Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Lucic suspension

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7121 Posted - 04/19/2009 : 19:18:46
I don't get it, why is he suspended? Where is the consistency? The elbow to the head to the Boston player (in game 2) gets nothing but this is a 1 gamer?

The elbow was premeditated and intent to injure (can't remember who and on whom though). This was self defence or instinctive reaction to being charged at. I'm guessing the league is on the Habs side on this one.

What about Komisarek being the 3rd man in the scrum? I not rooting for either of these teams, but think that Montreal players seem to be getting away with a lot more than Boston players this year.
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
freddyboy Posted - 04/22/2009 : 16:02:56
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Here's a link. Pause the video at exactly 1:05 and tell me how on earth that is cross check to the shoulders and the stick never made contact with the head.

Give me a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijH7_HC5-ls

thanks a lot Beanm for the video and the proof that everyone who taught wasn't on the head are wrong.

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Beans15 Posted - 04/22/2009 : 15:19:32
Here's a link. Pause the video at exactly 1:05 and tell me how on earth that is cross check to the shoulders and the stick never made contact with the head.

Give me a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijH7_HC5-ls
Pasty7 Posted - 04/22/2009 : 09:25:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6643

quote:

Height has nothing to do with this. Nothing at all. If the guy is 5'6" or 6'6", Lucic still hit him in the face with this stick. Bottom line.

Each player has a responsibility to control their sticks. Period.

1. Not the way I saw it. He put his hands up Lapierre ran into it. Fractions of seconds apart. Not engage then punch as you suggest.
2. The stick never made contact with the head. Shoulders yes. Not head. it was all hands that made the contact with head.
3. Height had every thing to do with it. If the guy was taller, what would have been a hands to the head now becomes a shot to the chest.

A. points one and two the way i saw the play are absolutly bias and ridiculous statements (the way i see it)

B. even if height is a factor both players are the same height!

Pasty
Guest6643 Posted - 04/21/2009 : 21:00:35
quote:

Height has nothing to do with this. Nothing at all. If the guy is 5'6" or 6'6", Lucic still hit him in the face with this stick. Bottom line.

Each player has a responsibility to control their sticks. Period.

1. Not the way I saw it. He put his hands up Lapierre ran into it. Fractions of seconds apart. Not engage then punch as you suggest.
2. The stick never made contact with the head. Shoulders yes. Not head. it was all hands that made the contact with head.
3. Height had every thing to do with it. If the guy was taller, what would have been a hands to the head now becomes a shot to the chest.
Alex Posted - 04/21/2009 : 17:29:43
For those what was his rational, here is Colin Campbell on a few of the incidents in these playoffs (unfortunately this article was run before the Lucic suspension.)

On the suspension of Philadelphia's Dan Carcillo: "With six seconds left, you have a player who never kills penalties, a player who never takes faceoffs, coming out on a five-on-three (manpower disadvantage) and doing what he did – a repeat offender. So there are a number of criteria there that satisfy doing what we had to do ... I don't want to filter everything out of the game. But we want to take the dumb stuff out of the game."

On the events at the end of Boston-Montreal Game 1: "People take things out of different incidents last night (and say:) 'Oh boy! Same thing (as Philadelphia-Pittsburgh)! How many games are you going to suspend him?' You've got to let the games unfold. You've got to let hockey be hockey, playoffs be playoffs. You've got to let the energy flow. And then, when they cross that line, you do what you have to do."

On hit by Calgary's Mike Cammalleri on Chicago's Martin Havlat: "When Cammalleri hit Havlat, there was a lot of risk to doing that. He took a two-minute penalty in a game where there could have been ramifications for doing that. But there are no ramifications when you're losing 4-1 with six seconds left."

On Martin Havlat's winning goal for Chicago: "Things in hockey or in life never happen in slow motion or in replays. They happen live ... When the foot-in-the-crease rule was taken out – one of the worst rules in hockey – it was taken out with a couple of factors in mind: One was that there are two referees now and one is always around the net. He gets a good look at what's happening and he makes a judgment. Quickly. He's there to protect the goalie in the blue, but also to let hockey happen. And he's got to understand whether a guy was pushed by another player or whether he went in there on his own. And when the puck goes in the net, he's got to decide whether this was just incidental contact – allow the goal, no penalty – or (whether) it was contact made on purpose and take the goal down and give the player a penalty. In this case, he made a judgment call. And if he had made it the other way, you would have heard lots of arguments from the Chicago side. It's one those plays where you're going to get dissatisfaction one way or the other."

