Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 OFF SEASON TRADE RUMOUR: LECAVALIER TO MONTREAL

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bidds55 Posted - 03/05/2007 : 11:10:24
The Fourth Period is reporting that TBAY will be cutting salaries next season. The most likely candidate to move is Vincent LeCavalier, and you gotta figure Montreal is going to be the highest bidder.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/tbl070304.html
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 05/28/2007 : 01:41:48
quote:
Originally posted by fly4apuckguy

Pasty7 makes a good point, kind of, in regards to the media. If I was a young French Canadien superstar, you could not pay me enough to go to Montreal.

He'd be a god for a little while, until they start to lose, and then they'd eat him alive.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz

hahaha thanks for agree but im going to diagree with your remarks to chipchura`s skills i believe he will consistanly score 60 points a season (after a very long break in periodm to the nhl) but he will be more renowned as a defensive forward the next kris draper that sort of style,, and as much as that may go un nnoticed he will be a superstar none the less,, and a great leader

Pasty
99pickles Posted - 05/26/2007 : 13:39:45
Feaster was interviewed on either 'Hockey This Week' or 'Inside Hockey' today and he says none of the big 3 are going anywhere. He even went so far as to say that Dan Boyle makes it a Big 4 and no-one's moving.

Just reporting what I heard.
powerlord13 Posted - 05/25/2007 : 17:31:56
Guys, you're forgetting to look at no-trade clauses- both St. Louis and Richards have them.

So no one is going anywhere until at least '11- '12 unless these smart young men decide to waive their clauses... which they wont.

"Death solves all problems; no man, no problem"
skidzz1 Posted - 05/19/2007 : 16:25:05
montreal might get lecavalier but they will have to trade 2 good players for him and if they have to trade huet for lecavalier then they should not doit

ps----Bob Gainey noes what he is doing

go habs go
fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/11/2007 : 14:22:39
Pasty7 makes a good point, kind of, in regards to the media. If I was a young French Canadien superstar, you could not pay me enough to go to Montreal.

He'd be a god for a little while, until they start to lose, and then they'd eat him alive.

fly4apuckguy Posted - 05/11/2007 : 14:20:01
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9982

You heard it here first - Montreal will trade Huet, Kovalev, prospect Kyle Chipchura, and their two first round picks this year to TBay for Lecavalier, and Marc Denis.

Jay Feaster would have to be an absloute idiot to do this trade. Chipchura is a marginal NHLer at best (sorry dude but it's true), Huet is still relatively unproven, and Kovalev is worthless. Most GM's wouldn't trade a bag of pucks for him.

Take Lecavalier out of the deal and it makes more sense. That might be a possible trade.

Vinny is the franchise and young. Don't see him being traded. St.Louis, maybe.

GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/11/2007 : 10:30:20
no matter what team lecavalier is on he is going to do just fine guarenteed numbers...he'll make the players around him that much better

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Pasty7 Posted - 05/10/2007 : 12:26:52
why would vinny come to montreal it would be the last place he would want to come we'd ruin him he'd probaly score 11 goals and be benched half the season,, and this is coming from a habs fan montreal has to many media and managment issues for a player like vunny who is good enough to pick and chose!

Pasty
Guest9671 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 12:10:03
[/quote]

haha, very funny. I think thats a joke, right?
[/quote]

yea i'm just trying to lighten it up... lecavalier rocks!
Saku Steen Posted - 04/30/2007 : 12:05:08
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9671

lecavalier to hell for a bag of pucks! he is weak and small! go russia!

haha, very funny. I think thats a joke, right?
Guest9671 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 12:02:16
lecavalier to hell for a bag of pucks! he is weak and small! go russia!
juice32 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 10:59:04

Lecavilier to the Leafs for Antropov!!!!!

Pretty even trade if you ask me........lol. JFJ probably wouldn't go for it though. Him and Antropov are drinkin' buddies
Beans15 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 10:43:35
I really don't think a trade to Mont will happen for 2 reasons.

1) A player of Lecavalier's caliber will not stay in the same conference as TB. They will move him into the West, if he does move.

