Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Ovechkin says no to C

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pucker Posted - 09/07/2006 : 08:50:12
Good move on his part. I think that he is right to say he needs time to learn english, but give him a couple of years of interviews and he should be good. Plus, who wouldn't want a guy that plays like Ovechkin as his leader. I sure hope the Caps start bringing in a supporting cast for him because he could very well dominate this league over the next 10 years.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 13:19:52
Ovechkin isn't ready for captainacy yet, his age and grammar contribute to that.
basic0 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 13:10:20
According to Wikipedia, Chris Clark became captain in the 2006 offseason. I'm not a huge Capitals fan, but I've gotten the impression from various hockey media that Olaf Kolzig would be the best candidate for captaincy, were he not a goalie. Although, if a player really has those leadership skills, he shouldn't need the C on his jersey to have a huge influence on his team.
bablaboushka Posted - 10/02/2006 : 15:47:56
I thought it was going to be Chris Clark.

pucker Posted - 10/02/2006 : 10:03:44
Yah his english needs work - but he seems like he is willing to give it his best.

So who is the captain in Washington? They seem to be full of young prospects - none really stepping up as a leader. They may go the way of Pittsburgh and have a number of Alternate captains.

Pegger Posted - 09/29/2006 : 07:53:14
I couldn't agree more AO needs to improve his english before taking on the C
Ripley Posted - 09/23/2006 : 16:09:28
I agree, it's a good idea for him to wait. Likewise for Crosby to not take a "C" right now is good too. Let them both build respect as leaders, and not just as good players. There is so much more to the game than being a goal scorer. I don't know too many 18 to 21 year-olds that are capable of leading 30+ year-olds into sporting battle. Give them both a couple years at least. Good for both of them.

Mikhailova Posted - 09/09/2006 : 06:29:03
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I hope Crosby takes this as a hint.

Yeah really. I agree
bablaboushka Posted - 09/07/2006 : 21:28:44
I hope Crosby takes this as a hint.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page