I personally thinks he looks like an absolute idiot by saying that Cammalleri didn't get suspended because he got a two minute penalty. So it's OK to try to injure a guy by whacking him in the head when he's offguard, as long as the game is close? I get why he didn't get the suspension. I think Campbell needs a ten week crash course in PR for coming out and explaining it.
Rambo2305 Posted - 04/21/2009 : 12:24:21
I agree with Beans, if it was the regular season, at least 3 games. However, it shouldn't matter if it's the playoffs or not. Hand the 3 game suspension out anyways. Then not only would players think twice in the furture, but the coaches will rethink the whole "set-the-tone" for the next game scenario.

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Beans15 Posted - 04/21/2009 : 09:46:00

Each player has a responsibility to control their sticks. Period. And I would agree with the above assesment if I never watch the video. However, from the video I watched, Lucic was turned around and engaged with the player, then he struck forward with his stick into the other players face.

1 game suspension is the minimum here. If this happens in the regular season, he's looking at 3+.
Pasty7 Posted - 04/21/2009 : 04:39:14
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7121

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7
the joke is he only got one game,, yo musn't play hockey a crosscheck to the back could injure you signifigantly to the face now that merits a lot more than one game, it looked a lot like what simon did to that ranger player who is now with toronto to me,,, it wasn't just a shove at lapierre's face it was a violent shot at it,, i love lucic's style of play but he is a tempormental child and is to big and too strong for his own good,, if you want to talk about third man in watch chara and lucic do the same and much worse in the last game of the season that these two teams met

Pasty

I saw the video again. He turned around and saw Lapierre rushing at him. It looks like he puts up his hands like any normal person would in self defence. Lapierre being shorter gets the hands to the head. What do you expect, Lucic to stand still as Lapierre charges at him? You can't compare this scenario with a stationary back that someone drills or the Suter dirty hit on Kariya, not even close.

Fine he gets suspended but then why didn't the others? Kunitz jumping boarding attempt. Or Cammalleri elbow? those guys deserved way more. Where is the consistency? I have no problems with Lucic being suspended for 1 or 20 games or whatever you think is right for the incident. But whatever Lucic gets, Kunitz, Cammalleri and Giroux deserves 3 times as much. So Patsy would you agree with this much?

as for the question of consistency i agree 200% I don t care what situation cammalleri does that in a sucker punch is a sucker punch, but lapierre is 6 ft 2 that is not very much shorter than Lucic, was not rushing over, all lapierre wanted to do was take lucic crosschecking away from the injured Schnieder, there is not excuseing lucic's action and hence the suspension,, again when it come to consitency though we are on the same page

Pasty
Guest7121 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 19:53:53
quote:
But whatever Lucic gets, Kunitz, Cammalleri and Giroux deserves 3 times as much. So Patsy would you agree with this much?

Sorry that should be Carcillo and not Giroux.

Tootoo punched the dude. Lucic turned around and put his hands up and Lapierre ran into it with his own speed. There is a difference.
Guest7121 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 19:50:27
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7
the joke is he only got one game,, yo musn't play hockey a crosscheck to the back could injure you signifigantly to the face now that merits a lot more than one game, it looked a lot like what simon did to that ranger player who is now with toronto to me,,, it wasn't just a shove at lapierre's face it was a violent shot at it,, i love lucic's style of play but he is a tempormental child and is to big and too strong for his own good,, if you want to talk about third man in watch chara and lucic do the same and much worse in the last game of the season that these two teams met

Pasty

I saw the video again. He turned around and saw Lapierre rushing at him. It looks like he puts up his hands like any normal person would in self defence. Lapierre being shorter gets the hands to the head. What do you expect, Lucic to stand still as Lapierre charges at him? You can't compare this scenario with a stationary back that someone drills or the Suter dirty hit on Kariya, not even close.

