Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Tkachuk a Thrasher!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
-oil-country- Posted - 02/25/2007 : 07:55:31
St.Louis Blues forward Keith Tkachuk has been traded to the Atlanta Thrashers for a 1st and 3rd round picks in the 2007 Entry Draft, a 2nd round pick in 2008 and centre Glen Metropolit.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197640&hubname=

I didn't expect Tkachuk to go to Atlanta at all, I thought he would go to Detroit or Anaheim somewhere like that. But he did use his no trade clause. I think St.Louis got the better deal because Tkachuk will probably just be a "rental" player and St.Louis got some much needed draft picks. Also Glen Metropolit is pretty good young player he has 28 points (12G,16A) and a +9 rating through 57 games.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saku Steen Posted - 02/25/2007 : 11:38:01
The Blues got the better trade for sure. Prime example that rental players are just getting out of hand. Atlanta will be good for the playoffs but St. Louis will be better in the future.
Guest6935 Posted - 02/25/2007 : 10:30:00
A 1st,2nd and 3rd round pick plus a roster player for a rental? Sounds awfully steep to me. I don't see Tkachuk taking the Thrashers to the cup. Unless the Thrahsers have some draft picks stocked up from previous trades, I think this is a deal they'll regret down the road.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/25/2007 : 10:19:25
Yea, Blues definatly got the better end here. But it also fills Atlanta's need for a capable forward after losing Marc Savard. They just got a hell of alot better then they were before.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page