Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Detroit vs Anaheim

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hanley6 Posted - 04/28/2009 : 19:53:26
Who you think is going to win this series and why?

As far as Stanley Cup records go most people would say Detroit will beat Anaheim... I have a different look at it. Anaheim beat Detroit out of the Playoffs a couple years ago and the murdered Ottawa for the Cup. If Anaheim could beat out San Jose in the first round they should beat out Detroit, but then it's the NHL, Playoffs has many surprises in store for us every year, always will...

my vote goes to Anaheim on this one
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 05/06/2009 : 07:38:20
Detroit got screwed. That no-goal, early whistle was a gaff on the refs part. Hossa tied the game, no question about it.

Sucks when the refs decide the outcome of a game, but s*** happens i guess. Hiller was amazing though, he deserved the win anyways.

Anaheim - Vancouver west final..? Yay, late games...

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest9244 Posted - 05/06/2009 : 06:00:27
Again... shots 46-26.... i watched the first 2 period, and it looked to me that detriot was outplaying anaheim. Dont know if much changed in the third but like i said before hiller stole another game. Plain and simple. Goalies are the key
Guest8228 Posted - 05/06/2009 : 05:05:35
quote:
Originally posted by hanley6

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9244

i still dont know how u can say its an even series so far. Yes its even 1-1 but detriot has outplayed anahein by far. The only real pressure anahein has giving detroit is with there first line. All other 3 line most o the time the puock is in anahein own end. Just look at the shots. 100-70 in the 2 games combined. Like i mention in the past, a hot goaltender steals u a serie vs a better team, like anahein did in the first round. But osgood is playing pretty sharp right now. Unless hiller can continue to be the next cam ward detroit will win.

dude its Anaheim with an "M" and an N

I'm sorry, but are YOU actually going to comment on another user's spelling? Really?
hanley6 Posted - 05/05/2009 : 22:18:49
Detroit should change there name from the Red Wings to the Sore Losers for there performance after the game. PATHETIC

GO DUCKS
hanley6 Posted - 05/05/2009 : 21:24:07
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9244

i still dont know how u can say its an even series so far. Yes its even 1-1 but detriot has outplayed anahein by far. The only real pressure anahein has giving detroit is with there first line. All other 3 line most o the time the puock is in anahein own end. Just look at the shots. 100-70 in the 2 games combined. Like i mention in the past, a hot goaltender steals u a serie vs a better team, like anahein did in the first round. But osgood is playing pretty sharp right now. Unless hiller can continue to be the next cam ward detroit will win.

dude its Anaheim with an "M" and an N

willus3 Posted - 05/04/2009 : 11:56:35
I don't think Detroit has outplayed Anaheim either. It has been very close.
Lidstrom doesn't seem to have an answer for Getzlaf. Boy is that kid good. Reminds me of a prime Bertuzzi. Great hands, great vision and a big physical presence.
Osgood has played well so the difference is going to be if Datsyuk and Hossa show up. Their line has been very quiet.
The Zetterbeg line has played well. Hossa and Datsyuk haven't played well together all season. They don't seem to have chemistry. I don't understand why Babcock doesn't reunite Zetterberg and Datsyuk.
If Hiller keeps up his play Detroit is in very tough.

"Society, have mercy on me. Hope you're not angry if I disagree." - Jerry Hannan
n/a Posted - 05/04/2009 : 06:24:39
I call it an even series so far because I have watched the games.

Detroit takes a lot of shots from the blue line coming in on the rush, while Anaheim really likes to get the puck behind the net first, work out from the boards more often. I also find the shot totals in Detroit suspect.

And if you had watched the games, you'd know that Marchant's line got some very good chances throughout the game, and that it was only a matter of time until they scored.

And if you had watched the games, you'd know that WITHOUT Osgoode's great play, Detroit would have lost both games, the second one quite handily.

Lastly - if Anaheim's top line is dominating IN DETROIT, and Detroit's top line is producing below average IN DETROIT, doesn't that mean Anaheim is outplaying them?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest9244 Posted - 05/04/2009 : 06:09:10
n/a Posted - 05/04/2009 : 05:38:43
I've watched both games, and it's a fantastically close series so far, with not much between both teams.

Lidstrom is playing awesome, but so is Getzlaf for the Ducks. The Zetterberg/Datsyuk line has been largely neutralised by Anaheim, but with Detroit's depth, it's only a small hit. Both goalies have played outstanding.

I see Anaheim's physical play starting to wear out Detroit by game 3 or 4 . . . they are trying to keep up (when is Kronwall going to get called for leaving his feet on every hit?!?), but they are not in the same physical category as the Ducks.

hanley6 Posted - 05/03/2009 : 23:48:27
Like I said not all Europeans, but most fade away in the Playoffs, like
from the guys that average over .85 to 1 point a game in Regular Season, here are some that don't perform as well in the playoffs
Alexei Yashin- 48 GP and only 27 Points
Teemu Selanne- 100 GP only 69 Pts
Alexander Mogilny 124 GP only 86 Points
Pavel Datsyuk 88 GP only 57 Pts
Bobby Holik 141 GP only 59 Pts
Tomas Sandstrom 139 only 81 Points
Zigmund Palffy 24 GP only 19 Points
Kent Nilsson 59 GP only 52 Points
Alexei Zhamnov 35 GP only 19 Points
Paul MacLean 53 GP only 35 Points
Ed Beers 41 GP only 17 Points

