Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Proposed Delayed Penalty Rule

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Porkchop73 Posted - 02/12/2009 : 04:33:28
What do you think about the proposed rule for a delayed penalty call in your end.

The rule would require the defending team to clear the puck past the blue line when a delayed penalty is called against your team when in your own end. Just touching the puck would no longer be enough.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9164 Posted - 02/12/2009 : 08:08:16
And what if by attempting to clear the puck, the puck would go out of play, then the rule is a 2 min. penalty for delay of game. So Thumbs down, stupid rule. Players could freeze the puck along the boards in their end if there were just a few minutes/seconds left and they could waste extra time. Keep it like it is, bring a no-touch icing rule before inventing new ones.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 02/12/2009 : 06:50:06
A question I would have regarding the proposed new rule is, if when attempting to clear the puck past the blueline from the defensive zone, the penalized-to-be team, ices the puck, then does that also mean that they are not allowed a line change, as well as assessed a penalty, in accordance with that new rule?
I can see it now, the penalized team, has to work their faces off 6 on 5 until they ice the puck, at which time the power play gets fresh legs, the penalty kill team doesn't, and it isn't necessarily the PK unit out there to start with. The PK is tired and in the next sequence ends up taking a holding call due to the inabliity to change. On that ensuing delayed penalty, they one again ice the puck to clear and start the process over again?

Seems kinda silly when the rules start geting in the way of the rules.

I vote no....
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 06:37:13
Interesting question.

I voted no, although I am not particularly against it per se - I just don't like rule changes for no reason. Hockey has enough rules, we don't need more.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Let's not improve the game to death, ok?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
rross Posted - 02/12/2009 : 06:12:42
Although I understand the concept around creating more offense in the NHL with this rule, I can't help but think this is only going to create more chances of injuries. On a delayed penalty call, the penalized team are now going to be forced to get the puck out of their zone with opposing forecheckers trying to get to the puck before they get it out. This will lead to similar incidents that see players getting driven into the boards. In my opinion, this would be a poor choice in regards to rule changes aimed at creating more scoring chances based on the injury factor which is already a problem.

Go Habs Go!!
Guest4106 Posted - 02/12/2009 : 05:03:55
what about in the offensive or neutral zone
Porkchop73 Posted - 02/12/2009 : 04:35:00
I was watching TSN and they had this question in the hockey panel. I thought it was really interesting and wondered what our members think.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page