Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 The Ex- NHL Player Question Blog

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Higgsy Posted - 04/28/2009 : 15:11:39
I want you guys to hit me with all the questions you got.
I have alot of knowledge about hockey and am willing to dish out any pointers on NHL teams, players, or just your skills that need improvement.

Anything guys, just ask.

Ex-NHL, AHL and, OHL player. Black Hawks Devils Red Wings. Tim Higgins (career 78-89) Scored 59 points in my best season, I think I know hockey.
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
willus3 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 19:36:39
Settle down everyone. Higgsy sent me an email saying he wasn't going to have much free time coming up.
Not sure why some think it would be so implausible for an ex nhl player to come to a hockey forum and talk hockey. Hockey was their life for years. Most didn't want to stop playing. Why wouldn't they want to talk about hockey now? They're people just like you and I.
Whether Higgsy is legit, I don't know but why not wait and see if his responses seem bogus before tearing him down.
Some may remember not too long ago Greg Smith was posting here as well.

"Society, have mercy on me. Hope you're not angry if I disagree." - Jerry Hannan
Guest2975 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 10:29:06
Man! I am pissed this guy didn't respond after the fact. Guess he didn't want to answer the tough question's. I really didn't agree with alot of his points anyway (regarding Chicago). Maybe he is interviewing to be the next Pierre Mcquire.
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 05:38:52
HAHAHAHA!!! That's all I'm going to say...and Higgsy, pause the Xbox and defend your "honour". As funny as all this is, until we can prove otherwise, Higgsy, you're HOF in our books!!! LOL...

Actually, nevermind, I'll keep it going...so your occupation is "Ex-NHL Defensemen"...safe to say you didn't have a fall-back plan for life after hockey, good to know you didn't blow your salary on blo and partyin up at the Disco! **thats what they called clubs back then, I'm not Zohan here!** LOL

Sum it all up...why on earth, would a ex-NHLer, waste his time to talk to us about stuff most people already know?

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
Guest4652 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 04:35:09
Hi guys, this is Guy Lafleur. If you would like me to give you hockey tips please ask. As for advice when you are in court, maybe I am not the best to ask. I can pretend to be some other player if you all prefer.
Guest4948 Posted - 05/02/2009 : 00:53:42
HIGGSY WHERE ARE YOU? MUST BE PLAYING OLDTIMERS GAMES OR TELLING PEOPLE IN THE PUB ABOUT YOUR GLORY DAYS IN THE NHL. PLEASE COME BACK!!!
Guest2930 Posted - 05/01/2009 : 14:59:19
Funny that's how I met my wife. Have a good wekend Fat Elvis and enjoy the games. Go Canucks go!
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2930

Fat Elvis - you made my day! Thanks for the laugh! I admit to doing some pretty greasy things to get laid when I was drunk. My brother didn't pretend to be Messier, girls were dumb enough to think he was and when they asked he slightly bent the truth. All is fair in love and war!
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by mard65

I think Higgsy is full of s***. What kind of clown has to list all his credentials on a free hockey site and ask people to ask him questions because he is a so called expert. I used to tell girls in bars I was Sammy St Laurent who was a goalie in the Wings system in the 80's and some were dumb enough to believe me. My brother is a dead ringer for Mark Messier and used it to his advantage during Messier's stay in Vancouver as some women were dumb enough to beleive he was Messier. Got him laid. C'mon Higgsy, you're some sad delusional Leafs fan with nothing better to do than try and con people in these forums into beleiving you're somebody you're not. I bet every single answer you give is one any knowledgeable hockey fan would give. If you're a real Ex- NHLer you must be pretty bored.

Thanks for seeing the humour and sarcasm in my initial reply to you...apparently you were the only one as it appears my post...disappeared!!

Regarding your girl ploys...I can understand them, I guess I'm just bitter because the girls weren't that interested when I tried to pass myself off as Tom Cruise's older, fatter, less attractive brother..ahh well, thankfully I met my wife when she was inebriated and I've managed to keep her that way for years now..

fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/01/2009 : 13:01:02
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2930

Fat Elvis - you made my day! Thanks for the laugh! I admit to doing some pretty greasy things to get laid when I was drunk. My brother didn't pretend to be Messier, girls were dumb enough to think he was and when they asked he slightly bent the truth. All is fair in love and war!
quote:

I think Higgsy is full of s***. What kind of clown has to list all his credentials on a free hockey site and ask people to ask him questions because he is a so called expert. I used to tell girls in bars I was Sammy St Laurent who was a goalie in the Wings system in the 80's and some were dumb enough to believe me. My brother is a dead ringer for Mark Messier and used it to his advantage during Messier's stay in Vancouver as some women were dumb enough to beleive he was Messier. Got him laid. C'mon Higgsy, you're some sad delusional Leafs fan with nothing better to do than try and con people in these forums into beleiving you're somebody you're not. I bet every single answer you give is one any knowledgeable hockey fan would give. If you're a real Ex- NHLer you must be pretty bored.

Thanks for seeing the humour and sarcasm in my initial reply to you...apparently you were the only one as it appears my post...disappeared!!

