Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Malkin will be a bust....

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MSC Posted - 10/21/2008 : 09:37:43
Local fantasy sports "expert" predicts Malkin finishes outside the top 20 in scoring this year despite his quick start....

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/9008987.html br /

I had a gut feeling at the first of the year that was very similar to the writers, but if him and Crosby stay on the same line not only will his production not drop it will increase AND Satan could put up 100pts....

Thoughts, feelings, insight???
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 10/25/2008 : 15:56:51
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Pasty 7 - Lemieux and Jagr were quite "pouty" as well when they were younger.

This guy is no Yashin, not even a Kovalev, IMO. If that were the case, he would have already created controversy by having to play second fiddle to Crosby, no? Wouldn't his production have fallen off when Crosby came back from his injury and automatically gained back the top line, relegating the hottest player in the league to second line status? I tell you, for me, THAT was a moment where he showed his true character. I know his English is poor- but still, no lag in play, not a peep - he just kept rolling.

Nope, this kid's the real deal.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

that is a very valid point he hasn't said anything or demonstrated any resent for his current situation i just still have this feeling he wont be the player over his career he has the potential to be

Pasty
n/a Posted - 10/24/2008 : 07:49:44
Pasty 7 - Lemieux and Jagr were quite "pouty" as well when they were younger.

This guy is no Yashin, not even a Kovalev, IMO. If that were the case, he would have already created controversy by having to play second fiddle to Crosby, no? Wouldn't his production have fallen off when Crosby came back from his injury and automatically gained back the top line, relegating the hottest player in the league to second line status? I tell you, for me, THAT was a moment where he showed his true character. I know his English is poor- but still, no lag in play, not a peep - he just kept rolling.

Nope, this kid's the real deal.

Pasty7 Posted - 10/23/2008 : 16:10:44
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Alex - saying that Malkin played "badly" in last year's final is to ignore that he played pretty well in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds. Probably not up to the high standard he set in the regular season; but in terms of playoff career - it's REAL early days.

I think Malkin as a top superstar is here to say, but who knows. I'd also bet that Satan, if he stays healthy, tops 70 points for the 2nd time in his career - they look like they have chemistry.

i personally think malkin is more of a pouty little girl her lost her dolly then a hockey player there is no denying his extrem talent and all the qualities everyone has just made refference too but he does not have the charactor i feel to be a consistent 100 pointer and i would go as far to say even 70 pointer,,, i see a lot of yashin in this young man and a lot of arogance ,,,, i may be wrong but i watch him lose the puck and it seems like he gets so pissed he;ll turn around and take a cheap shot with his stick at the player as soon as he gets ratteld he is off his game like i said i dont think he has the head on his shoulders to use his potential fully

Pasty
n/a Posted - 10/23/2008 : 14:40:45
Alex - saying that Malkin played "badly" in last year's final is to ignore that he played pretty well in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds. Probably not up to the high standard he set in the regular season; but in terms of playoff career - it's REAL early days.

I think Malkin as a top superstar is here to say, but who knows. I'd also bet that Satan, if he stays healthy, tops 70 points for the 2nd time in his career - they look like they have chemistry.

Alex Posted - 10/23/2008 : 14:11:34
I guess this is a case of someone being too good to believe. After his poor showing in last year's final, I thought it was a warning sign to fantasy owners that he was just another lazy Russian with too much talent to know what to do with. I also thought Pittsburgh would crash and burn.

Actually, both he and Ovechkin are building a good name for the Russians of today. What do you think, are these guys here to stay? My call is that Ovechkin will stay in the top 10 for a long time, but Malkin will dip when he inevitably gets seperated from Crosby (not line, team.)

Edit: Oh, and no ways Satan who celebrated his 35th birthday yesterday is getting 100 points. Or even 70. His career high is 73 for the record.

Make sure to cast your votes in the PickUpHockey Hall of Fame
n/a Posted - 10/23/2008 : 13:16:34
First - Malkin did NOT struggle on the second line . . . he was probably putting up the best 2nd line numbers in the league at the time - if not the best, top 3.

Secondly, barring a serious injury, I find it impossible to see Malkin outside the top ten in scoring this year. He is a gifted goal scorer and playmaker, and is now starting to use his body a bit more as well.

My prediction for him this year is 2nd or third in scoring, behind Ovie.

J-Dog Posted - 10/21/2008 : 18:54:39
It is sometimes very easy for good players to get hot and just as easy to get cold. I always thought of Malkin as a player who fits the hot and cold description. He is hot now and could be for a while. I think he will have a good year and finish inside the top twenty, but if a cold streak hits they (Pittsburgh) might do lineup changes. If memory serves Malkin did well on the first line once Crosby was hurt, but on the second line he struggled. If the same happens late in the year the effect could be similar. However he is getting more experienced year after year and consistency usually comes from experience. So my guess is big season from malkin, he's in my pool. :D
Porkchop73 Posted - 10/21/2008 : 16:35:20
it was just an off the cuff remark, more of a joke, but it would make for a great topic to discuss. (in its own forum, we will stick to Malkin for this forum)
Guest4803 Posted - 10/21/2008 : 14:54:33
why would they trade for one of the leafs dmen? unless it was schenn
Porkchop73 Posted - 10/21/2008 : 14:34:34
Barring a serious injury there is no way Malkin is out of the top 20. Look at how he carried the play when Crosby was out last year. The only thing I see happening with Malkin is he may want to be the biggest star and not be in Crosby's shadow. This could result in a big trade, lots of rumours bout Malkin and Gaborik right now. Malkin would look great in a leafs uniform and the Pens could use D-men!!!! That should get people talkin!
Guest9649 Posted - 10/21/2008 : 10:05:07
I think he'll beat crosby. He is bigger, stronger, and actually shoots the puck. I think he has more weapons than crosby. Everyone now knows crosby's style and can defend against it. They know that he is going to pass the majority of times, whereas Malkin has more options to him, thus being more dangerous.
Malkin was coming into his own last year, but since crosby was hurt, everyone still maintained that if crosby was there he would have beaten Malkin. I have a gut feeling that he will beat crosby. That's my analysis and prediction.
Guest4803 Posted - 10/21/2008 : 09:43:37
i cant see him finishing outside the top 5...let alone outside the top 20

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page