Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Martin Brodeur Returns

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4031 Posted - 02/27/2009 : 14:26:18
After coming back from injury, will MARTIN BRODEUR break the all time shut-out and wins record this season?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Axey Posted - 03/02/2009 : 09:18:20
I've been saying they were a playoff team for a couple months now, but with Marty picking up where he left off not missing a beat, this team will win the cup. They can match any team in this league and they have no holes in the lineup, a ton of Stanley Cup experience and I believe they can match any team in the west.

Also the thing that puts Brodeur in the list of Great goalies is the fact he was out of the lineup for months and when he comes back he does this kind of thing. Carey Price should take notice and get out of the bars before Halak runs him out of town.
n/a Posted - 03/02/2009 : 04:41:07
This guy is unbelievable.

I'm a huge fan of Brodeur, I think he's one of the best ever, and here I am thinking as he comes back, "Well, he's got a good shot at the wins, he might make that this year, but no way will he get the shutouts, not a chance". And what does he do? He gets as many shutouts in 3 games as Clemmenson got the whole time he was out.

I would have said, yes to wins, no to shutouts before he played his first game back . . . but I'd have to quickly change my mind now!

Does anyone want to play the Devils now? I see some panicky, trade deadline pick-ups coming for some teams in the east . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 03/01/2009 : 21:37:47
Think of the sickness in the East if the pundants are accurate and Mr. Pronger is soon on the blue line for the Devils.

It might not even be fair.

But to the topic at hand, it is completely sick to see a guy who missed 4 months with a very significant injury and goes 3-0 with 2 shut outs.

The real Best goalie(and goalie for Team Canada in 2010) is back.
goleafsgosjnb Posted - 03/01/2009 : 17:39:03
Anyone else all of a sudden terrified of the Devils?

I'm starting to think Parise, Elias and Rolston may be solid picks for my playoff pool.
Guest4159 Posted - 03/01/2009 : 17:21:13
well he shutout the flyers this afternoon....closer to 103...
leigh Posted - 02/27/2009 : 14:43:56
For the record the all-time regular season wins record is 551 held by Patrick Roy. And the all-time regular season shut-outs is 103 held by Terry Sawchuk.

Well I'm certain he'll pass Roy this season for wins, but if you had asked me yesterday morning if he'd get the shut outs I'd say that he'll have to wait until next year...but wouldn't you know it the guy goes out and gets a convincing 4-0 shut out in his first game back after 4 month off! That's crazy! I guess it could happen considering he's only played 11 games this year and he already has 3!

Wins = yes
Shutouts = no, next year

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page