Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Boston-Edmonton Rumor

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest8888 Posted - 01/27/2007 : 14:25:41
http://tinyurl.com/2wy238
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 02/21/2007 : 16:51:44
Hemsky's a goat?? One play he circles the net twice in Ottawa and he's a goat?? Learn to pass?? He's tied for 13th in the league for assists?? And he's only 24 years old.

Goat, wow.
Guest2895 Posted - 02/21/2007 : 12:57:22
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0137

Not to trash talk, but technically, Montreal is the best team ever.
24 Cups. That's all there is to say.

I would call them the smartest team when there was only 5 other teams to compete against. The knew how to draft back then. As the NHL has progressed and teams have entered the market, I would beg to differ that Montreal is the best team ever, however, since there are other teams that would have had the same success if they played those same NHL seasons
Guest0137 Posted - 02/21/2007 : 12:50:41
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8058

YEAH OILERS SUCK IF THEY LOSE TO BOSTON DETROIT IS THE BEST TEAM EVER

lol Q>H

Not to trash talk, but technically, Montreal is the best team ever.
24 Cups. That's all there is to say.
Guest2895 Posted - 02/21/2007 : 11:40:49
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

The last time the Canucks played the Oilers torres lost the game all by himself, he put his team down 2 men not once but TWICE!!! and the canucks capitalized on both of the 5-on-3s

CANUCKS RULE!!

I think you have Craig Mactavish to blame for the 2nd 5-3 powerplay...i believe it was he who took the bench penalty to cause that one. Torres may have taken a couple penalties, but one was necessary as it saved a major scoring opportunity. Sure the other was a touch bonehead, but there is a reason Edmonton has a defensive team...it's to hold opponents using their 86+ % penalty kill. The fact that you would hold the game on his shoulders wows me. How about holding Hemsky liable for trying ever so fancily to dangle through the canucks defense only to have the puck stripped from him just to force Torres to take that penalty.

You know who the real goat is in Edmonton? Ales Hemsky. I have seen that guy make play after play with which the defense has no answer for. The problem is he can get by each player only twice before he loses the puck trying to get through the same players for the 3rd time on the same drive. All he does is hold the puck and dangle. Learn to pass to your team or to shoot. Beat a player once, don't go back to show him up again. It will bite you in the back.

I do recall quite the scenario in Ottawa last night. Highlight reel stuff in OT (circling the net twice while illuding players over and over again) only to decide he was in too good of a shooting position to let fire. Another one bites the dust. The whole team needs to be traded. Including Smyth for a pick and prospect. But Smyth will resign in the offseason since he is their heart and soul.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/18/2007 : 12:26:17
I hope ur wrong beans, i hate the oilers and there trading away there players who f*** up games for them, torres so common sense, bergeron does not no what team to pass to

CANUCKS RULE!!
Beans15 Posted - 02/18/2007 : 12:00:52
Exactly Canucks Man, that's my point. He does more hurt than help.

Now that Bergeron is gone, Torres is the next to go!!!!

I can hope anyway.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/17/2007 : 12:36:49
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2893

Just a quick comment on the Raffi Torres haters who see him as expendable. If you ever want to beat the Vancouver Canucks again, I suggest holding on to him. I can't think of the last Vancouver/Edmonton game where the Oilers would have had a chance had it not been for Raffi Torres. Where he comes in to play is when the opposing team has a defense that is far too superiour for lines 1 and 2 on the opposing team. Torres is a game changer when playing on a 3rd line. You should think $1 million per year is a steal considering the guy probably single handedly wins about 6 games a year for you. That includes counting the games where he shows up as a 3rd liner who will hit no matter what and put a scare into the defense of the opposing team. He knows how to play the game, and you would see a huge hole in the lineup without his presence. If you are going to trade anybody away, make it Lupul...whatever you do, don't get rid of Pisani, as if you ever make the playoffs again, you will need his outstanding playoff performance.

