Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Which NHL Division is the strongest?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wynn Posted - 10/16/2008 : 14:27:42
Which Division is complete with the best group of teams and players.

Wynn
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 10/19/2008 : 10:19:12
I agree with anyone who says the NW is the most competative. Top to bottom, there will not be a very big gap between the 1st and 5th place team.

However, quality wise, I still say the Atlantic Division has better hockey teams. The reason I say that is that if you put any team in the Atlantic Division against any team in the NW in a 7 game playoff series, I think the Atlantic team will more often beat the NW divison team.

That is why I asked about the question first. I believe this isn't about what division will be most competative against each other, it's about what divison has the highest quality teams. With the exception of the Oilers of late and Minnesota, I am pretty sure any other NW team would lose to a Atlantic team.
Porkchop73 Posted - 10/19/2008 : 09:37:56
North East with the exception of the leafs should be hard to win, Atlantic Div(except the Islanders) will probably be the div that is decided in last week of season and have a lot of exciting players, Pacific is also a well balanced group with the exception of LA.
Don't agree with some saying Northwest even though the Oil are starting hot, they are average teams at best.
Tough question overall.
hockster Posted - 10/19/2008 : 07:34:35
Northwest is by far the strongest!

I don't bring the controversey it comes to me.

Iginla for 2010 team captain!!!
Canucks Man Posted - 10/19/2008 : 02:24:11
I think the Northwest is definatly the most competitive but not nessarialy the strongest, the North East is looking good right now, except for the Leafs.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
brentrock2 Posted - 10/18/2008 : 18:02:06
I picked North west because I think they are like Da best right now.
Grandpa Jim Posted - 10/18/2008 : 10:19:16

Minnesota looks very strong again starting out of the gate. Vancouver is much better than expected so far. Edmonton is starting out well too. Calgary should be a lot better than they are showing so far....Colorado is a different story though. I give the North East Division a close runner up to the North West and the Atlantic could beat them all if Pittsburg gets rolling and the Rangers get back on track. I really think the Pacific Division has been over rated by the Hockey Pundits this season. Anaheim has been really bad, so far I have seen no bright lights from any of the Pacific teams.
PhillyFan12 Posted - 10/16/2008 : 17:47:17
Beans15 Anaheim sucks this year>0-5-1,5 loses,they are dead
Beans15 Posted - 10/16/2008 : 14:41:28
Tough question. Are you saying what division has the best teams or what division will be most closely contested??

I think I would agree, partially. Dallas, San Jose, and Anaheim are all good teams (on paper) and Phoenix isn't that far off either. However LA is very weak.

As much as I am bias toward to the North West, I would have to say the Atlantic is looking sick this year. Pitt, NYR, NJ, and Philly are not only all playoff teams, but three of the 4 are in a lot of people's short list for Cup.

Wynn Posted - 10/16/2008 : 14:32:22
Sharks, Ducks and Stars are part of a handful of the strongest teams in the NHL

Wynn

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page