Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Calgary who?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bablaboushka Posted - 10/10/2006 : 11:30:40
Sure it's only a few games into the season, but so much for those amazing expectations...

It took Calgary 26 powerplays to FINALLY get a PPG, too bad it was in a losing cause to none other than the Sharks. They are last in their division, only have 4 goals in 3 games and their top line that was supposed to "shine so bright" has a combined 5 points. They have tonnes of time to turn things around but I am not the least bit surprised by their performance thus far. I have yet to be shown why most people (not including me) expect this team to win it all this year.

23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mikhailova Posted - 11/21/2006 : 12:43:44
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

1stof all, most people from Calgary are Canadian, not Russian,

Yeah I know that, I meant half the people on the Flames team. BTW, I have a friend at school from Calgary and she supports the Flames. She's got a whole lot of Calgary pride.
lyall Posted - 11/20/2006 : 20:28:26
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

quote:

Flames suck and Calgarians have no Canadian pride, most of them sheered for the Hurricanes during last years Stanley Cup final. At least other cities had the decency to cheer for Calgary during the 03/04 final.

Here is where you are way off. I am a Canucks fan and was cheering for the Hurricanes all the way. Sports are territorial and you don't start cheering for a divsional rival just because your team is out. If you do, well then that my friend is called "band wagon jumping". I will never cheer for Edmonton, or Calgary - because I am a die hard Canucks supporter.

Out

Agreed. You better believe I wasn't cheering for Calgary when they had their run. And would never cheer for the Canucks, provided they can ever make it to the playoffs.
pucker Posted - 11/20/2006 : 15:29:09
quote:

Flames suck and Calgarians have no Canadian pride, most of them sheered for the Hurricanes during last years Stanley Cup final. At least other cities had the decency to cheer for Calgary during the 03/04 final.

Here is where you are way off. I am a Canucks fan and was cheering for the Hurricanes all the way. Sports are territorial and you don't start cheering for a divsional rival just because your team is out. If you do, well then that my friend is called "band wagon jumping". I will never cheer for Edmonton, or Calgary - because I am a die hard Canucks supporter.

Out
Guest8977 Posted - 11/20/2006 : 15:26:46
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:

Flames suck and Calgarians have no Canadian pride, most of them sheered for the Hurricanes during last years Stanley Cup final.

So? I'm an American and I cheer for Canadian teams sometimes. To me it depends on the skills of the team players not where the team's from. (And plus, half the people on the Flames, or any team, aren't even from Canada--they're from Russia or Scandinavia or eastern Europe). BTW though, I like the Flames.

1stof all, most people from Calgary are Canadian, not Russian, Canadian, and 2nd of all the flames have absolutely no skill on offense.
Mikhailova Posted - 11/20/2006 : 15:22:16
quote:

Flames suck and Calgarians have no Canadian pride, most of them sheered for the Hurricanes during last years Stanley Cup final.

So? I'm an American and I cheer for Canadian teams sometimes. To me it depends on the skills of the team players not where the team's from. (And plus, half the people on the Flames, or any team, aren't even from Canada--they're from Russia or Scandinavia or eastern Europe). BTW though, I like the Flames.
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 14:43:51
bablaboushka Posted - 11/15/2006 : 12:44:16
Like I mentioned in another thread, let's just see how many wins they can get by only scoring 3 goals every game. In their last 5 games, all wins, they've played St.Louis twice and Vancouver. I will give Calgary credit for their Dallas and Anaheim victories but until they can consistently win against the better teams in the league, I'm still not impressed.

Beating St.Louis twice is not credible to me. Every team should no excuses.
blade Posted - 11/15/2006 : 12:11:34
Boy this thread got quiet when the Flames started burning other teams. Sitting pretty in 3rd with the Oil in their sights. I don't hear babla spouting off with the I told you so's anymore.

Guest0948 Posted - 11/15/2006 : 09:09:59
calgary FLAMES

hot hot november
Mikhailova Posted - 11/06/2006 : 17:21:11
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Now here my very careful analysis of the actual situation...FLAMES RULE!

I agree. I happen to like the Flames (Kiprusoff's awesome), no matter how bad they're doing. And what's wrong with that? Pittsburgh had fans last year!
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 10/31/2006 : 10:34:10
quote:
Originally posted by blade

this has been a long break for the flames 1 game in 8 days. at least they finished their last game on a 6-2 win. Should be a good game against the Preds on Saturday.

Go flames!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

blade Posted - 10/27/2006 : 14:43:47
this has been a long break for the flames 1 game in 8 days. at least they finished their last game on a 6-2 win. Should be a good game against the Preds on Saturday.

Go flames!