The last time the Canucks played the Oilers torres lost the game all by himself, he put his team down 2 men not once but TWICE!!! and the canucks capitalized on both of the 5-on-3s

CANUCKS RULE!!
lyall Posted - 02/17/2007 : 12:08:43
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8058

lol Q>H

Uhh, Isn't this "Boston-Edmonton Rumors" a Trade forum, not a Trash Talk Forum?
Mikhailova Posted - 02/17/2007 : 08:35:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1418

the oilers are lame flames all the way
cant stop the fire

Apparently an Avalanche can
bablaboushka Posted - 02/17/2007 : 08:32:49
Anyone remember Joe Thornton?
the hockey guy Posted - 02/17/2007 : 07:36:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2981

jason smith is the heart and soul of this team you cant trade your captain ...

That is sooo untrue! Jason Smith is definatly not the heart and soul of the team. Every oilers fan would agree with me when i say that ryan smyth carries the team and is definatley the heart and soul of the team. And you can trade your captain. Many teams have done it and a good example right now is the philly and nashville trade. Forsberg wore the "C" and was traded!
the hockey guy Posted - 02/17/2007 : 07:28:28
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6836

and a 1 million dollar 40 point defenceman isnt half bad at all

Is there any that you know of?
Beans15 Posted - 02/14/2007 : 15:54:00
And to the "Guest" who thinks we are Torres haters, give your head a shake. He is barely a 3rd line player and for every good hit or goal he scores he gives the puck away for a goal and takes a stupid penalty. He's crap on the power play (1 goal this year) and can't fight penalties. There are 170 players in the league with more points than him. You can find a guy that can hit for league minimum. He does not change the game often enough to matter. We only play Vancouver 8 times a year. So what does he do for the other 74 games??

Next you're going to tell me that Bergeron is a good defenceman, right???
tctitans Posted - 02/14/2007 : 11:21:28
Don't worry Oilers fans.. Sutter made his first inept and bonehead move to protect you from this constant underachiever.

Sutter? What were you thinking? *DOH* !
Guest2893 Posted - 02/14/2007 : 09:50:56
Just a quick comment on the Raffi Torres haters who see him as expendable. If you ever want to beat the Vancouver Canucks again, I suggest holding on to him. I can't think of the last Vancouver/Edmonton game where the Oilers would have had a chance had it not been for Raffi Torres. Where he comes in to play is when the opposing team has a defense that is far too superiour for lines 1 and 2 on the opposing team. Torres is a game changer when playing on a 3rd line. You should think $1 million per year is a steal considering the guy probably single handedly wins about 6 games a year for you. That includes counting the games where he shows up as a 3rd liner who will hit no matter what and put a scare into the defense of the opposing team. He knows how to play the game, and you would see a huge hole in the lineup without his presence. If you are going to trade anybody away, make it Lupul...whatever you do, don't get rid of Pisani, as if you ever make the playoffs again, you will need his outstanding playoff performance.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/14/2007 : 05:39:30
Detroit lost to Philly...they must suck even more by your logic.

Just because a team loses to a struggling team doesn't mean they suck. The Sabres lost to the Blue Jackets and they're first in the league. Every team has its good days and its bad days.
Guest8058 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 20:27:59

lol Q>H
Guest1418 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 19:38:41
the oilers are lame flames all the way
cant stop the fire
oilers how did they do against the bruins without primeau and stuart no surprise they lost

ryan smyth wil be gone
as a flames fan in edmonton all i have to say is FLAMES FOR CUP
Beans15 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 07:33:12
Kevin Lowe and MacT will get run out of town if they do not re-sign Smyth. And why would you trade Smith and Smyth for a guy like Ryder who get's less than 65 points a game and a D-Man who is a UFA this summer and has publicly said he wants to play on the West coast to be close to his daughter?

Besides, Smyth alone is worth Souray and Ryder. Why throw in Smith??

I did hear a rumor: Horcoff to Montreal for Samsanov and Rivet. I see that happening well before the one proposed with Smith and Smyth.

