Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Silly Flames Fans

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
slapshot Posted - 05/03/2006 : 10:36:48
The last Flames win at the Saddledome gave them a 3-2 series lead combined with 18,000 drunken cowboys fighting in the streets. The 'Red Mile' or 17th Ave SW as it is known during non hockey hours was jam packed with 18,000 drunk and disorderly Calgarians after the win. Over 30 tickets were issued and 5 charges laid for mischief and assault on police officers.

It is too bad the Flames franchise will take the blame for this as we all know that it is not the hockey fans who cause the problems. Win or lose tonight the 'Red Mile' should make for a good story in tommorow's paper.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 05/05/2006 : 12:40:36
I suppose if you grew up in Alberta that would matter but I grew up in a region without any pro hockey at all so it's not a big deal. I'll lay it on the line. I only have one "favourite team". And although I know it will get me nothing but grief from you I will cheer for all the Canadian teams. In order...

- Flames (since 87 when they drafted Hull - who by the way screwed me in my pool this year)
- Canucks (only be cause I live here. But I will state this is a fragile relationship, if I move I'll kick them to the curb)
- Oilers (grew up a fan of the great one and the Oil dynasty in the mid-80's plus who doesn't admire Ryan Smyth, he's the s***!)
- Ottawa (I was tired of the other teams in the east at the time they entered the league and I always liked their jerseys)
- Toronto or Montreal (don't care which)
- After that I'll cheer for a couple of the US teams.

I've never understood how people can HATE another team (I came close to hating the Ducks a couple days ago though). I like the game too much and therefore I have to cheer for at least one of the teams in a game. My boys are golfing cause they didnt want to pick up any secondary scoring. The Canucks didn't make it. So by default that leaves the Oilers.

Go Oil!
slapshot Posted - 05/05/2006 : 09:53:32
Hey Leigh, aren't you secretly a Canucks fan as well? The way I see it, you have to pick a team and go with them. If you love the Flames you therefore must hate the Canucks and Oilers.A friend of mine grew up in Alberta and tells me stories about getting in schoolyard fights with Oiler fans - that is what its all about.
blade Posted - 05/04/2006 : 15:35:10
How can you go from the Flames to the Oilers? You must not be a true Flames fan! So therefore, you suck!
leigh Posted - 05/04/2006 : 12:42:27
Is there still room on the Oiler bandwagon? I hung up the Flames hard hat last night. Pretty disappointing!
blade Posted - 05/04/2006 : 12:39:36
Oilers blow!
goon Posted - 05/04/2006 : 10:17:34
Flames Suck - Go Oilers!
pucker Posted - 05/04/2006 : 10:03:15
No celebrating going on last night for the Flames fans. At least when we lose in Vancouver we get a litttle angry and start breaking stuff - looks like the Calgarians were too upset to smash in a Starbucks.
blade Posted - 05/03/2006 : 16:48:14
I'll be celebrating on the red mile tonight baby!
leigh Posted - 05/03/2006 : 10:41:02
LOL!!!!! apparently their "cracking" down this year. A few less naked women adding fuel to the fire should keep the cowboys a little more in control.

Big Flames victory tonight!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page