15:48:10
Hey Big Matt.

So far your prediction is holding up with only 3 games to go.

Western Conference (a la big matt)
1 DETROIT
2 DALLAS
3 CALGARY
4 NASHVILLE
5 ANAHEIM
6 SAN JOSE
7 COLORADO
8 EDMONTON
bablaboushka Posted - 04/11/2006 : 12:52:32
One win against the Canucks and the Sharks clinch a berth...

Need I say more?
blade Posted - 04/11/2006 : 11:42:05
oh, those poor canucks.
Ryan Harper Posted - 04/11/2006 : 10:12:27
All I have to say is being a Canucks fan is a very difficult thing. Thank goodness for playoff hockey pools - the only reason why I will be able to stay interested this year.
blade Posted - 04/10/2006 : 11:50:41
Glad the Flames are waaaaaaaay up at the top. It would be nice to see the Sharks crap the bed and lose the next 4 so the Oil and Nucks could slide in. But I don't think that is going to happen the way Thornton, Cheechoo and Marleau are playing. They're breaking club and league records like crazy right now!!!
goon Posted - 04/10/2006 : 09:52:54
The Oilers loss last night againt the Blues hurts their chances.. Now the Canucks have a game in hand and are two points behind the Oil. They have a better record (More Wins) so that would break the tie. This one is going to go down to the wire. I hope the Oil and Canucks both make it but its not looking so good.
leigh Posted - 04/09/2006 : 00:56:09
You guys know I'm the die hard Flames fan but I found myself cheering for the nucks tonight against my team. I live in Van and since the Flames have all but locked up the div and secured the playoff spot I was hoping the Canucks would win...but only in OT. And lo and behold it happened. 2 points for the Canucks and a single for the Flames. I would love to see this city go playoff crazy again.

Jovo proved his worth tonight. I've never cared much for him but maybe he is the magic ingredient????

But let's not kid our selves...All Canadian final...Flames/Senators
bablaboushka Posted - 04/08/2006 : 08:58:44
Denial...

The only real way the Canucks would still have a chance would be to sweep their home-and-home with the Sharks at the end of the year. Other than that, it's over.
nazzy_19 Posted - 04/07/2006 : 19:25:40
I think we need some canuck fan support on this thread. Yeah Bertuzzi's a bum, but the rest of the team is pumped and ready to go. I don't know how many times in the past the canucks have been close to not making the playoffs, and if they manage to squeek in - or ROAR in for that matter - i can see them being a tough team to face in any round. With Jovocop looking like he's reeturning and Salo not far behind, make space for us bitches. Flames and Oilers ain't got nothing on the West Coast Express... oh yeah, and Go Wild!!!
Ryan Harper Posted - 04/07/2006 : 10:23:13
Don't give up on the boys yet. Canucks win 4 of 5 and they should make it. If only the Sharks would stop winning.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/06/2006 : 11:43:07
Me likes
Ripley Posted - 04/06/2006 : 10:49:24
double true!
bigMatt Posted - 04/06/2006 : 09:57:49
The new battle is between Vancouver and Edmonton for 8th place. SJS is starting to make it's final sprint and it's pouring on the pressure with a big 2-1 win over Colorado last night. I think SJS will finish in 6th or 7th leaving the door open for Edmonton to squeeze into 8th. Sorry Nucks and Kings fans. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Western Conference

1 DETROIT
2 DALLAS
3 CALGARY
4 NASHVILLE
5 ANAHEIM
6 SAN JOSE
7 COLORADO
8 EDMONTON
bablaboushka Posted - 04/05/2006 : 15:44:31
HA oh wouldn't it be great for the Sharks if tonight they win in OT and tomorrow they win in OT! That could screw the Canucks and Oilers quite a bit!

:)
Ryan Harper Posted - 04/05/2006 : 09:43:56
C'mon now bablaboushka, you must have some room for a third favorite team don't you? Ha Ha.

Anyways yah I agree that the 3 point games are real killers. I just hope the SJ/LA game is decided in regulation.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/05/2006 : 07:29:11
HA, well don't count on me joining anytime soon.
blade Posted - 04/04/2006 : 23:35:31
There is always room for both of you guys on the Calgary bandwagon
Ryan Harper Posted - 04/04/2006 : 10:45:09
Brutal effort last night by the Canucks. Good timing too with the Sharks and Oilers both winning. Sorry Babs I don't do the bandwagon thing. Don't worry, it ain't over yet.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/04/2006 : 05:48:00
One game down, three in hand...

There's still room on the SJS bus for ya!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/02/2006 : 12:42:20
I just can't believe they came back to tie it up in the third, only to lose in OT. If there is a silver lining though, at least they haven't fallen behind pace to the Canucks and they did gain a point on Edmonton, so it's certainly not close to over yet. It will likely come down to their home and home with Vancouver in the last few games of the regular season.

Looks like Vancouver doesn't want to make the playoffs... ;)
Ripley Posted - 04/02/2006 : 12:26:28
Looks like I might be cheering for Anaheim this year.
Ripley Posted - 04/02/2006 : 12:25:39
Yup, the Sharks just can't seem to get it together. Just when you think there is a chance they drop an easy one. Last night, against the Coyotes, in the first 2 periods they didn't even get any shots!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/01/2006 : 09:53:15
DAH!

Man I hate those stupid 3 point games!!!!!!!!!!

GRRR!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/31/2006 : 10:16:43
The Sharks really have to stop losing to the bottom teams like this, and for some reason they've had so much trouble against Phoenix this year. Not to mention Cheechoo took a shot off the ankle, which doesn't do San Jose too much good in their hunt to track down the 6th-7th-8th spots.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page