Regarding your girl ploys...I can understand them, I guess I'm just bitter because the girls weren't that interested when I tried to pass myself off as Tom Cruise's older, fatter, less attractive brother..ahh well, thankfully I met my wife when she was inebriated and I've managed to keep her that way for years now..
Guest2930 Posted - 05/01/2009 : 12:17:27
quote:

Guest2930 Posted - 05/01/2009 : 12:13:54
If this guy is fake, which I guarantee he is. Are you going to give him the boot and apologize to me? It's funny how he had a few posts and all the sudden he disappeared. It seems highly unkikely that some ex NHLer would be wasting his time answering questions for a bunch of schmucks like us. Seriously, think about it. Anyone could look up some player bio and pose as a former player.
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Mard65, you're entitled to your opinion, and thanks for sharing your stories, but how about giving someone the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. It's not that far fetched. For now your somewhat personal attack on anther forum member will stand but be careful it's a slippery slope.

fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/01/2009 : 09:48:45
My questions if you don't mind..

Who, from your experience during the years you played, were your top 5 toughest players regarding enforcer types?

Who was the best coach you have had/met?

Who had the best on ice chatter that got players irritated?

Best overall defenseman you played with/against.

Thanks
admin Posted - 05/01/2009 : 09:43:04
Mard65, you're entitled to your opinion, and thanks for sharing your stories, but how about giving someone the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. It's not that far fetched. For now your somewhat personal attack on anther forum member will stand but be careful it's a slippery slope.
mard65 Posted - 05/01/2009 : 09:31:39
admin Posted - 05/01/2009 : 00:30:50
Hey Higgsy! Thanks for signing up and a huge thank you for taking the time to offer up a blog like this. I'm looking forward to hearing more from an insider.

Hey Gang let's give him a chance to get a few answers out before we slam him with more questions.

Higgsy, the floor is yours...
umteman Posted - 04/30/2009 : 20:49:16
Strange that he hasn't answered in two days. Still alive Higgsy?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Sensfan101 Posted - 04/30/2009 : 13:08:02
Hey I saw from tbar's stats you played for the 67's forgive me for not knowing but did you play for Killer? If you did what was he like I have met him but only briefly but he seems nice to me.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
tbar Posted - 04/30/2009 : 12:26:17
What do you do to make a living now? Also how is life after hockey for you seeng as how some players really have a tough time with this when they're hockey days are done.

And if your for real I assume this would be you.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2273
umteman Posted - 04/29/2009 : 15:40:18
Both of the players CaliforniaSeal provided links to have the same middle name as well, but are clearly two different players bearing no resemblance. I assume the first link is our new member as that player is wearing a Blackhawks jersey.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
n/a Posted - 04/29/2009 : 14:07:14
Ha ha . . . well, if this guy is for real, a huge welcome to you sir, and thanks for joining!

Lots of questions here, so I'll chirp in later. Like Beans said, excited to see some of the answers . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 11:13:54
Here is a couple:

1) Who was the best player you either played with or against??

2) Was there a "Gretzky Rule" against hitting him, was it the Semenko factoer, or was it that hard to hit Gretzky as some have stated??

3) Was Paul Coffey as fast on ice level as he appeared to be on TV or from the stands??

4) Who is the most overrated player during your career??

5) Who was the meanest player you ever played against and why??

Looking forward to these answers as well as the answers to questions from others.
CaliforniaSeal Posted - 04/28/2009 : 23:46:18
Hello, On the Legends Of Hockey site they show 2 different people for Tim Higgins. Which one is you and who is the other player?

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayerGallery.jsp?player=12940&photo=1#photo

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayerGallery.jsp?player=12940&photo=2#photo

No cup for Dino, what a shame
andyhack Posted - 04/28/2009 : 22:02:51
Hi Higgsy - welcome.

Four questions for now:

1. Who was the best overall defenceman you saw in your playing days? And who was the toughest to dig a puck out against?

2. Your career spans the Isles Dynasty and the Oilers Dynasty. Which team do you rate higher historically, and why?

3. A lot of people here wonder how many points players like Ovechkin and Crosby would have produced in the '80s. Imagining Ovie on your Black Hawks in the first half of the '80s, what do you think his point total would have been like? How about Crosby?

4. Who is the most underrated player of the 1980s in your view?
umteman Posted - 04/28/2009 : 19:02:38
Welcome to the site Higgsy. Cool that we have an ex NHLer amongst us. I wonder if there are others who have not disclosed their identity.

Higgsy Posted - 04/28/2009 : 17:25:46
He was an intense player all the time.
Though he was not the greatest player i ever played with.
Steve Yzerman was the best.
The times you would get on the ice with him he would dominate more then Gretzky but not Lemieux.

Denis was a great player and the best player on Chicago for the years i was there.
willus3 Posted - 04/28/2009 : 17:18:37
Welcome to the site Higgsy.
Tell me about Denis Savard.

"Society, have mercy on me. Hope you're not angry if I disagree." - Jerry Hannan

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page