2) TB will be looking for at least 1 decent forward or goalie, 1 decent defenseman, 1-2 prospects and 1-2 1st round draft picks. Lecavalier is easily a top 3 player in the league. And that is for Lecavalier alone. Throw in Denis, who is argueably a back up anyway, and they will be looking for more. I don't think Montreal has enough to give without reducing their team too much.
Guest9982 Posted - 04/30/2007 : 07:35:23
You heard it here first - Montreal will trade Huet, Kovalev, prospect Kyle Chipchura, and their two first round picks this year to TBay for Lecavalier, and Marc Denis.

Here's why -
TBay needs to move one of the big three, thats pretty clear, with the two first round picks, plus there own, they can select a couple of decent players that will likely make the team in a year or two, and won't cost much salary wise. TBay also needs a goalie, and even though Huet is coming off an injury, he's still a huge upgrade over Denis, who has fallen out of favour in Tampa. Montreal will insist on moving Kovalev as part of the deal, and Tampa will grudgingly agree, because he makes about $3.5 million a year less than Lecavalier, and can produce when motivated. As for the prospect, I expect it to be Kyle Chipchura, simply because he is a decent sized centre, who will likely make the jump to the NHL this year.

Also, to make room for Lecavalier's salary, Montreal will send Samsonov to the minors, to avoid the cap hit of his salary. Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette has suggested this may also happen to Kovalev, if he doesn't get traded.

Beans15 Posted - 03/25/2007 : 07:24:10
TB has 9 UFA's next year, and 5 RFA's. That is 9, potentially 14 spots on their team that will have to be filled. The 9 players they do have locked up represent $33 million with $32 of that hitting the cap. With the NHL saying the cap is going up next year to around $46 million, this will give about $14 million to lock up 14 players. Wow, TB would be the big three, Boyle, Kuba and a bunch of average to weak players.

So, that leaves Richards, St. Louis, and Lecavalier that would make space. Lecavalier is the best of the three, which I why I think he is the one that would leave. Richards is making $7.8 million/year until the end of the 2011-2012 season. St. Louis with make $5 mill next year, then $4 million the two years after that. Lecavalier is at $7.1 million and is a UFA after the 08/09 season. That's 2 years.

So looking at that, would any team out there pay $7.8 million for the 67 points and -14 Richards is at this year?? Nope. Like one guy said, St. Louis is 32 years old. He's also been a yo-yo in the past 4 years. 70 points then 94 points then 61 points to this year which will be over 100. Plus, if he can produce to the end of his contract the way he is today, that is 2 years longer than Lecavalier’s at $3 million less per year.

Also, if money is tight for TB today, in 2 years, if Lecavalier is still producing the way he is, he is going to want huge money for sure. Will TB have it then or will they be setting up their team to be one with a couple of stars and a bunch of average NHL players. Always fighting to get into the playoffs and not seeing another Cup. They also run the risk of losing him to Free Agency and not getting anything for one of the top two or three two way players in the league. (The others being Thorton and Iginla). Trust me, after watching Edmonton lose half their talented players and not get anything back last summer, it sucks!

Plus, I want to see Lecavalier in Copper and Blue next year!!

Guest2963 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 22:11:02
Simply Put Vinny 26 and St.Louis 32,

St.Louis would be gone before Vinny. Without a doubt
Truthfully, i know i am gonna be a little biast being an oilers fan but, With those 3 first round draft picks maybe they should try to pick up One of them considering the chances of them resignin Smyth are very low.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/24/2007 : 20:21:57
Why are all you guys talking about how Lacavalier would be in montreal and stuff, He is Tampa's best player and I am postive that he will still be there next year, or in the west if not.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 17:35:00
Verry nice thank you ''MIK'', I wont have to wonder about your name anymore.
You're probably not gonna believe me but havent seen Miracle yet. but I will watch it someday for sure.

And just to stay in topic. I think Vinny even said once thatb he would not really wont to play in Montreal just like Brodeur did , But I'm not sure about Vinny it might have been someone ellse.