Fine he gets suspended but then why didn't the others? Kunitz jumping boarding attempt. Or Cammalleri elbow? those guys deserved way more. Where is the consistency? I have no problems with Lucic being suspended for 1 or 20 games or whatever you think is right for the incident. But whatever Lucic gets, Kunitz, Cammalleri and Giroux deserves 3 times as much. So Patsy would you agree with this much?
Canucks Man Posted - 04/20/2009 : 19:35:16
The Carcillo thing was 7 seconds to go, he is not a center and they were down 4-1, Cammalleri's thing was in the first period and in a 1-1 tie, completely different situation so completely different call. I however believe that Lucic deserved more then a one game suspension, it goes back to Tootoo punching that guy last year, just because some one is skating towards you you shouldn't just hit them, especially crosscheck them in the face.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Beans15 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 16:51:47
What did Havlat say??? I never heard it?? Is there a link??
leigh Posted - 04/20/2009 : 14:29:29
The Lucic suspension is appropriate to me. He was cross checking like crazy only seconds before it, so I can't be convinced that it was "reactionary". He aimed for Lapierre's head and took his shot. 1 game is fine, no more, no less.

As for Cammalleri's punch; if Carcillo's was a suspension then this was too. It was premeditated and vicious (although I'd love to know what Havlat said to get him so fired up! haha!)

I thought the NHL was pretty consistent in the regular season, but so far in the playoffs (based on Cammalleri's punch alone) I would say that they have been inconsistent.

BTW here is the link to the Suter cross check on Paul Kariya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tid_86o9M-o Now that was nasty!
Guest7151 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 14:20:41
lol, wtf, he didn't elbowed, it was a cross check in the neck ...
Guest4477 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 12:02:29
The League needs to send a message to hits to the head, otherwise you'll end up with another McSorley/Brashear or Suter/Kariya incident. I think Lucic deserves what he got.

Put yourself into the shoes of the guy who got crosschecked. Im pretty sure you wouldn't like getting a stick to the head whether it makes contact or not. If Lucic came at me with a stick, i'd freaking run and hide in the stands! That man is a BEAST lol.
Guest8241 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 10:58:30
The Lucic hit was not necessary AT ALL. Beans & Pasty, correct!

If the NHL doesn't figure out a way to be consistent when taking disciplinary action, players will continue to test the limits.

The NHL should really "make an example" of someone rather then just say they will. Once other enforcers, brutes and useless tough guys see one player get handed a 10 games suspension with no pay (*at least*), they might think twice before putting their stick to someone’s face, or riding a guy into the boards.

In comparison, the NHL is just as bad as Major League Baseball and steroid users.

And Bruins' fans, Lucic is anything but useless, but the hit was stupid.
Beans15 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 10:52:44
Pasty hit this on the head. The fact that the cross check was to the head caused the issue. Period.

If Lucic doesn't use his stick and pops the kids in the lips with his glove on, no penalty, no suspension.

On a side note, I completely agree with the Camellari thing. He did the exact same thing as Carcillo and gets no suspension?? I don't care if it didn't happen in the last 5 minutes of the game. The NHL will continue to struggle in cleaning up the game as long as they stay inconsistant with the discipline.

Lucic's one game is about right.
Pasty7 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 08:33:42
quote:

I don't get it, why is he suspended? Where is the consistency? The elbow to the head to the Boston player (in game 2) gets nothing but this is a 1 gamer?

The elbow was premeditated and intent to injure (can't remember who and on whom though). This was self defence or instinctive reaction to being charged at. I'm guessing the league is on the Habs side on this one.

What about Komisarek being the 3rd man in the scrum? I not rooting for either of these teams, but think that Montreal players seem to be getting away with a lot more than Boston players this year.

Pasty
Guest9251 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 08:33:23
go habs go !
Guest6694 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 05:50:35
It is a joke really. Don't like either team but seen just as bad or worse not get suspended.
Guest4271 Posted - 04/20/2009 : 02:56:50
Its a joke. Mike Cameralli hits Havlat and gets 2 min and Lucic gets a game . Give me a break. Looks like the NHL really wants the habs to get in as usual.
Guest4477 Posted - 04/19/2009 : 21:23:32
The Boston player didn't even get elbowed...You don't get suspended for intent...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page