Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Cherepanov Collapses, Dies.

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest8815 Posted - 10/13/2008 : 12:58:52
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252547&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Terrible to hear something like this. He had a bright future, and was only 19. Condolences to his family and teammates.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nashvillepreds Posted - 10/15/2008 : 08:46:15
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

During these times it is important and only fair to ensure people post both sides of the coin. It is easy for the media rashly report on reasons. The situation of an irregular heart beat is only one I heard. There are also reports that during an autopsy it was found that his heart was enlarged.

You also have to remember that this guy was at a NHL camp. He was put through the same tests as any other NHL player and the Rangers have also reported that no heart condition was indicated in any way. You would have to think that Omsk did similar tests.

Let's make sure we are talking about both sides of the coin and all the news reports.

I forget what the condition is called, but it can be controlled. Enough blood doesn't get to his organs from his heart. When working very actively, it puts even more stress on the heart causing faiting spells or even heart collapses in very serious cases, such as this one. My cousin has the same thing.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
Beans15 Posted - 10/15/2008 : 06:54:22
During these times it is important and only fair to ensure people post both sides of the coin. It is easy for the media rashly report on reasons. The situation of an irregular heart beat is only one I heard. There are also reports that during an autopsy it was found that his heart was enlarged.

You also have to remember that this guy was at a NHL camp. He was put through the same tests as any other NHL player and the Rangers have also reported that no heart condition was indicated in any way. You would have to think that Omsk did similar tests.

Let's make sure we are talking about both sides of the coin and all the news reports.
LuonGod Posted - 10/14/2008 : 22:59:32
Condolences to the family. The way I see it is we all have our time to go, his time came while doing what he loved. RIP Cherepanov
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 10/14/2008 : 19:10:36
this is sad, so many deaths in hockey today, luc bourdon cherapenov,that one spitfires guy in the OHL, therer might be more but im not going to name them all

Leafsfan_94

PainTrain Posted - 10/14/2008 : 18:31:46
I wasn't trying to really make a joke. More so of a way to say that they should investigate what the reason for his death was. If he did have an irregular heart beat that could have been a very treatable surgery. Teppo Numminem had the same problem, after a surgery, he is good today. He must have had some sort of heart condition.

Beans brings up a good point. They did not have the greatest medical staff to save his life. In North America a ambulance is mandatory to be in the arena in case of an emergency such as this one. It's a very sad thing to happen, it will obviously wake up the Russian league to get more emergency care ready. I wish all the best to his family and the New York Rangers.

When the going gets tough....the tough get going!
nashvillepreds Posted - 10/14/2008 : 12:22:32
I heard on the radio about an hour ago that he had an undetected heart condition as well as an irregular heart beat. I'm sure if anybody knew of his hearbeat problem, but definitely not about the heart condition. It's terrible like things like this can happen. Condolences to his family and friends. the entire hockey world is saddened by his death.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
brentrock2 Posted - 10/14/2008 : 10:51:53
It was terrible for his team and teamates.
Beans15 Posted - 10/14/2008 : 09:14:25
If we are going to discuss the "what could have happened's" we also need to talk about other young players who have collapsed and had heart attacks. If you do a little research, it is far more common that people think. The first one I really remember was Reggie Lewis of the Boston Celtics. I think he was in his early 20's and collapsed on a basketball court with a heart attack. There was another football player who was 20 or 21 in the past few years that also collapse.

There was actually a study done that said that young athletes are more likely to have heart attacks than non-athletes by 3 to 1. That is astronomical. With out reading too much into it, I am pretty sure it has to do with not having the proper testing on athletes to find heart conditions as well as the fact that the heart is a muscle like an other. Not unlike a young person starting to lift weights at a young age, there is a danger in building and strengthening a growing muscle.

At the end of the day, the reason the kid dies is a sad thing. However, it will be interesting to see if the Russian Hockey Federation learns from this.

I think the more important question around this unfortunate event is why there was no medical personnel at the arena. I am not sure how factual it is, however in the story I read, there was no ambulance or medical staff at the arena. They were actually trying to perform CPR in the parking lot waiting for the ambulance.

That is the true tragedy behind this.
n/a Posted - 10/14/2008 : 05:25:03
Canucks Man - don't be over-sensetive, Paintrain gave his condolences and all that before making his other comment, which in my opinion is exactly what we SHOULD be talking about.

Of course it's fishy that a 19 year old's heart stopped . . . he's an athlete in incredible cardiovascular shape, and his heart stops!?! It points directly to the powerful stimulants regularly supplied to many players, and for many of the european teams, it's supplied by the team physician. It may not be cocaine, but supposedly the effect is just as great in terms of extra energy and alertness/quickness.

Of course, the media ignores this, and will continue to . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Canucks Man Posted - 10/13/2008 : 23:40:32
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

We need Dr.House on this!

What a terrible thing to say, a kid dies and you make a joke about it.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PainTrain Posted - 10/13/2008 : 20:57:25
Sad day for the hockey world. Could have been a great player. But don't you think it's a little odd for a 19 year old's heart to stop? I'm interested what the autopsy says. Just a little strange for a 19 year old kid to have a heart attack. We need Dr.House on this!

When the going gets tough....the tough get going!
Axey Posted - 10/13/2008 : 19:35:06
Jesus, that kid was going to shine one day too. Sad day for hockey, my condolences to his family and friends

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Guest4132 Posted - 10/13/2008 : 13:09:58
Terrible news :(

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page