Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Underrated player

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0486 Posted - 04/06/2009 : 12:57:39
This is not intended as a shot at Hanley but in a previous forum hanley said Shannon is nothing special and I thought clearly he has never seen him play because this guy is the fastest skater I have ever seen. WHo do you think is the most underrated player. My vote goes to Ryan Shannon
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Axey Posted - 04/13/2009 : 06:51:50
Maxim Lapierre
Guest9850 Posted - 04/13/2009 : 05:30:16
Valiteri Filpula, Milan Lucic (maybe not anymore), Denis Widemen, Niklas Kronwall, Bryan Little, Sergei Samsonov, Justin Pogge, Fernando Pisani, Jack Johnson, Anze Kopitar, Brandon Dubinsky, Maxim Talbot, Joe Pavelski, Erik Johnson, Alexandre Burows once was underated, and Brooks Laich.

I'm probably wrong on some of these and if I am please correct me.
n/a Posted - 04/13/2009 : 04:43:25
I'll give you some slack, and won't give you any flack (I think that's the word you were looking for), deadalive:

I agree!

Sedin twins have really come into their own, and they are a huge reason Vancouver is where they are. Yeah, yeah, Luongo is great . . . but Vancouver can't win 1-0 every night and be a good playoff team, nevermind win the northwest division.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
deadalive Posted - 04/13/2009 : 03:17:22
Ok, I'm probably going to take some slack for this, but how about the Sedin twins? There are still a lot of people who only remember them for their first few seasons, even in Vancouver... Ryan Kesler won the Canucks MVP with a whopping 2 game winning goals. I believe both of the twins had 8. Point per game players, who are pretty damn good in their own end too. Not superstars by any means, but certainly not the bums a lot of people still think they are.
Guest6496 Posted - 04/13/2009 : 02:52:06
The most underated player in the this year is Loui Erikson and I hate I hate the Dallas stars!
Pasty7 Posted - 04/07/2009 : 04:20:05
uhhhhhhhhh you realize ROB BLAKE is a shooin for the hockey hall of fame,,, do you think he is underated because he isn't considerd a top 5 defenseman of all time and only a top ten?

Pasty
Thrasher Posted - 04/06/2009 : 16:13:21
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

Mike Green, Mike Richards, Jason Blake, Jeff Carter, Tim Thomas, Ian White, Luke Schenn, Rob Blake..

since you had to bring me into this I'll tell you my reasons why I think Ryan Shannon isn't underrated, just because he's fast, The guy is 26 years old and really hasn't proven himself out on the ice yet. He may be quick on his feet but he's definitely not a goal scorer, doesn't set up many plays, not a big hitter, he's on the ice for more goals against than for... He's just an average hockey player... Maybe intime he may develop into a better hockey player but nothing special

Mike Green? People are talking about him being a Norris candidate, seems rated fairly to me. Mike Richards? Captain and widely regarded as one of the best two way forwards in the game. Jeff Carter? One of the best scorers this year, i wouldn't say hes underrated at all. Tim Thomas, all star game appearance and leading the league in save %, or has been at the top of goaltending statistics for most of this season. Rob Blake? Having another great season in a fairly good career, not underrated at all.

Jason Blake? Over paid, inconsistent, decent hockey player with good skills, not underrated. Luke Schenn, the highly anticipated rookie, future of the Leafs? Putting up 13 points and a -13 in 67 games, still young, not underrated at all.

The only one i can possibly agree with Ian White, who is a decent defense on a injury prone blue line. Actually is a positive on the ice, unlike many of his teammates. Most underrated player in the NHL, far from it.

I'm a Flames fan as well, so i'll pick one player from them. By no means do i think he is the most underrated player, but i think he is better than people give him credit for. Curtis Glencross has quietly put up 40 points this season, and is a decent two way forward. He can play top line with Iggy and Jokinen, or 3rd line grinder with Moss or Peters. Very versatile and quick, plays physical and responsible. Doesn't take stupid penalties, is a very smart player.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
hanley6 Posted - 04/06/2009 : 15:52:00
Mike Green, Mike Richards, Jason Blake, Jeff Carter, Tim Thomas, Ian White, Luke Schenn, Rob Blake..

since you had to bring me into this I'll tell you my reasons why I think Ryan Shannon isn't underrated, just because he's fast, The guy is 26 years old and really hasn't proven himself out on the ice yet. He may be quick on his feet but he's definitely not a goal scorer, doesn't set up many plays, not a big hitter, he's on the ice for more goals against than for... He's just an average hockey player... Maybe intime he may develop into a better hockey player but nothing special

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page