Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2006/07 Predictions/Guesses/Comments

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bablaboushka Posted - 09/02/2006 : 14:06:31
Only 32 days left until puck drop and I CANNOT WAIT for pool drafts! I know everyone has something to forecast about the upcoming season so why not put it in here? Stanley Cup, Art Ross, Rocket Richard, President's trophy etc, it's all fair game in here.

As a little side note, just curious to see if anyone that contributes to this forum would want to have our own little pool. We could have just like a straight draw type or we could even have a draft-type if you guys (gals too...?) would want to take like an hour on a Sunday night or something when things are calmer in the house (usually) and we could coordinate a draft via IM or something. Just a thought, I think it could make for some awesome discussion in here and I'm cool with setting a free one up (on this site of course!) if enough people are interested.

P.S. If you aren't feeling the hockey excitement just yet, watch this:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3957094422427700341&q=ovechkin
Or this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5675272436036532702&q=malik
Or maybe this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0pXTnx85Q
Or one last one, the nicest shoot-out goal I have ever seen in my life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlvgf5lEowU
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bablaboushka Posted - 09/15/2006 : 19:53:04
Yeah I forgot about shutouts, good call. They don't count SH assists? That's no good, oh well I guess we'll have to do with what we have. I just believe that an assist is as valuable as a goal and so I wish we could count them, but nothing much I can do about it.
Ryan Harper Posted - 09/15/2006 : 15:10:15
Lets reserve this thread for talking up the pool. I have created another thread for team submissions, just for organizational purposes. Also, it might motivate more to join.

PS, I made 2 scoring changes. Hope its ok
-cant have goalies without counting shutouts:)
-pickuphockey can't track extra points for SH assists:)
bablaboushka Posted - 09/15/2006 : 10:09:09
Ok well thanks man, I mean all I needed was one "That's great" and whoever wants to join, you're free to. If everything seems to be fine then feel free to email me your teams at the email above. Remember 12 forwards, 6 defencemen and 2 goalies, as also described above. So that everyone can get a feel for who's picking what, I can post people's picks on a separate thread in here as they come in. I will be posting mine some time this weekend, if not later tonight to break the ice I guess. Once the pools open on 09/25 then I'll create one for us and send everyone the pool name/password.

Start sending in your teams, or if you have a concern about the format, just let me know and we could work something out!
goon Posted - 09/15/2006 : 09:15:26
goon here. Love the idea. I really enjoy chatting hockey with you guys and a pool would be sweet. I love the format you have bab and I say we set a deadline to submit teams.

PS you are all going down
bablaboushka Posted - 09/14/2006 : 22:14:18
Anyone?
bablaboushka Posted - 09/11/2006 : 19:22:01
Ok well I've abandoned the thought of a draft... So at work I was thinking of interesting ways to run a non-draft pool where everyone wouldn't have the same players. Cause if it was just "Pick 15 players", then everyone has maybe 10-11 players that are the same and well that's just boring. So I came up with a little something I personally haven't seen or been a part of yet (although I am still young :P) :

-Every member picks two forwards per Division in each Conference (12 forwards).
-Every member picks one defenceman per Division in each Conference. (6 defencemen).
-Every member picks one goalie per Conference. (2 goalies).

This pretty much makes for a whole team (without spares). With 5 teams in each division, I figure people's picks should vary because of course we all have our preferences! This way there's no loading up on Ottawa or Detroit and there's variety as far as positions, to test the ultimate poolie! Likes/dislikes?

I'm also proposing a scoring system:
-Goals and assists are one point each, including goalies (no point in being extravagant with offensive goalie points, it shouldn't be what wins/loses a pool for someone).
-One extra point for a short-handed goal or assist.
-No points for shoot-outs goals (that's ridiculous).
-Goalie wins are two points, ties are one point.
-I don't like giving extras for GWG but if enough want it, it can be done I guess.

Ok, how is this? Suggestions/comments...?

P.S. Ripley, leigh, blade, goon....WHERE ARE YOU GUYS??? :)
slapshot Posted - 09/11/2006 : 08:45:24
I am in for a pool. I think a draft might be difficult to organize but maybe we could do a simple team submission. It would be great if someone could put together a unique type of pool.
bablaboushka Posted - 09/07/2006 : 21:31:56
Ok well great I have THREE PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?! I would absolutely love to do a fanstasy draft but it's so hard to get everyone coordinated... I posted this 5 days ago and I have 2 names lol. Those that are interested, email me at stefanfisette@gmail.com with an email you use relatively often so that it would be so much easier to communicate. If you guys by any chance have MSN or AIM as instant messaging, that would be a million times better, but email me either way with an address that I can contact you with. I hopefully want to have a pool draft if not next weekend, then the one after (23rd-24th). CMON GUYS SEASON STARTS SOON!!!!

Stay tuned for my predictions...
pucker Posted - 09/07/2006 : 09:08:07
Lets do it. You suckas are going down!
Ryan Harper Posted - 09/05/2006 : 14:25:50
Yup, Im starting to get in the mood for Hockey Pools too. I am definitley in for a pool if anyone else wants to join just make a post here and we can coordinate something.

The Hockey News picked the Flames to win the cup, and we all know that will never happen. Last year they predicted the Huricanes to finish dead last and well...

My Predictions:
Cup - Vancouver (yes going with my heart here)
Conn Smythe - Roberto Luongo
Hart - Alexander Ovechkin
Art Ross - Alexander Ovechkin
Vezina - Roberto Luongo
Norris - Chris Pronger
Calder - Evgeni Malkin

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page