yes Detroit is basically the same team that one it last year, but they didn't have to face Anaheim last year in the playoffs. This year I believe Anaheim will take them out. I didn't mean that as a racist comment its just the truth and I said before not all European hockey players but most, the truth is North Americans play harder in the Playoffs. I was not acting like Don Cherry I can't even stand the guy but call me what you want, if my comment offended you I'm sorry but I was just calling it as I see it.. And there is No Way Lidstrom is better Defensively than Pronger, not even close
Canucks Man Posted - 05/03/2009 : 22:04:21
Hanley do you not realize that the red wings have almost the exact same team that won the cup last year?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Thrasher Posted - 05/03/2009 : 21:56:51
WTF? This is dumb. Euros have heart. Look at Ovechkin. I dont understand all this garbage bias against them. How do they fade in the playoffs? Zetterberg won the conn smythe last year, did he not? Lidstrom became the first ever European captain to win a cup. They have almost the same team they did last year, add Hossa. Stop idolizing Cherry hanley, because most of the crap that comes out of his mouth is to make us North American fans feel better that the best players in the World may not be coming from Canada.

And Anaheims defense is WAY BETTER? May be a little better. Lidstrom is by far and away the best defenseman in this series. He is so sound and so smart, he never seems to make a mistake. Pronger is a good defenseman, but not in the same way as Lidstrom. Scott is closest, but he is not as positionally sound as Lidstrom. Kronwall is a very solid D man, same with Stuart. Ericsson is very good for a young defenseman. And Rafalski is also solid (is he still injured?) Perhaps Anaheim has the slightest of advantages, i would never bet against the Detroit defensive core.

I Promise I didn't give her the STD, I'm not a sharing person.
hanley6 Posted - 05/03/2009 : 21:13:39
Reasons why I believe Anaheim will eliminate Detroit again this year is because 1) Anaheim's Defense is way better than Detroit's, Anaheim has better goaltending. The only thing going for Detroit is they have 3 out of 4 lines that are slightly better than Anaheim's except for Anaheim's first line, there is no line on Detroit that is better than the Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan line.. 2) Anaheim is a North American team all but 4 guys( 3 from Finland, 1 from Switzerland) They have 14 Canadians and 9 Americans... When it comes down to the Stanley Cup play offs The Stanley Cup seems to be more in the North American players hearts, A lot of Europeans tend to play great hockey in the regular season and kinda fade away in the Playoffs (Not all, but most). Detroit only has 11 North American hockey players... Still a good team but they don't have enough heart to beat Anaheim, that's just what I think

Guest7081 Posted - 05/03/2009 : 20:12:49
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Comparing the two teams, their top 3 forwards and top 2 defender's match up well on paper. But that is where it ends. Detroit is deeper and more talented all the way through their line up with the exception of goaltending which I would consider a tie. Hiller simply can not keep up the play and he will not only face as many shots as he did against San Jose, but they will be higher quality.

This is the easiest series to call, it's Detroit and it's a short series.

I think ANA's defence is better than DET. Nieds, Prongs, Whitney and Beauchemin are better than Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart and Rafalski (and remember he's hurt and I can't bother looking up his replacement). I would take ANA's defence over the uninjured let alone injured DET defensive group.
Guest9244 Posted - 05/03/2009 : 10:46:13
SAN JOSE THIS san jose that.....
the fact of the matter is san jose got in the playoff struggling. I dont feel like getting the stats but check there last 20 games played or so and they are mediocre at best. Anahein is good but san jose still outplayed anahein in all but 1 games. HILLER won that series for anahein like every other year hot goalies wins series and cups.
BUT... Osgood is playing just as good as hiller and if they play equally.... detroit will take this easy. Again its all aout goaltending in the playoff
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/02/2009 : 10:58:02
Although I agree this is 95%, Detroit win. I do not think this will be an easy win at all in anyway shape or form. I do not believe, as you do Beans, that goaltending is a tie. Not to knock Osgood or Conklin, but on any other team, they would not get the call come playoff time. I know Osie has got the cups and playoff experience to show for it, but Detroit is an enigma. It don't matter who's in net.

However, outside of Detroit in the west the only Team to fear is Anaheim. They are always underated, except last year, when they pooped the bed. This is not a team that will walk 4 straight, 6-7 maybe. Still a Detroit victory no less, cause this team is just too deep (cept goal).
n/a Posted - 05/01/2009 : 04:33:21
I know Detroit is deep, and the champs, and yada yada yada . . . but do not sell these Anaheim guys short. It wasn't just San Jose crapping the bed - the Ducks are for real.

The more I have thought about this, the more I think Anaheim will squeak out a win somehow, and I will back up my Cyber Cup prediction (I think I might be the only one guessing Ducks).

Anaheim in 6.

Guest7631 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 17:13:36
Surely Hiller did well against the Sharks, but the Sharks have a tendency to get nervous in the playoffs and their main line just does not perform. Detroit has a rediculous amount of playoff experience and under rated players such as Franzen and Hudler will definately have something to show. Detroit will pick them apart. I say Red Wings in 5... 6 would be nicer for pool reasons.
Beans15 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 10:58:17
Comparing the two teams, their top 3 forwards and top 2 defender's match up well on paper. But that is where it ends. Detroit is deeper and more talented all the way through their line up with the exception of goaltending which I would consider a tie. Hiller simply can not keep up the play and he will not only face as many shots as he did against San Jose, but they will be higher quality.

This is the easiest series to call, it's Detroit and it's a short series.
Rambo2305 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 05:28:32
As much as I want to vote for the Ducks, I'm still going with the Wings.

Detroit takes it in 7.

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page