Go leafs Go by the way
Mikhailova Posted - 03/24/2007 : 16:39:11
quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

Wile we’re at it, can I ask you why the pic and the name

The pic is Malkin...why? Just cuz he's one of my favorite players. This must be the third time I've explained where I got my forum name from but here goes....I was watching Miracle with some of my friends one time. The captain of the Russian team was named Boris Mikhailov. He was a smart, tough, and intimidating hockey player. One of my friends on our school hockey team told me I played like Mikhailov did, and gave me the nickname "Mikhailova", since you can add an A to the end of some Russian last names to make them female. And if anyone's wondering how to pronounce it, it's Mi-KY-luh-va, where "ky" rhymes with high. But you can call me Mik
oil fan97 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 16:30:32
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

LECAVALIER FOR NABOKOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TB needs a goalie... SJ needs to get rid of a goalie...

Oh my God could you imagine, Thornton-Marleau-Cheechoo-Lecavalier-Guerin-Michalek-Bernier-Pavelski????

you really want that to happen
Guest7031 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 15:38:55
he's not goin anywhere in the east if tampa has anything to say about and im a habs fan. they could send huet a 1st and 2nd rounder easily but what roster prospect does montreal really have that is gonna be an impact? ben maxwell!!
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 14:38:19
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Montreal media don't pick on their own kind...just those dirty Russians (figure of speech, don't get upset Mik)

Despite my forum name, I'm not Russian. Don't worry, you're like the fourth person to do that, you're not alone

Wile we’re at it, can I ask you why the pic and the name
Feel free to answer or to tell me to mind my own business lol

Go leafs Go by the way
Mikhailova Posted - 03/22/2007 : 13:34:13
quote:

Montreal media don't pick on their own kind...just those dirty Russians (figure of speech, don't get upset Mik)

Despite my forum name, I'm not Russian. Don't worry, you're like the fourth person to do that, you're not alone
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/22/2007 : 10:24:05
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Just for gits and shiggles let's say Vinny goes to Montreal. Do you think he could handle the pressure that comes from playing there?

OF COURSE HE WOULD BE FINE! Why? He's French-canadian...Montreal media don't pick on their own kind...just those dirty Russians (figure of speech, don't get upset Mik)

Sorry Novie but had to stop you there, Montreal can be hard on their own if not worst just like they were on Brisebois and Quintal who couldn’t take the pressure anymore so they just left. Life is not easy for anyone in Habs city.

Go leafs Go by the way
Novie Posted - 03/22/2007 : 05:59:02
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Just for gits and shiggles let's say Vinny goes to Montreal. Do you think he could handle the pressure that comes from playing there?

OF COURSE HE WOULD BE FINE! Why? He's French-canadian...Montreal media don't pick on their own kind...just those dirty Russians (figure of speech, don't get upset Mik)

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
willus3 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 06:42:36
Just for gits and shiggles let's say Vinny goes to Montreal. Do you think he could handle the pressure that comes from playing there? Especially considering that Lacvalier has been compared to the Montreal Legend Jean Beliveau. Admin posted an excellent article a little while back concerning the pressure associated with playing there. Here it is: http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/sports/story.html?id=8a8dd97d-749c-4f5b-866a-b68c0bd070fa&k=25882
jbraiter Posted - 03/20/2007 : 18:19:42
i dont think tampa would ever trade vinny
bablaboushka Posted - 03/20/2007 : 17:41:49
Ok we're all made up now, let's get back on topic.
Beans15 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 17:31:48
Guest4435, I was simply saying that TB is trying to reduce salaries, not add them. I did not intend on offending you, and I never called you stupid.

Guest4435 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 17:07:01
hey bablaboushka he critized me and was telling me that i was picking stupid and that i know nothing
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/20/2007 : 15:45:26
LECAVLIER FOR SABOURIN

THEY NEED A GOALIE
Kashmire Posted - 03/20/2007 : 15:38:04
If JFJ knows his stuff, he ATLEAST look into this. I would kill for Lecavalier to start off a rebuilding process here in TO, as much as most of you would kill to stop it. I hate JFJ for not being able to use the resources Toronto provides him with!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/20/2007 : 15:28:17
4435, don't come on here to criticize other members for being more knowledgeable than you. If you think being ignorant is "cooler" than being informed, then you aren't in the right place.
Guest4435 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 15:13:26
Hey Beans is that all you do all day? Research players salary and all of that stuff? I'm a hockey fan ya but I don't look at all that stuff.
The trades i made up were just an idea i had
bablaboushka Posted - 03/20/2007 : 14:59:37
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

PS- Who wouldn't want this guy on their team. 27 years old, natural leader, top 5 in scoring for the next 2-4 years for sure, Olympian. He's a team's dream. And Bab's, San Jose should be ruled unfair if they picked him up too. That's just mean!!

