Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Northwest Division Once Again the Tightest

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 11/23/2006 : 11:27:27
Every year the Northwest is by far the closest and toughest division to win. Right now only 3 points separate the top and the bottom:

Minnesota - 25
Edmonton - 25
Vancouver - 23
Calgary - 22
Colorado - 22

The next tightest division is the Southeast which is separated by 3 times as many points. And the other divisions are spread as far apart as a whopping 22 points!

As a fan of a team in this division I'm glad that on any given day any of these teams can win, it makes it exciting. But if I was an owner I'd be frustrated. Can you imagine fighting tooth and nail for every point and not making the playoffs (Vancouver or Edmonton in past years), while other teams skate in because their rivals aren't worthy of the competition. It has got to be a tough pill to swallow.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6916 Posted - 01/04/2007 : 16:51:14
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

(but that was very courageous coming back from cancer)....but he wasn't too courageous on the ice

I HATE CROSBY

Nice catch blubs
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/04/2007 : 16:02:25
(but that was very courageous coming back from cancer)....but he wasn't too courageous on the ice

I HATE CROSBY
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/04/2007 : 16:01:23
I forgot the blue jackets...they're trash too., so the central isn't that competative either...........But Lemieux was a huge diver.......and EVERY time he got high sticked he'd reach to his mouth looking for blood, and run to the ref if even a tiny drop was there...a 6'4 MAN behving that way...maybe I should reconsider using the word man.

Sorry, I know this was supposed to be about the N.W.

I HATE CROSBY
Blubberboy Posted - 01/04/2007 : 10:36:49
I dont know.
I think it is because they are evenly matched teams.

GO VANCOUVER
Novie Posted - 01/04/2007 : 07:17:29
quote:

What an overrated division.....maybe I've seen too many NW games because I live in vancouver, but I find them really BORING....None of these teams really entice me.....For a good division, take a peak at the Northeast. Every team has a playoff shot (EVEN THE LEAFS )...I could see only the team that wins the northwest (maybe 1 more) making it.......The pacific (minus LA) and the central (minus[maybe] st.louis) have solid teams......Phoenix and chicago have made big strides lately and I hope chicago makes it over, say vancouver...

(ps: I'd support the atlantic division too, if not for that team "led" by some smooth faced 2 year old....and co-owned by that 6'4 diver/bigger whiner than crosby)

I HATE CROSBY

I really hope you didn't just cal Lemieux a diver.

The Central is a 2-team division...when Nashville plays well...otherwise pretty weak.

Go Sens
1 Crosby fan Posted - 01/04/2007 : 00:56:10
quote:

What an overrated division.....maybe I've seen too many NW games because I live in vancouver, but I find them really BORING....None of these teams really entice me.....For a good division, take a peak at the Northeast. Every team has a playoff shot (EVEN THE LEAFS )...I could see only the team that wins the northwest (maybe 1 more) making it.......The pacific (minus LA) and the central (minus[maybe] st.louis) have solid teams......Phoenix and chicago have made big strides lately and I hope chicago makes it over, say vancouver...

(ps: I'd support the atlantic division too, if not for that team "led" by some smooth faced 2 year old....and co-owned by that 6'4 diver/bigger whiner than crosby)Instead of calling you I Hate Crosby we should call you I hate everythin anyone else agree

I HATE CROSBY

Instead of callin you I HATE CROSBY I should start callin you I HATE EVERYTHING
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/04/2007 : 00:44:37

(ps: I'd support the atlantic division too, if not for that team "led" by some smooth faced 2 year old....and co-owned by that 6'4 diver/bigger whiner than crosby)

I HATE CROSBY
Beans15 Posted - 12/28/2006 : 10:16:27
I think in the past two weeks every team in the NorthWest has been in the lead at least once. Take a look at the road records of those teams though. That's the difference maker of these teams being average or being elite. Edmonton, Vancouver, and Calgary have virtually the same home records as San Jose, Dallas, Nashville and Detroit. The difference is that the North West teams can't seem to win on the road. The first team to start winning on the road will win that division. It looks like Vancouver got a good start on that with a win in a very tough Pengrowth Saddledome the other night. Edmonton plays Vancouver Saturday and Calgary Sunday. There will definately be a few more swings in this division before the All Star break.
admin Posted - 12/27/2006 : 23:02:37
Wow it is still tight. The Canucks are now 1st in the Div and 3RD in the West. THey were last in the Div before last nights game vs Calgary. This division will come down to the final night of play.

1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/06/2006 : 20:45:36
Edmonton is playing right now so they could go ahead of Minnesota by 2 because it is 3-1 3rd

Shawn Howard
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/06/2006 : 20:42:10
right now its like Edmonton=30 Minnesota=30 Calgary=28 Vancouver=27 and Colorado=26
Guest4681 Posted - 11/27/2006 : 14:52:12
Basically, 3 of the Northwest teams should make the playoffs. Minnesota and Calgary should, and one of Vancouver, Edmonton and Colorado could.
Mikhailova Posted - 11/27/2006 : 14:11:25
Go Minnesota!!
lyall Posted - 11/24/2006 : 22:00:46
After tonight's games Edmonton is only one goal behind Minnesota. They are not only fighting for top spot in the division, but for 3rd in the west. 3rd & 7th are a huge difference & when you are counting goals to decide who's in the above said postions; that's tight & makes for excellent hockey.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/23/2006 : 11:35:48
Well either you play 4 decent teams 8 times each or in the case of the Pacific, you play 2 or 3 elite teams 8 times and 1 or 2 weak teams 8 times. The Northeast isn't an easy division either. So I think it all balances out.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page