Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Forsberg a Pred!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 02/15/2007 : 16:05:32
It is official!!!!

Peter Forseberg is traded to Nashville!!!!!
We don't know who Nashvilla is trading to get Forseberg but this is huge plus for the Pred's!I'm sure your happy KariyaSelanne

What do you guys think about this?!?!?!?

I think it is very good and good for Philly because now they are going to get someone that wants to play
And Nashville is getting someone who is good for the playoffs!!

They both win!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guinman Posted - 02/20/2007 : 21:16:55
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Scotty Upshall
Ryan Parent
1st round pick
3rd round pick

What do you guys think? I feel that they are one of the only teams out there that can afford to unload that many picks/prospects. They have done well with building that team from within. I am not sure of the exact number but they must have at least 2/3 of the team being drafted by the Preds. Good for them for rolling the dice! Did they overpay? We will see.

Too high of a price.

Seem's strange to me that with a 1-2 punch of Arnott and Leqwand at centre picking up Forsberg is curious considering that a power forward like Guerin on the wing would be a bigger need to fill in my eyes. Not to mention another tough defensive rearguard. The only guy resembling a scoring power winger on that team is Hartnell.
guinman Posted - 02/20/2007 : 21:12:01
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

Solid research admin!

I heard last night that for the Canucks to land Forsberg, they would have had to package:

Morrison
Bourdon
Schneider or Edler
1st round pick

Thank god Dave Nonuts has the nuts not to make a moronic deal like that. I agree that the Preds were in the right position to make this deal. I just hope he gets hurt now.

Actually the package for Forsberg was:

Morrison or Bourdon
a young player
1st or 2nd pick depending on young player sent
pucker Posted - 02/20/2007 : 10:41:48
Solid research admin!

I heard last night that for the Canucks to land Forsberg, they would have had to package:

Morrison
Bourdon
Schneider or Edler
1st round pick

Thank god Dave Nonuts has the nuts not to make a moronic deal like that. I agree that the Preds were in the right position to make this deal. I just hope he gets hurt now.
admin Posted - 02/19/2007 : 12:00:56
As I said, the Preds are probably one of the only teams with the ability to unload this many picks/prospects. Look at their current team.

Drafted by Nashville: (=great scouting)

Erat
Legwand
Hartnell
Weber
Radulov
Suter
Hamhuis
TooToo
Klein
(Parent now in Philly)
(Upshall now in Philly)

Signed/Traded for before ever playing in the NHL: (=great scouting/management)

Timonen
Zidlicky
Fiddler
Zanon
Mason
Vokoun (ok he played one game for the habs)

Sure the club suffered through years of mediocrity, but this foundation paved the way for the Kariya, Arnott, Sullivan, and Dumont signings, and most recently the Forsberg acquisition.

I agree that both of these teams win with this deal. Nashville has drafted sooooo many good young defensemen that losing Parent is not a huge deal. Upshall was expendable considering they had Radulov playing in the AHL for a lot of the year due to the fact they had too many forwards. As for the picks, we will have to wait and see.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 02/17/2007 : 16:35:43
I never thought it would happen either.

Go Preds Go!!!
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/16/2007 : 17:08:04
I thought this was dumb becuz Forsberg playing for NSH HA i never thought it would happen
-oil-country- Posted - 02/16/2007 : 16:33:02
I wonder if there will be any bad blood when Nashville plays Colorado.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 02/16/2007 : 13:18:14
I am so happy Forsberg got traded to Nashville, I do think that Philly got the better end of the deal, but Nashville could afford because their whole team is mostly made of Draft Picks.

Go Preds Go!!!
-oil-country- Posted - 02/16/2007 : 11:31:55
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Oil Country, Philly will get the 1st overall pick for themselves because they are way back of the 29th team, but nashville will finish near the top, so because philly has nashvilles pick they get the pick in nashvilles spot, so if nashville wins the leugue, philly gets the 29th overall pick (30th pick goes to stanley cup winner)

CANUCKS RULE!!

Oh right i got mixed up who got the draft picks....thanks for the correction
Beans15 Posted - 02/16/2007 : 08:52:39
I think this definately boost Nashville into a favorite for the Cup. His leadership, experience, and skill will help them out. (Not like they needed a lot of help)

I think this was the right deal for both sides. It looks like a lot to give up for Forsberg, but like someone mentions, Nashville has done a good job of building from withen.

Philly obviously needs to rebuild, and before the strike, they were active in the market building a team which cost them drafts picks in trades. Them taking two in the first round this year will be good, but is this a deep draft year?? I don't follow the juniors so much so I don't know who the key prospects are.
oil guy Posted - 02/16/2007 : 06:55:20
Sure Forsberg get hurt alot but when he is not hurt he is still a great player good pick up for the Preds.
Mikhailova Posted - 02/16/2007 : 05:13:16
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

Well the Predators are pretty unstoppable now.

Unless Forsberg gets injured like he so often does.
admin Posted - 02/15/2007 : 22:15:22
Scotty Upshall
Ryan Parent
1st round pick
3rd round pick

What do you guys think? I feel that they are one of the only teams out there that can afford to unload that many picks/prospects. They have done well with building that team from within. I am not sure of the exact number but they must have at least 2/3 of the team being drafted by the Preds. Good for them for rolling the dice! Did they overpay? We will see.
semin-rules Posted - 02/15/2007 : 19:35:09
It is going to look sooooo funny when Foreberg wears the yellow jersey or even the normal jersey
It's gonna be great

But the Preds are now unbeatable..
And it is also good for Philly because now they got some young guys to build on

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/15/2007 : 18:48:38
This is a great deal for both clubs. Everyone said what I would have said soo good job Nashville and Philly on that trade.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Ripley Posted - 02/15/2007 : 18:42:28
Well the Predators are pretty unstoppable now. They must love their chances.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/15/2007 : 17:59:25
Oil Country, Philly will get the 1st overall pick for themselves because they are way back of the 29th team, but nashville will finish near the top, so because philly has nashvilles pick they get the pick in nashvilles spot, so if nashville wins the leugue, philly gets the 29th overall pick (30th pick goes to stanley cup winner)

CANUCKS RULE!!
bablaboushka Posted - 02/15/2007 : 17:41:07
Wow, just wow.

Well Philly got a really good deal here. Oh wow, I'm really scared for the Sharks now. I know we can beat them (despite the embarrassing loss last night) but this still hurts.
Guest7094 Posted - 02/15/2007 : 17:09:12
i think phili got the better deal because upshall is young and good and they traded the 1st and 3rd round picks
-oil-country- Posted - 02/15/2007 : 17:05:01
I think Philli got the better end of the deall. Both Upshall and Parent are young and have a good future (especially Parent) and the 1st and 3rd round can help them get another good young rookie. Not to mention Philli won't finish that high up (so i think) i think the first pick will be about 5th overall.
Saku Steen Posted - 02/15/2007 : 16:55:32
I would rather Upshall and Parent then Forsberg. Both are young and have great potential while Forsberg is older and is injured a lot. Upshall and Mike Richards will be good together too.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/15/2007 : 16:21:52
Ha Nashville wouldn't do that they are doing well without him
Mikhailova Posted - 02/15/2007 : 16:16:35
Oh no...the last thing Nashville needs is another good player. OK Sabres, time to get nasty

Here's the story...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196374&hubname=

They traded Scottie Upshall and Ryan Parent (and some draft picks)
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/15/2007 : 16:08:41
Is it official yet? I checked TSN and it said Nshville bound, but it didnt say it is official. Lets see what happenes.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page