Prevail Posted - 10/12/2006 : 20:22:16
Fair enough dude.
bablaboushka Posted - 10/12/2006 : 20:07:05
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

They have tonnes of time to turn things around but I am not the least bit surprised by their performance thus far. I have yet to be shown why most people (not including me) expect this team to win it all this year.

I clearly acknowledge the fact that it's still early in the season with phrases such as "thus far" and "I have yet to be shown"... This is not an "I told you so" post, it's an update on the status of a team who SO FAR has not lived up to its expectations. Granted they did win tonight, a 1-0 win over Ottawa. The major point here was that Calgary's offence, which was deemed to be stellar once Tanguay had arrived, is struggling as it usually has. This win proves that Kiprusoff will have to hold this team together because their lack of offensive production hardly gives them a chance to win (how often can they win with just one goal). If you read my post again, you'd notice it's almost entirely focused on Calgary's lack of offensive production, which given their past doesn't surprise me.

I also read your other post in the Iginla Woes thread. Man you really gotta lay off calling people idiots because they present their opinion. Apparently you hadn't noticed that the post you were replying to was 4 years old and so things have changed, and maybe your attitude should too.

Prevail Posted - 10/12/2006 : 19:09:58
Alright Babla fair enough. I was just on my way to my hcy pool site when i seen a link to this, i didnt know that you had " realistic and educated opinions to offer about the NHL" but the one thing that i cant stand is ppl saying "i told ya so" when its only a handfull of games into the friggin season. I was just trying to say in as few words as possible(8th grade talk according to you) judging a team on the first few games is stupid and cant be done. Understand?????? didnt think so...ya i stole your line, seemed like a good 8th grader burn to end with :)
bablaboushka Posted - 10/12/2006 : 09:59:09
Hey like I said, it's all in fun for me, I love when guys challenge my opinions, that's what makes for a good discussion. There's no need to call me names like ^ over there but I think the "seasoned" forum posters here know how it goes.

I love the mini-rivalries and Leigh, we'll just see how the Sharks and Flames' seasons go :P. So far it's Sharks 1, Calgary 0!

admin Posted - 10/12/2006 : 08:58:42
Let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum here guys.
leigh Posted - 10/11/2006 : 23:15:21
LOL!!! Preach it Babs.

And Prevail, can't we all just get along? Even Shark fans need friends, maybe more than anyone.
bablaboushka Posted - 10/11/2006 : 20:23:01
quote:
Originally posted by Prevail

Wow, you have to be pretty stupid to post a msg saying FLames suck and that YOU called it happening that way. Its 3 bloody games into the season you Tard. Geeze what an idiot!

Ok.... (This is all in fun for me and in such light I must reply :) )

Take your 8th grader talk somewhere's else buddy. Shooting my facts down does not really give you the right to call me a tard/idiot/stupid, especially on your first post which clearly means you have nothing better to offer. If you'd read most of my other 300+ posts on this site you'd know I have realistic and educated opinions to offer about the NHL and even though I am a Sharks fan (which might not bode well with others :P), I'm sure a few more would tend to agree (even if not members on this site).

About the rest of your post:

I don't see how reaffirming a prediction I made earlier with factual evidence constitutes me being stupid....? Subjectively, I realize that last year Calgary also started off weakly but ended strongly to win the Northwest. But for the moment, there is no evidence to show that this will happen again and so of course, being the Flames hater that I am, will use that to trivialize the Flames "success" this year. Didn't understand what I just said? Didn't think so.

And Leigh buddy.... How can presenting information about such crucial components to success like the first line's performance and the team's powerplay rate be described as "a comedy of non-issues"? What else is there more important, aside from maybe the goalie's performance? I can forgive you though, you're just immersed in a sea of red and you'll never find the surface!

Elvis has left the building.
leigh Posted - 10/11/2006 : 17:41:19
While I am a Flames fan, my post was obviously done in jest, based on the results of one game. Where Babs' was a comedy of non-issues intended to be constructed as careful analysis.

Now here my very careful analysis of the actual situation...FLAMES RULE!

Prevail Posted - 10/11/2006 : 14:13:21
Wow, you have to be pretty stupid to post a msg saying FLames suck and that YOU called it happening that way. Its 3 bloody games into the season you Tard. Geeze what an idiot!
Donald Beckett Posted - 10/11/2006 : 09:56:40
Leigh, might I remind you of your post on September 19th:

quote:
It has begun, the Flames season long domination of the Canucks. Calgary 3, Vancouver 1. It's going to be a great season!

So if now is early, then September was...way too early to be spouting off about the Flames.

I hear Tanguay is demoted to the second line already. I can't beleive I took Kipper in my pool. Maybe I can trade him before his stock drops too low.

leigh Posted - 10/10/2006 : 21:55:46
you said it, it's early.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page