Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Hawks - Canucks Round 1

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tbar Posted - 03/30/2009 : 13:59:07
If the Hawks and the Canucks face each other in round 1 do you expect to see this last weekend's game boil over into that series? I personally would love to see that happen, it would be a good old fashion slug fest of a series. The only problem is if that happens the winer proabably comes out to beat up to do a whole lot in the second round. Either way I think it would be an awsome 1st round series. Thoughts?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/02/2009 : 08:38:27
Agreed, I can't shake the feeling that Luongo is finally going cement himself as the BEST goalie in the NHL with a legendary playoff performance. He is due. Im also rooting big time for Mats to get a cup.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Beans15 Posted - 04/01/2009 : 17:04:32
I wouldn't say that Vancouver will win the Division outright. There are still 6 games for each the Flames and Canucks and they are only separated by one point. The Canucks play Ducks, oilers, Avs, Flames, Kings, and Avs for their final games. Calgary plays Stars, Wild, Kings, Canucks, Oilers, and Oilers.

All Calgary has to do is win one more game in the next 6 than Vancouver. That is not a huge feat. Their scheduled are quite similar and it actually might come down to their match up against each other.

Regardless, I think Vancouver has quitely had a fantastic season. From the start of the year, most people said they had a weak offense and relied too much on Luongo. Now, granted with Luongo was out and when he first came back, Vancouver slipped. But they have played far better than most expected them to and I think they will be the sleeper in the West. Even today as they sit in 3rd, most people are still talking about Detroit, San Jose, and Calgary.

I am not saying that I would bet on Vancouver, but I also wouldn't bet against them, regardless of if they play the Hawks or anyone else in the first round.
Guest4658 Posted - 04/01/2009 : 15:49:40
vancovuer might get passed the 2nd Round if lucky...
and im a canucks fan
ahh im already getting pumped up for the post season!! xD
Guest4803 Posted - 04/01/2009 : 12:50:59
Vancouver will win the NW ...so chicago needs to slide to 6th for them to match up...its the playoffs of course theyre would be that intensity, even if they hadnt had that dust up the other day.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 03/31/2009 : 13:49:35
there is no doubt the bad blood would spill over. If anything the internsity would all the way to 11 (Spinal Tap joke) Luongo had better be ready for more crease crashing and Mats Sundin better be ready to prove the critics wrong.

tbar Posted - 03/31/2009 : 13:43:47
Yah I dont think anybody is counting out Columbus. But I am just wondering if anybody thinks the bad blood that was shown between the Hawks and Canucks the other night would boil over into the playoffs if they happen to meet in the first round. It looked to me like they were getting at Luongo as much as possible in that game.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 03/31/2009 : 09:28:45
columbus is a big time sleeper, I can see them going to the conference finals if they catch a couple breaks.

Guest4271 Posted - 03/31/2009 : 07:49:55
I agree. Calgary looks lost most of the time. I think they are gone in the first round.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 03/31/2009 : 06:46:34
Im not sure about you guys, but Calgary has not impressed me very much since the trade deadline. Id take the Canucks over the flames right now. Calgary has lost something like 8 of their last 12. Not a good trend heading into the post season.

Guest4572 Posted - 03/30/2009 : 20:03:26
i think that neither team will make it past the second round regardless of how physical the series is. i just dont think either team is good enough to beat out san jose or calgary or even detroit in a seven game series

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page