Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Martin Havlat

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9838 Posted - 04/15/2009 : 11:41:20
Havlat must be the most under-appreciated team scoring leader going into the playoffs.

He's rarely mentioned in any of the team-team matchups in the usual media (ESPN, TSN, SI, CBS, Sportsnet), actually I'm not sure if he's metioned at all. It's all about Toews and Kane (69 and 70 pts on the year)

Havlat has also turned into a defensive gem with a +29 and regularly playing against other team's top line (Kane was a -2). He had 5 game winners, 2 in OT. With only 30 PIMs he could be a Selke candidate.

Kane and Toews are great, but Chicago's fortunes are going to quietly rest on the playoff performance of Havlat, the teams most consistent player this year. Never thought I'd write something like this about Havlat...
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest8141 Posted - 04/21/2009 : 13:50:53
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5382

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

I know eh? I used to HATE Havlat but this guy has quietly matured into a good 2 way player in Chicago. Imagine if Ottawa had of kept Havlat, Hossa and Chara instead of keeping Redden and acquiring Heatley?

did you hate him because he was in Ottawa?

Let's see current cap hits for each of these players:
Havlat: $6M
Hossa: $7M
Chara: $7.6M
Redden: $6.5M
Heatley: $7.5M

How does Ottawa keep Havlat, Hossa and Chara while keeping Spezza and Alfie too? Also this is the first year that Havlat has played a "full" season. You just blew $18M for a guy that played 120 games.

In hindsight Chara should have been kept over Redden but at the time the Redden was playing very well. It was a crap shoot that summer.

meh, i was thinking in fantasy land at the time. Ideally, I would rather have a healthy havlat, hossa and chara instead of heatley and redden. It doesnt make sense i know, so yea, youve got a point.
Rambo2305 Posted - 04/21/2009 : 12:31:29
29G - 48A - 77pts - +29

Must be doing something right in Chi-town. Give respect where respect is do. In this case, it's looooooong over do.

Does anyone remember when he kicked two people in the nuts in the same season?? Think it was in 03-04. I think he's gotten some class since then :P

Good on ya Marty! LOL

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Guest5382 Posted - 04/17/2009 : 12:56:50
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

I know eh? I used to HATE Havlat but this guy has quietly matured into a good 2 way player in Chicago. Imagine if Ottawa had of kept Havlat, Hossa and Chara instead of keeping Redden and acquiring Heatley?

did you hate him because he was in Ottawa?

Let's see current cap hits for each of these players:
Havlat: $6M
Hossa: $7M
Chara: $7.6M
Redden: $6.5M
Heatley: $7.5M

How does Ottawa keep Havlat, Hossa and Chara while keeping Spezza and Alfie too? Also this is the first year that Havlat has played a "full" season. You just blew $18M for a guy that played 120 games.

In hindsight Chara should have been kept over Redden but at the time the Redden was playing very well. It was a crap shoot that summer.
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/17/2009 : 10:56:05
C'mon guys, points aren't everything. Hossa plays 10x better in his own end than Dany heatley. I don't think Dany Heatley has ever even been to his own end before. I still think heatley is simmature as a player, Id take Hossa any day of the week.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest5714 Posted - 04/17/2009 : 08:43:52
Havlat definitely played great...I'm a huge Hawks fan and really like him alot.

But don't include Kane in the "Toews-Kane" talks...

Jonathan Toews is this teams go-to-guy...Havlat might score the OT winner in Game 1, but Toews is the guy when it comes to leading this team to the finals. He's the type of player who you want on the ice in Stanley Cup Final OT Game 7...not Havlat.

Kane looks a little too small, and honestly, a little sluggish this season. People of chicago should be talking about Toews-Havlat, not Toews-Kane

GO HAWKS!
Guest9817 Posted - 04/17/2009 : 07:38:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9838

That's what I'm talking about!!!! 2 Goals, including the late 3rd period tying goal and the OT winner. In the pregame all anyone could talk about was Kane and Toews and how skilled and dynamic a duo they are and how they lead this team... well once again Havlat quietly pulls the trigger and is the difference maker. I'm going to be bold and say if Havlat was not on this team they would not have even made the playoffs (like last year).

Havlat played well, but the difference maker in this game was Toews. He was all over the ice, he created chances on every shift he had, and won draws at clutch times (Went 10-14 for 71%). He didn't need to put points up in this one to show he's the leader on this team.
Guest4177 Posted - 04/17/2009 : 07:34:22
Great player but appears to be made of glass...he is the Vince Carter of the NBA. And for this reason alone I will never take him any office pool.
Guest9838 Posted - 04/17/2009 : 06:14:54
That's what I'm talking about!!!! 2 Goals, including the late 3rd period tying goal and the OT winner. In the pregame all anyone could talk about was Kane and Toews and how skilled and dynamic a duo they are and how they lead this team... well once again Havlat quietly pulls the trigger and is the difference maker. I'm going to be bold and say if Havlat was not on this team they would not have even made the playoffs (like last year).
Guest6379 Posted - 04/16/2009 : 10:36:45
Yeah I like Havlat...have since the ottawa days...been waiting for him to come around...He has been injury plagued...I took him in my pool this season in the 10th round...goes to show under estimated he is...fricken steal!!!I have him on my playoff pool too...hopefully he keeps it up!!!!
Guest6160 Posted - 04/15/2009 : 18:15:33
It's no news that Havlat is hella talented. The shocker is he played a full tilt. THAT'S the real accomplishment for this hands over wheels player. The glassman riseth up. If he stays healthy, he will make a difference.

As for thate Hossa/Heatley exchange above, WTF? At best, that's an even trade. Personally, I'll take Heatley. In what could only be called a very disappointing season, he scored 39 with 72 points, 1 more than Hossa AAMOF (Hossa did play 8 less games, but still).

Guest0213 Posted - 04/15/2009 : 14:50:21
That's funny I was noticing that the past couple days too, all kane and toews talk and no havlat. Good on him for putting together a great season, it's got to be between him and Sullivan for the Masterson trophy...

Actually just looked at the nominees from each team and there are a few other decent choices: Clemmensen, Bergeron and Zednik also would fit the bill.

Sensfan101 Posted - 04/15/2009 : 14:06:27
sorry that was me I wasn't logged in

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Guest0606 Posted - 04/15/2009 : 14:05:34
Matt Robert how would Ottawa have been better off keeping Hossa instead of Heatly?
Havlat has had a great season but I don't think he'll be able to keep it up
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/15/2009 : 12:54:11

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest8315 Posted - 04/15/2009 : 12:32:53
I agree, great player but has been hampered by injuries in the past. It's nice to see what he could do if a full season!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page