Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canada 3rd goalie

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6093 Posted - 02/16/2009 : 15:11:20
Let's just say Brouder and Luongo are num 1 and num 2 (and I don't want to here it if you think Brouder is to old) who will be third???
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest5718 Posted - 02/18/2009 : 01:16:30
Who cares anyways? Brodeur and Luongo will alternate games until the finals, then the better performer will seal the Gold medal for Canada. Meanwhile the 3rd goalie will load up the washing machine with jock straps after the games.
Guest6616 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 14:57:28
sorry i forgot about turco and fleury and i just said pogge beacause i figured some crazy leafs fans would vote for him based on the way he's played so far this year he won't exactly be ripping up the league like mason has
Guest4631 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 08:28:26
how can you even put pogge on that list, even with the yeah right after it. and leave off guys like turco and fluery
Odin Posted - 02/17/2009 : 08:12:47
It has been said that Yzerman would go with experience. That may very well be the case, and that would be represented by Brodeur and Luongo. The 3rd goalie would pretty much be tagging along just to get the exposure and experience for the future. That being said, I think it will be either Price or Mason. Chances are extremely slim that either would get any playing time.
n/a Posted - 02/17/2009 : 07:52:07
This is an interesting question indeed. Putting aside the possibility that Brodeur may not return to form after his injury (I am sure he will, knowing his competetiveness), it's an open race.

I voted Mason, and here's why: I predict that he will not only continue to play well for Columbus to squeeze them into the very tight western playoff picture - I predict that he will win a playoff round for them. He's put up fantastic numbers so far this year, easily worthy of Conn Smythe consideration.

Really though, it could be any of the goalies listed. Could be Ward, Theodore, or even Price or Fleury if they really pick it up.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Pasty7 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 01:36:31
my opinion Brodeur is number 3..... noone can claim hes been anything short of weak in the last 3 post seasons and im sorry in 2002,,,,, he was not impressive laugh yell scream call me whatever you want i wasn;t feeling good the other day took the day off work watched the whole 2002 tourny, now i strong dominating post season this year from marty could change my mind he is marty brodeur and all..... i've always like J.S for the number 2 role hes a humble guy and would take it and make us proud if we needed him,,,

and guest6093 i never said marty was too old

Pasty
Guest5718 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 01:19:32
I hope Yzerman doesn't too heavy with experience. Look where that got them in Torino...
goleafsgosjnb Posted - 02/16/2009 : 17:28:47
Excellent point, I voted Mason based on his play this year, but any goalie can have one good year. When being placed on the world's biggest stage, it would be nice to know what to expect. The thought of someone like Carey Price starting this early in his career scares me... good thing the 3rd stringers won't likely matter cause Brodeur or Luongo will ease my worried mind.
Beans15 Posted - 02/16/2009 : 15:25:54
I personally think that Yzerman is going to lean towards experience over some of the younger talent. There would be nothing worse than seeing some of these kids (Mason, Price, etc) who have had some success on the world stage doing a bit of chocking in the biggest stage they could possibly imagine.

That being said, I would think that guys like Turco, Gigeuere, and Ward will be considered. A Cup winning goalie trumps a WJC winning goalie in my world.
Guest6093 Posted - 02/16/2009 : 15:12:27
I think Price if he has a good season can be the goalie

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page