And the Oilers are junk?? Sure, they are not playing well and will fight to get into the playoffs. But before you make a comment like Calgary is a powerhouse. Look at thier 4 game losing streak and loses to Columbus and Chicago since those trades that made them better. The "Junk" Oilers are only 3 games out right now. That can change in a week. The Oilers playoffs rest on thier current 7 game road trip. If they can streak and win 4-5 games and Calgary lose a couple, then it will be Calgary on the outside looking in.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/12/2007 : 19:27:34
Ryan Smyth Bleeds Oil, i bet even if he does get traded he will be back with the oilers next year

CANUCKS RULE!!
Guest1403 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 17:38:05
lets face it the oilers are junk and have no chance at making the playoffs and cant stand up to powerhouses like calgary who keep improving through trades and its looking more and more like ryan smyth wont resign so how about a trade and sign type deal:

If oilers drop out and dont sign smyth at the deadline

Jason smith
Ryan smyth (signed to MTL

to Montreal

FOR
Michael Ryder
sheldon souray (signed to EDM)
lyall Posted - 02/06/2007 : 10:24:10
Good risk to take though. They didn't lose anything. And Neved has gotten pionts in 3 or 4 games for the Oilers too.
Beans15 Posted - 02/06/2007 : 08:04:17
Trade him to who??? For what?? They picked him up on waivers. Do you know what that means? That means that his team didn't want him anymore so they gave him up for nothing! Nedved is worthless (not personally) right now and no one would take him in a trade. It was a risk that Lowe took, thinking that Hemsky, Sykora, and Nedved would fly. He was wrong.
Guest4132 Posted - 02/06/2007 : 00:05:07
Why pick someone up if you're not going to play him.. Oilers picked up Nedved & now they have sat him down for 3 or 4 games.. Maybe they should trade him also..
Canucks Man Posted - 02/05/2007 : 23:11:34
Who cares if a player is rideing coattails as long as he his producing.

CANUCKS RULE!!
lyall Posted - 02/05/2007 : 12:53:43
Yeah I agree with that. But Smyth actually request to play alongside Horcoff. Since the line got back together they all have been racking up pionts. So even if he is riding the coat-tails, it's benaficial for the Oilers.
Beans15 Posted - 02/05/2007 : 10:15:35
I think Sykora went in the dog house with MacT so he’s not getting the minutes any more. He has never been a player that created his own chances, so he needs a Hemsky type player with his. He is last year's Samsonov. He is expected to have a point a game, but he needs a player to set him up and MacT doesn’t give the ice or the linemates make that happen. I think he may be gone at the deadline.

And don't kid yourself Lyall, Hemsky and Horcoff (especially Horcoff) are benefiting from Smyth having a career season. Hemsky has stepped up at bit in the past few games, but Horcoff?? He is just a coat-tail rider. Can you imagine that line with a legitimate first line centre??
lyall Posted - 02/04/2007 : 23:53:03
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2981

horcoff is a bum .. pisani is a bum
why would u want to trade torres or jason smith or ma bergeron
torres is a great younge rplayer ..
he'll get his 20 goals and he can change the momentum of the game
like last year against SJ in the playoffs when he scored that goal
changed the whole playoffs for the oilers
and marc andre bergeron is a younger up and commer who is the oilers PP
he has a rocket shot and is speedy .. he may be a retard but hes still young
and guys like thoreson and winchester are total bums how are they even in the NHL
and matt grenne should not be in the nhl hes the worst player ive ever seen in my life hes big dumb and terrible all aroundthey should just put him on waivers

I don't like when people who know nothing about the Oilers think what they say has any vaule. I'm with Beans. I'm not gunna wast my time explaining how many things are wrong with what you said.

And Beans, I was just giving you a hard time Cause Torres go those 2 goals againts CBJ...........And does anyone else here realize that Smyth has gotten 9 pionts in his last 5 games? And Hemsky & Horcoff are chashing in also. Put the old line back together and good things happen. But what happened to Sykora?

-oil-country- Posted - 02/04/2007 : 13:39:21
I know Torres is a streaky player but he isnt on a goal drought he scored 2 games ago.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/04/2007 : 11:32:50
Thers no way jason smith is the heart and soul of the oilers, thats ryan smyth hands down. and raffi torres wont score 20 goals this year he is way to streaky he will score in 2 games or so in a row, then go 10 or so games wth out one, and right now hes on a goaless drought.

