Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Playoff Pool Strategy 2009

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
goleafsgosjnb Posted - 03/16/2009 : 11:29:20
What do you guys think? Once the Datsuks and Zetterbergs of the pool are gone, who do you think are some can't miss playoff performers who will lead their team to the promised land, and who are some chokers who one should avoid despite a strong regular season?

I'll start off with a couple. One player I would NOT sleep on is Zach Parise. With Brodeur healthy the Devils could go deep and Parise will surely lead the attack. On the other hand, the Sharks seem to be slumping lately (I should know, I've 5 of them in my regular season pool), and given Thornton's past playoff no-shows, I may think twice about him. He's an incredible player and he could very well prove the critics wrong this time, but I would not pick him 1st, that's all I am saying.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Axey Posted - 03/17/2009 : 09:25:11
Sometimes, it's pure luck with who you pick, like Franzen and Lupul last year. But you want to pick players from a team that looks to go deep.

The playoffs are completely different then the regular season, some teams can ride a hot goalie right to hockey's holy grail. There are always upsets, usually due to the 3rd and 4th lines, notice the Habs of last year?

I would like to roll the dice on NJ going far this year, Calgary, if Minnesota squeeks in I expect them to turn some heads. I'm hesitant about Detroit but who knows.
Beans15 Posted - 03/16/2009 : 20:46:33
Play off drafts are all about durability and streakiness. It's always tough, but you have to think that the quality players from the reg season are going to be quality in the playoffs.

I would look at guys like Semin and Backstrom. They might get passed in the first round or two but you have to think that one or more of them will get a point every time Ovie gets one.

Elias would be another I would look at.

Jokinen, Iginla, Camallarri. I know that Calgary has slipped the past few games, but they still could surprise.

My sleeper team is NYR. And, only Joe Sakic has more playoff points in the past decade than Chris Drury. He and Gomez are both clutch play off performers.
Guest5269 Posted - 03/16/2009 : 20:26:46
Dwayne Roloson was great in the 2005-2006 playoffs. Also, the Bruins are in good contention.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page