Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Best possible playoff team

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6683 Posted - 03/26/2009 : 15:57:32
Okay so you obviously won't be able to get all of these players but just say you could. Who would you chose for your playoff pool? (12 forwards, 6 Defence, 2 goalies here's mine

FORWARDS

Datsyuk Zetterberg Hossa

Parise Savard Ovechkin

Richards Carter Gagne

Iginla Jokenin Cammelari

DEFENCE

Lidstrom Rafalski

Boyle Phaneuf

Green Gonchar

GOALIES

Luongo
Brodeur
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 03/27/2009 : 09:31:50
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

In play off pools it's not nessecarily about picking the best players but they players on the teams that will play further into the play offs and play the most games. I don't like the spread the wealth out startegy. I'm sink or swim, I pick the 4 teams making the conference finals and only pick from those teams. If it works out awesome, if it doesn't there's always next year.

Absolutely spot on! The only way to win a pool is to maximize the man games played. A few years back I won the playoff pool. The year that Ottawa lost to Anaheim. It was not a draft style, so I had Heatley, Alfredsson, Spezza, Perry, Getzlaf, Selanne, Pronger who all made the final. Above that, I had Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, and I think Jagr and Nylander did well for me that playoff as well.

Point being, the teams that make the finals will have at least a couple of players near the top or at the top in playoff scoring. You need those guys to win a playoff pool.

For this season, I would personally load up on Detroit, New Jersey, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Calgary. Those, in my opinion, are the cream of the crop.
MSC Posted - 03/27/2009 : 07:50:08
In play off pools it's not nessecarily about picking the best players but they players on the teams that will play further into the play offs and play the most games. I don't like the spread the wealth out startegy. I'm sink or swim, I pick the 4 teams making the conference finals and only pick from those teams. If it works out awesome, if it doesn't there's always next year.
n/a Posted - 03/27/2009 : 06:37:08
Who would I choose for THIS YEAR'S playoff pool, if I could choose a dream team?

I think some people here have forgotten how to pick playoff pools . . . final four team players should dominate, with a couple of superstars who make it to the second round thrown in.

Forwards
Elias, Langenbrunner, Parise, Zajac, Gionta
Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Franzen
Krejci
Crosby
Kane

Defence
Martin, Oduya
Rafalski, Lidstrom
Green
Gonchar

Goalies
Brodeur
Conklin

Guess who I think is meeting in the final?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
leigh Posted - 03/26/2009 : 17:00:19
Since this is just a fantasy, I've also assumed that injuries don't count. And I realize that some players will have to move off their natural sides. Here is my playoff dream team (at least this is how I feel today anyway)

Ovechkin / Crosby / Malkin
Heatley / Savard / Datsyuk
Iginla / Thornton / Lecavalier
Doan / Draper / Burrows
(Kovalchuk)

Lidstrom / Niedermayer
Green / Phaneuf
Chara / Regher
(Boyle)

Luongo
Brodeur
(Kiprusoff)