Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Sheldon Souray...aka an inconvenient truth

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9718 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 21:46:14
As a huge habs fan, I have been watching all of the trade rumour boards, and everything has to do with getting Forsberg, getting Federov, getting Aucoin from Chicago(why? I don't know). What has only been touched on very briefly is the situation with their UFA defenseman. Markov, Rivet, and Souray all become UFA this summer. Markov will probably re-sign, and Rivet will re-sign given the chance, but the All Star, Souray, wants to move to California to be closer to his daughter. I don't want to see Souray go, but by September, he won't be in bleu blanc et rouge one way or the other, so why aren't the habs doing something about it? I'm thinking Souray to Anaheim for Getzlaf in a sign and trade deal. If not then Souray and Aebisher to LA for Kopitar and a draft pick. I like Aebi, but LA needs a goalie, and that might convince them to let go of Kopitar. (Probably not, but a guy can hope)
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
the hockey guy Posted - 02/17/2007 : 07:46:28
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

A gold coin? LOL Hahaha another of my terrible chemistry jokes...

Real funny
-oil-country- Posted - 02/13/2007 : 15:21:17
Cammalleri is also pretty good, 55 points pretty good.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/13/2007 : 11:50:51
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Why does everyone forget about Visnovksy??

I don't know, but I did. You're right, he should be on the list of decent Kings with Frolov and Kopitar. But aside from him and the other two, they aren't much.
Beans15 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 10:31:20
Why does everyone forget about Visnovksy?? He's 4th on the team in scoring and 6th as a defensemen. He is just as important to that team as Kopitar and Frolov.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/13/2007 : 10:14:46
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

You mean your chemistry Tellurium-Actinium-Helium-R-Sulfurs made bad jokes?

Haha my lab partner and I do that same sort of thing...my favorite is "I think I have to barium Rutherfordium"

About the topic, if Souray goes to LA, the team might improve a bit. THe only real talent on their team right now comes from Frolov and Kopitar. But of course, if they let go of Kopitar they're screwed, even with Souray.
Beans15 Posted - 02/13/2007 : 07:42:45
It a choice for Montreal. Make a Cup run with Souray or trade him for something. The problem is that who(outside of California) will give up much for him knowing he is a rental player.

Maybe San Jose could use him, but at what cost??
Ripley Posted - 02/12/2007 : 22:07:30
I didn't know Souray's daughter was in LA. Well that is pretty tough to negotiate against. So knowing that, it is a good idea to get something for him while you can before he walks. 2 options really. 1) you deal him away and get something worthwhile in return or 2) you bring in something more and take a run with him if you can. How much cap space do Les Canadiens have left?

I dont think Kopitar would be moved. He's the franchise's future.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/12/2007 : 20:25:39
quote:

LOL my chemistry teachers have had talents for making bad jokes, and I think it wore off on me

You mean your chemistry Tellurium-Actinium-Helium-R-Sulfurs made bad jokes?

Anyways...
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 17:12:28
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

ISorry Habs, sucks to be one of you.

This from a Leafs fan?
LOL just kidding

LOL I meant it sucks to lose one of your best defenceman. Leafs aren't that far behind Montreal anyways, and they are playing better hockey then the Habs.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Mikhailova Posted - 02/12/2007 : 17:09:49
LOL my chemistry teachers have had talents for making bad jokes, and I think it wore off on me
bablaboushka Posted - 02/12/2007 : 16:23:40
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9718

getting Aucoin from Chicago

I don't know how many other people got that but you are something special Mik, wow. Of all words that have been posted on this site, you choose that one to notice an element? Lol, oh boy.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/12/2007 : 15:28:20
quote:

quote:

This from a Leafs fan?
LOL just kidding

LOL yea the Habs are 2nd in the Division
Mikhailova Posted - 02/12/2007 : 15:17:50
quote:

This from a Leafs fan?
LOL just kidding
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 15:11:21
I see Souray walking at the end of the year. Kopitar isn't going anywhere and I don't think Anaheim needs another all star defenceman. Sorry Habs, sucks to be one of you.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Mikhailova Posted - 02/12/2007 : 14:33:19
quote:
Originally posted by Donald Beckett

I dont think you would get the Kings to trade Kopitar.

Oh definitely not. The Kings need all the help they can get. Give up Kopitar and LA will take over Philly's standing as last in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9718

getting Aucoin from Chicago

Donald Beckett Posted - 02/12/2007 : 14:27:52
I dont think you would get the Kings to trade Kopitar. But you bring up a good point. Are all 3 UFA's this summer? If so, yes it would be tough to sign all 3 and you would hate to lose any one of them in the summer with nothing in return. I think you are right in that the only way the Habs can get any real value out of this one is a sign and trade, otherwise Souray is a rental for the playoffs. And if that is the case the Habs should keep him and give it their best shot.

"I'm not fat - I just have a sweet hockey body" ...Eric Cartman.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page