Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Leafs shipping Sundin?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7022 Posted - 01/12/2007 : 10:55:01
When do the Leafs acknowledge that they are never going to make a run with Sundin as captain, and send him on to a real contender, so they can start rebuilding? I hate the Leafs, but I think it's bad for the NHL and hockey in Canada for them to stink so bad.
So who do they send him to, and what would they get?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
semin-rules Posted - 02/12/2007 : 13:54:01
quote:
Originally posted by the hockey guy

He has a 3 year-six million dollar contract! Thats good money especially for a backup goalie

He isn't a backup

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Guest4057 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 11:38:36
To trade away Mats would be the dumbest thing that JFJ has done.
Trade Bell and a pick to Edmonton for torres.
Guest2981 Posted - 02/03/2007 : 17:54:55
why would u want to trade the heart and soul of your team in sundin ?
you better be getting another frenchise player back
unlike the oilers in the pronger deal
the hockey guy Posted - 01/21/2007 : 07:12:42
He has a 3 year-six million dollar contract! Thats good money especially for a backup goalie
leigh Posted - 01/19/2007 : 10:35:07
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7022

quote:
Originally posted by leigh

do you honestly think it is Sundin that is the problem? I think he is hands down one of the most well rounded players in the league and his numbers are good and reliable. I don't think it is his leadership that is a problem. I think he knows when to speak up, and when to shut up and play. The problem comes from management, they need to recruit better players. Everyone else on that team is average with occasional flashes of briliance. There is no secondary powerhouse forward on the team.

If the leafs are smart they'll keep Sundin.

It's not that I think Sundin is the problem, but I think with the team around him, they can't win.So they may as well get some fresh young talent to build around. Sundin has maybe 1 or 2 more seasons of good hockey left in him. They aren't going to be a cup contender this year,and probably will miss the playoffs, and unless something dramatic changes, they won't contend next year either, so send Sundin somewhere he can win, and get something in returnwhile they still can

I see what you are saying. But if he does only have a couple seasons left like you are saying then utilize him and keep him around for the rebuild. He would be a great influence and could teach a lot. Great Captains are rare! If they did rebuild it would be pretty generous of the Leafs to let him go to a contender, but it would be a good gesture.

I agree, Raycroft is far from the answer. He would make a good back up goalie on most teams. How much does he make?
Guest7022 Posted - 01/19/2007 : 07:08:42
I agree about Raycroft, he's brutal. They'll never win anything with him in net. Although, as noted above, I think the Leafs need to start right from scratch. It won't be enough to get another goalie, and a playmaker to play with Sundin. They need to trade Tucker while he's worth something too. If they do all that, they might become a playoff team. But I really can't foresee a time when the Leafs will be a real contender.
Guest4095 Posted - 01/19/2007 : 06:40:52
the leafs definetly need a goalie,raycroft is not the one to take them anywhere near the top,also teh should keep sundin and try to make a deal to land him a offensive playmaker and it may cost them a prospect,wich is not much ,definetly need sum toughness upfront and on the blueline .
Guest7022 Posted - 01/12/2007 : 11:20:59
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

do you honestly think it is Sundin that is the problem? I think he is hands down one of the most well rounded players in the league and his numbers are good and reliable. I don't think it is his leadership that is a problem. I think he knows when to speak up, and when to shut up and play. The problem comes from management, they need to recruit better players. Everyone else on that team is average with occasional flashes of briliance. There is no secondary powerhouse forward on the team.

It's not that I think Sundin is the problem, but I think with the team around him, they can't win.So they may as well get some fresh young talent to build around. Sundin has maybe 1 or 2 more seasons of good hockey left in him. They aren't going to be a cup contender this year,and probably will miss the playoffs, and unless something dramatic changes, they won't contend next year either, so send Sundin somewhere he can win, and get something in returnwhile they still can
leigh Posted - 01/12/2007 : 11:11:47

Donald Beckett Posted - 01/12/2007 : 11:01:26
He would bring in a lot.

He isnt a UFA next season is he? I think there is somthing strange about his contract status - anybody know what it is?

Anyways, he is an elite player and solid captain. He also seems to get injured quite a bit. It would take balls to move him out of TO, and it would also be a statement of Rebuilding. Tucker would also go.

But then why did JFJ trade away Raask and then sign a crummy goaltender in Raycroft to a 3 year deal? Cuz hes an idiot thats why.

29 teams would line up to get him, the day he is announced as being on the trade block.

"I'm not fat - I just have a sweet hockey body" ...Eric Cartman.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page