100 POST TO ME!!

CANUCKS RULE!!
Beans15 Posted - 02/04/2007 : 10:22:12
I can see that you have no hockey sense at all me Guest2981 so I won't even waste my time explaining anything to you. My justification is that anyone who claims that Jason Smith is the heart and soul of the Oilers rather than Ryan Smyth doesn't actually know a thing about the Oilers!
Guest2981 Posted - 02/03/2007 : 17:40:59
horcoff is a bum .. pisani is a bum
why would u want to trade torres or jason smith or ma bergeron
torres is a great younge rplayer ..
he'll get his 20 goals and he can change the momentum of the game
like last year against SJ in the playoffs when he scored that goal
changed the whole playoffs for the oilers
and marc andre bergeron is a younger up and commer who is the oilers PP
he has a rocket shot and is speedy .. he may be a retard but hes still young
and guys like thoreson and winchester are total bums how are they even in the NHL
and matt grenne should not be in the nhl hes the worst player ive ever seen in my life hes big dumb and terrible all aroundthey should just put him on waivers
-oil-country- Posted - 02/02/2007 : 21:28:56
Beans you said it like i definetely don't want to trade Hemsky cause he's one of my favorite players but hey someone offers us Frolov,Kopitar,Malkin or something good then i'm happy

(not saying that LA or Pittsburgh will offer us that but you never know maybe the GM who traded Thornton will get hired again lol , glad i'm not a Boston fan i would have been so pissed.)
Beans15 Posted - 02/02/2007 : 19:39:18
I would never say a player is untradable. I would give up Hemsky if the price was right. It would have to be a Malkin/Kopitar type of player. Good God, The Great One was traded (more than once), Orr was traded, and Howe was traded. A lot of the greatest players ever were traded. Hemsky is definitely tradable, if the price is right.
Guest8888 Posted - 02/02/2007 : 17:03:07
I would just like to say that Hemsky is completely untradable
Beans15 Posted - 02/02/2007 : 11:41:40
Hey Lyall, who was the Oiler to give up the puck at the Van blue line to Naslund??? It was Torres. Then, who fell down to give Naslund a free shot a Roloson. It was Bergeron. Then, with the Oilers looking like they might claw back in, with the goalie pulled, who took an ill-advised shot giving a big rebound the Van took down the ice to score on the open net??? Bergeron. In the last two minutes Bergeron and Torres combined to give the game away.

Torres did play good against Columbus and half of the Vancouver game, but that is expected. He is a streaky player. He will have 3-4 good games and then disappears for a 10 games stretch. I don't think he is a horrible player (like Bergeron) but there are literally 100+ players in the league in of his caliber, and another 150+ that are better. He is an average player at best.
lyall Posted - 02/02/2007 : 10:21:40
I agree 100% Beans. Roli needs to get traded. Jussi is a good backup, but has the ability to play alot more then he does. His only major fault is that he is a streak goalie. So with proper coaching he can work out really well for the Oilers. I also was at the CBJ game, & yes, the defance played really well. They still need alot of improvment but good none the less. Last night against VAN, lots of give aways & turnovers.

..............say what you will about Torres, but he's played very well the last 2 games.
oil guy Posted - 02/02/2007 : 06:41:39
i agree that roli is not a great goalie, he is a good goalie but then if he was not would he even be in the nhl?
jussi is a great backup but that is all.
i think more than a top tier d man the oilers need a bonified #1 goalie and have since fuhr/moog.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/02/2007 : 01:35:28
Beans i agree with you last comment about Roloson, He cant handle the pressure this year of being a starter, i thought last year he came in fresh and that was the number one reason he was good towards te end of the season and playoffs, he spent to much time being a backup/half a season goalie to be a starter at his age

CANUCKS RULE!!
Beans15 Posted - 02/01/2007 : 19:08:49
I think that Smyth is handling the scoring duties just fine. He is only 6 goals off of Ovechkin and has played 10 less games because of a broken hand!! A little support would be nice, but not top priority.

Did anyone watch the Columbus/Edmonton game last night?? I had the honor of watching the game from a Luxury Box, and I was quite impressed with the overall team when they are missing one of their supposed "stars." With Markkanen in net, the defense played with confidence and moved the puck well. They were not put in bad positions like Roloson puts them in when he plays the puck behind the net. If anyone out there watches the game, counts how many times the Oilers defense is forced to slap the puck around the boards because Roloson stops the puck behind the net with an opposing fore-check coming.

I say that Roloson is tradable. Markkanen is not the #1 guy either. So it's tough. I guess Lowe has to try to find a defenseman that can cover for Roloson’s horrible puck handling habits.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page