Wouldn't that be something? SJ doesn't have the money to do it though, even if they traded Nabokov away because once Toskala's contract expires, he will surely warrant Nabokov-type money.

Oh man, to just imagine Lecavalier on San Jose. It would be shades of Colorado in 2003-04.
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 14:18:20
And they probably don't want to trade him in the East well they will try anyway, cause you don't want a guy like vinny helping a team ta his fighting against you.

Go leafs Go by the way
Beans15 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 13:17:22
People, please consider that TB is looking to CREATE room in the cap, not add to it.

Jovo- $7 million/ year
Doan - $4.6 million/year

Total of $11.6. Lecavalier is $7.17/year, so TB would be ADDING more than $4 million to their payroll.

Same with Huet, Kovalev, and Perezhogin for Lecavalier and Holmquist.
Firstly, Holmquist is a UFA, so unless it's a sign and trade, it won't happen. Secondly, Perezhogin in a RFA, so I doubt TB would even touch that. Above that Huet and Kovalev combined are making more than Lecavalier makes. TB WANT TO REDUCE SALARIES. Besides, why take an under-achieving Russian and a yet to prove himself goalie for one of the top 5 non-goalie players in the league.??

I know you all have more hockey smarts than that out there! C'mon!

It will be Lecavalier for 2 current prospects and a conditional pick or 2-1st round draft picks, and one conditional draft pick. Somewhere in that ball park. Remember people, TB is attempting to create cap room but don't give a player away for nothing.
Guest4435 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 13:05:54
However if lecavalier was dealt to montreal then this is what i think it would like like:
Tampa Bay trades:
Vincent Lecavalier (Center) and Johan Holmqvist (goalie)

to Montreal Canadians for:

Cristobal Huet (Goalie), Alex Kovalev and Alexander Perezhogin
Guest4435 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 12:59:31
I think lecavalier will go to gretzky's coyotes for shane doan and ed jovanovski. Tampa needs a strong d man (Jovonovski) and doan brings good power and leadership to a team.
Beans15 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 11:51:04
Why would Montreal be the top bidder?? Not only that, what do they have that Tampa would want? Montreal has 6 UFA's this summer (Souray, Aebischer, Markov, Niinimaa, M. Johnson, and Bonk) plus Ryder, Plekanec, Higgins, Perezhogin, Komesarek, and Gorges that are RFA's. Who's left?? TB wants to dump salaries, not pick them up. So Koivu(like they would trade him anyway), Samsanov, Kovalev, and Huet are out of the questions. Montreal has nothing else that I can see that TB would want. Sure, they have the money to spend, but they also have many holes to fill this summer.

Now, let's think about this for a second. Richards signed for $800k/year more than Lecavalier and for 2 years after Lecavalier is a UFA. St. Louis is going to make $6 mil, $5 mil, $4 mil, and $4 mil for the next 4 seasons starting next year. That will off set the cost of Richards salary. Lecavalier is a UFA in '09 while Richards and St. Louis will be UFA's in '11. Lecavalier is the guy leaving. He is going to want top of the league money in 2 years, and Tampa won't have it. And he will go to a team with the funds to sign him to an extension to '11 or '12 for top league dollars.

So, TB will dump Lecavalier, but they won't do it for nothing. They will want young prospects and draft picks that they can bring in at a lower dollar value. What team out there has an abundance of young talent, lots of draft picks in the next 2 years, and a ton of money to spend next year with only a few UFA's and RFA's???

Edmonton!!!!

If it's not Lecavalier, Lowe will go out and pick up one or two really BIG named stars that can produce now for top league dollar.

My point on this rant, a team like Edmonton (or Phoenix, or Washington) would be much more in the running for Lecavalier than Montreal would.

Agree or disagree????

PS- Who wouldn't want this guy on their team. 27 years old, natural leader, top 5 in scoring for the next 2-4 years for sure, Olympian. He's a team's dream. And Bab's, San Jose should be ruled unfair if they picked him up too. That's just mean!! He would look great is Copper and Blue.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page