Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Hardest hit of the year!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bablaboushka Posted - 04/04/2006 : 20:55:44
I thought I'd seen the hit of the year already, but this one blows it away...

I have no link, but go on nhl.com and watch the highlights from the Rangers-Flyers game last night, I think it's right at the beginning. The hit on Straka from Gauthier is UNBELIEVABLE. Now you guys might have different standards for hard hits, but this one just blows me away. Watch the slow replay of the hit right after, you can see that not even a fraction of a second after Gauthier makes contact, Straka is parallel to the ice, about 2 feet above it though!

I think this is such a sweet hit, shows how strong Denis Gauthier is and how easily Straka can be tossed.

This is a taste of Western Conference hockey in the East.

It's playoff time baby, game on.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
goon Posted - 04/06/2006 : 11:07:24
I thought it was a relatively clean hit. I have seen at least 50 hits this season that were much worse. There was no elbow and only a little hop. I agree that Straka should keep his head up.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/05/2006 : 15:52:34
Ok upon further review he did leave his feet about .5 cm.

Shoulder to the head, well of course....Straka is a shrimp compared to Gauthier, was he supposed to bend down to hit him? It was a clean shoulder (with .5 cm of jump), no elbow at all...that's the real problem for concussions.

Who cares how close to the boards he was? It's only really dangerous if it's from behind which clearly it wasn't, Straka just had his head down. Plus, he was fine shortly after and ended up scoring. That's what's best about hits is guys all dish them out and take them equally, so when it's their turn to get hit, they take it and shrug it off so they can keep playing.
leigh Posted - 04/05/2006 : 11:07:45
I figured after all the complaining you did about the kneeing incident a couple weeks ago you'd be HORRIFIED by a hit of this nature babs. I'm impressed! You don't have a weak stomach after all. :-)

Pucker. I think you are on glue. Gautier is an incredible player with a great future. Like Gautier, you'd be hard pressed to find any player who has been in the league for a few years that doesn't have a couple black marks on their record. You're just sorry because when he played for the Flames he beat down your Canucks all the time.
Ryan Harper Posted - 04/05/2006 : 09:53:26
I am kind of in the middle on this one. Not as dirty as you though pucker but definitley not as great as bablaboushka made it seem. I agree Gauthier is dirty, but you have got to keep your head up.
pucker Posted - 04/05/2006 : 09:23:35
C'mon now babs. Based on your previous posts I thought you maybe knew a little bit about hockey. You are so way off on this one buddy it really makes me wonder.

First of all, Gautier left his feet - Jumping into a hit does not make it good, it makes it a charging penalty. Second, he pulled the old typical cheap ass shoulder to the head - the NHL has a major concussion problem and allowing these hits only makes it worse. Third, Straka was dangerously close to the boards and Gauthier took advantage of the situation.

I will be honest, after reading your post I was looking forward to a clean open ice hit. I should have known better as Gauthier is one of the dirtiest players in the game.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page