Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Souray on the move? Destination SJ?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
luckyluc Posted - 02/20/2007 : 10:32:31
I read on a habs board that reports from the Canadiens practise had Souray being asked to leave the practise, but now apparantley it has to do with an injury. Sounds kinda strange to me. To me, the most likely destination is the Sharks. Habs could use Toskala, but would making this deal be a signal that they are giving up on the season?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2895 Posted - 02/21/2007 : 13:04:42
Toskala will not move. He simply cannot move for the price SJ is giving him. He is a steal and a great backing for any team. SJ would have to be out of their mind...kind of like Boston was out of their mind when they sent Thornton to SJ
Guest0137 Posted - 02/21/2007 : 12:34:33
As a habs fan, I am hoping this deal happens. I like Souray, but Carle, Pavelski, and a pick? That would be awesome. As for Toskala, I really doubt SJ would send him for Souray.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/21/2007 : 10:47:10
I hate the idea of this, flat out.

The only upside to Souray is the powerplay. San Jose, even despite its recent slump, still has the league's best PP. So what good is he? He is weak defensively and he is one of the top PIM-getters in the league. A team like Carolina or Atlanta that has a super-weak PP but has a legitimate shot at the Cup could use him much more than SJ.

Sending only Carle to Montreal would be WAY too much in my eyes, let alone throwing Pavelski and a draft pick. Carle is the best rookie defenseman in the league and he will be a top-2 D-man for most of his career. The only winner in this deal would be Montreal. San Jose should try to get rid of Nabokov instead. Not only will it dump his $5 million/year for cap space, but they can use that towards another Cup-run player. I think Nolan Schaefer is backup-ready, and Toskala has what it takes to bring the Sharks a Cup. What San Jose needs in return from any team is a playoff-experienced defenseman that can help Hannan develop the youngsters in Gorges, Ehrhoff, Carle, Murray, etc. Someone like a Brian Rafalski (just an example, I don't know his contract status).

Beans, Toskala cheapest top 10 goalie? Try top 5. He is by far the biggest bargain in the NHL.
Ryan Harper Posted - 02/21/2007 : 09:46:43
The Ottawa Sun is reporting a rumor that would send Carle, Pavelski, and a pick to Montreal for Souray, as long as they can sign him to a two year deal. I like this deal for the Sharks. They have a lot of good young talent and Souray is a blue chip PP QB. If they can lock him up to a contract then he isnot a rental. Actually I also like this deal for the Habs as they are in a downward spiral and if they are giving up on this season then they should deal Souray now since he will leave for nothing in the summer.

Beans, the whole point of picking him up now is so they can take a run for the cup. If you are always looking to "next year" then you will never win.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Beans15 Posted - 02/20/2007 : 16:39:04
I highly doubt that SJ will give up Toskala for Souray when they can pick him up as a UFA in the summer for just the salary. Also, Toskala is getting $1.3 for the next two years. That has to be the cheapest top 10 goalie in the league.
semin-rules Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:37:03
Yeah Souray is right now one of the Habs best players but he is not great so if they do trade him it wuold have to be for a pretty good player (or goalie)

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
tctitans Posted - 02/20/2007 : 10:35:11
Interesting... but I can't see Souray being dealt.
The Habs would have to get a pretty penny in return...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page