Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Eastern Goalies Lack Playoff Experience

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Donald Beckett Posted - 03/31/2006 : 09:40:18
I saw an interesting stat on Sportsnet last night. Of all the number one goaltenders in the Eastern Conference, only Martin Brodeur has played in more than two playoff games. He has 144 under his belt, John Grahame has 2, and every other goaltender has 0 playoff experience. It is an amazing stat considering how much importance is placed on having an experienced number 1 goaltender for the playoffs.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 04/05/2006 : 11:43:32
I think your guy was just trying to stir up controversy. I'm pretty sure he'll hit 500 and then some. He's played only 9 years and has 282 goals so far. He's averaged 69 points a season since 98. And since that time has averaged 35 goals a season. Keep in mind, other than 2004 this team hasn't made the playoffs since 1996. Can you imagine if he had some teammates? From 2000 to 2004 when he played with Craig Conroy he averaged 40 goals a season and 307 points total. That's in just 4 years!

Now I know that's not Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux pace but it's definitely Joe Sakic pace. And if you tell me that the 33 goals per year average is not putting Joe Sakic in the NHL Hall of Fame I'd tell you you're crazy!

What's that? Don't like my Sakic comparison? Well then how about Turgeon? His numbers are a lot lower...he averaged 24 goals and 63 points a season. He'll be a Hall of Famer.

Or maybe the best comparison yet...Shanahan. Similar players, tough, gritty, offensive minded...31 goals and 64 points a season. He'll be a Hall of Famer. Sure he's won a few cups but that just supports my point, Iginla has done it so far with no one (except maybe Conroy for a few seasons)

Now add in his leadership, fighting ability, 2-way game, hitting and even his media-friendly personality and you have a bonified Hall of Famer.

Anyway, I could go on but I really should do some work.
Ryan Harper Posted - 04/05/2006 : 09:51:55
Speaking of Iginla...
Yesterday on the drive home one of ESPN's hockey analysts was on the radio and he had a list predicting the top 10 players under 30 who would be future Hall of Famers. Guys like Staal, Nash, Crosby, Ovechkin, were on there, but no Iginla? His explanation was that although he is a great leader and a good two way player, he will not hit the 500 goal mark and as a forward his primary job is to score goals.

What are your thoughts Flames fans?
leigh Posted - 04/03/2006 : 21:26:26
That's a pretty interesting point goon. I never thought of that. It could explain why guys like Iginla and Naslund only have 30ish goals.
goon Posted - 04/03/2006 : 09:24:20
So I guess New Jersey should win the East? The West looks a lot stronger with Turco, Theodore (if healthy), Kipper, Gigeure etc. Maybe this is why all of the top point scorers are in the East - weaker goalies. ????
Ripley Posted - 04/02/2006 : 12:28:21
That is crazy! I guess that is good for us out west!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page